• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

UBpxA.gif

DogWelder

Kuro Madoushi said:
I'm leery of bump checking with all the fuzzy logic that goes on into facestabs (yes, I've already read that article on how the mechanics work). I can recall a number of times where I swear my back is available for only an instant and it registers...

Chasing spies is not a waste of time. If 5 people go after him, maybe, but so long as someone does it, I'm happy. Since I'm often a medic, and the people I'm healing don't do shit, I make it a point to go after them myself. Nothing more frustrating than being a medic and healing some lazy motherfucker who couldn't go out his way to chase down some spy that backstabs you later on.

I also sure as hell wouldn't leave someone like fucking Enragerdude88 or AssholeSpy2 back there causing mischief.
All true, except on GAF, there are few spies worth wasting that much effort on. ArtistDude is obviously one of the few exceptions.

Edit: Although I make it a point to spy check constantly when I have a medic buddy. Nothing more frustrating than a fat man who protects his own corpulent ass before that of his significantly weaker friend.

Fuck, I don't extra dollars left. I want the hat...

Oh god, what have you people done to me?!

Edit: Thanks for the
birthday
gift Yeef.

Yeef

Weenerz said:
Can't you gift them the DLC and they get the hat?
You can gift the DLC, but I think what Ceebs wants to do is gift the DLC then have the giftee give him that hat.

The hat is currently untradable, but it'll probably made tradeable after the promotion ends.

Ketch

esc said:
All true, except on GAF, there are few spies worth wasting that much effort on.

=( That hurts..... who was complaining about not being "good enough" to play on Jank server 3.0? Because I'm gonna join that club and make you allll pay.

Edit: Edited this in because it's off-topic: If anyone is interested in going to PAX, I have a 3 day pass to give away with a ridiculous catch involved. PM me.

lol Yeeft gifted me the Magicka DLC, but since I don't own it I get error.

I'm suppose to be saving money....I guess I could hmm. Fuck it, I guess I could buy it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EasyTGT said:
=( That hurts..... who was complaining about not being "good enough" to play on Jank server 3.0? Because I'm gonna join that club and make you allll pay.

Edit: Edited this in because it's off-topic: If anyone is interested in going to PAX, I have a 3 day pass to give away with a ridiculous catch involved. PM me.
Ridiculous 'ketch?'

Bu...b...b...but you're already married! D:

Wish I could go...stuck at new job getting yelled at...sigh...

Oreoleo

EasyTGT said:

I would if I didn't live on the other side of the country. If the catch is that you're going to pay my air fare and lodging let me know :D

Ketch

The catch is you gotta share a hotel room with my friends who are still going and pick them up at the airport.... in Portland.

edit: Basically, get a fake mustache, fancy hat, and pretend to be me.

Guys... I'm freaking out a bit here...

So I tried launching TF2 and noticed it didn't say I was playing on my friends list.
Checked my load out. "Could not connect to load out servers."
Tried joining the server. "This account does not own this game."

I quickly restarted Steam. Same messages.
I restarted my PC. Same messages.
I logged out of my account, and logged back in. Same messages.

The hell is going on?!

DogWelder

ArtistDude88 said:

So I tried launching TF2 and noticed it didn't say I was playing on my friends list.

The hell is going on?!
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7241-EYON-2343

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:

The hell is going on?!
Why don't you tell us, you dirty thief!

I knew it, I knew you'd stolen the game from the start. My sting operation is complete.

In related news, the GAF server will be shutting down forever. I'd like to thank all the regulars for participating in the sting. You'll all be awarded handsomely. We got our man, fellas!

Try verifying cache. If that doesn't work, make sure your steam client is updated (and update just went out). if it still doesn't work, hop on Google.

rar

ArtistDude88 said:

The hell is going on?!

valve dude said:
There is no need to contact Support regarding this matter.

We are performing some maintenance on accounts. Only games purchased around the release of The Orange Box and before will be affected.

The maintenance will complete in roughly 20 hours. However, your game may become playable much sooner than that.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1913889

Grinchy

Banned
For some reason I always thought that $7.50 hats on the home screen were a joke. I didn't realize the hat prices were for real...and that people actually bought them.

That $0.99 one looks really cool though lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jroderton said:
Downloading TF2 from Steam right now. Any advice for someone that's never played this game before?
Weenerz said:
Don't get frustrated, it gets better.
Best advice possible. The first 2-5 hours hurt and you'll constantly be wondering why people laud the shit out of the game.

1,000 hours later, you'll be uninstalling it in disgust at the amount of hours you have invested into a product that brought too much joy and happiness into your life with no real accomplishment.

Yeef

Jroderton said:
Downloading TF2 from Steam right now. Any advice for someone that's never played this game before?
Play the tutorials and don't be afraid to use offline practice if you're having trouble playing against real people.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I say play Payload or Attack defend on the offense side first. Those are game modes that the nature allows someone not that good to still be beneficial to the team.

Ketch

Jroderton said:

Bah skip the tutorials, and play with real people. Don't let dying piss you off, it's gonna happen, a lot. Don't worry about your K/D ratio or really your score to be honest. Focus on pushing the objectives and helping teammates. I started out focusing on only one class, but eventually found it a lot more fun to play classes that had the fewest or no one else on my team playing.

Move in with your team in waves, focus on the same objectives and enemies as everyone else, kill the medics and the spies first. The classes all have their specialties, if you want to kill spys and scouts play pyro, if you want to kill heavies play sniper or spy, if you want to kill sentry guns play soldier, demo or spy... If you want everyone to shoot at you play heavy.

Biggest tip: This is a team based game. You will not kill anyone or capture any points or push the cart by your self. It's not gonna happen... even if it looks like wartime is doing it on his own (he is.. but I'm pretty sure he's a bot) you will have much more success and fun by working with your team.

Play on the GAF server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom