• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Double idle week. Excellent. Hopefully Meet the Pyro comes out soon after meet the medic. I have a feeling they'll have a big Pyro patch (with the detonator and some other stuff) when they release Meet the Pyro.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Tutorials are a waste of time.
Psh. Tutorials take all of 5 minutes and teach you the basic mechanics of the more complex classes (Engineer and Spy). Easily worth it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
It makes me and Dog laugh.

:3

P.S. The white-knighting is hilarious.
:lol

We worried bout her cause she's a girl or new or both?

And who's going through her profile checking how many hours played...unless said person was on her friend's list?

A simple 'n00b help me' would suffice for me

yeoz

Forkball said:
And I had a lot of fun playing Spy on Badwater tonight. I do feel sorry for one guy, I think his name was Shadow. I think he's new and there were many times where I was right in front of him and he ignored me. One time I was following him down the tunnel near BLU spawn, and he turned around. I thought for sure he'd fire a rocket at me, but he didn't do anything. He did this several times until I stabbed him. Maybe it was too dark so he couldn't see my colors? I got a replay of it, I'll make a video soon.
Ah... Shadow is a friend of mine, and I guess he followed me onto the server. Yeah, he's pretty new at tf2 (~26.5 hours). I felt bad the couple times I killed him. :(
Shadow: hahaha
Shadow: i do remember that
Shadow: i saw him as a blue soldier
Shadow: turned around
Shadow: and thought "shit, i believe that's a spy"
Shadow: and died before i had a chance to turn back around
yeoz: i pretty instinctively shoot at everything, just in case
Shadow: i usually do too, but i was pretty close to base so I didn't think anything of it

DarkKyo

My replay that became a nominee yesterday has gotten a huge boost in views! I went from around 300 views over the course of a few weeks to 3,000 since it went up one day ago... Thanks to the contest I was able to get my 1,000-view achievement and hat.

Yeef

"G:\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -nosound -textmode +sv_password "whatever" +map koth_harvest_event
Put that into a bat file in your team fortress 2 directory (you can change the map and the password, obviously).

DogWelder

Twig said:
It makes me and Dog laugh.

:3

P.S. The white-knighting is hilarious.
My statement was just an observation, I couldn't have cared less that she left. On the other hand, please stop mic spamming!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Finished my Saxxy voting. Obvious set-ups received no vote. Hadouken or 8 person rocket reflects received no vote. Anything longer than 17 seconds received no vote. Potato powered samurai massacre received a vote.

I predict, for everyone who voted in all categories, an I VOTED sticker/pin just like you get in irl America. IP addresses outside the US receive nothing because they hate freedom.

Twig

Banned
esc said:
My statement was just an observation, I couldn't have cared less that she left. On the other hand, please stop mic spamming!
I wasn't necessarily talking about you, re: white-knighting. My apologies for the implication.

If she was indeed new to TF2, and I was indeed the reason she left, then I feel a little bad, but what're you gonna do.

Somewhat related, I didn't even know there WAS a girl (besides Toxic, who I play with all the time and is surely used to my complete idiocy by now) until I read this thread.

And: NEVERRRRRR.

Double drop cap doesn't require a client patch, but it looks like they're waiting until they ship the RF Promo patch anyway.

Which is pretty tin foil hatty if you ask me.

Baha

New patch notes:

Added the Red Faction promo item
The Maul
Added upcoming promo items for Magic: The Gathering
Added additional community submitted response rules
Doubled the item drop rate for the next week
Updated the Conjurer's Cowl to be paintable
Updated the webapi output to include the names of the drop_type and holiday_restriction fields
Updated the localization files

Seems like the new promo items are for the 2012 version of Magic: The Gathering that comes out this month.

[edit]Looks like the new promos are hats:

medic_mtg.833e6137f6258d96fe5b2742eafb355414d40d20.png

scout_mtg.a3dab389e1db2959c0afab09e25968a2689cb87a.png

Oreoleo

Baha said:
Seems like the new promo items are for the 2012 version of Magic: The Gathering that comes out this month.
Finally! Promo items for a game I actually want to purchase (at launch, sorry Witcher 2).

Oreoleo

ArtistDude88 said:
Dem goggles...

For scout, fuck yeah!

Scout is my least played class (by a wide margin) but I've been giving him a solid shot the past few days and having a lot of fun, and I don't have any scout hats, so this is kind of perfect timing :D

So the double drop rate wasn't implemented until this update? I spent all day idling >_>

Drkirby said:
I like how they accidentally made the Maul worse then the homewrecker.
-75% against players vs homewrecker's 25% lol

Wow, yet another promo item for the Scout (plus one for the Medic). At least there'll be more demand for the Bombing Run after this. Although technically it's labeled a "hat" on the image, I assume they'll release it, let a few unusuals of it get uncrated, then switch it to Misc. Seems to be the usual process.

Yeef

Made some changes to the server that I'm sure you'll all love/hate/feel indifferent about! :D

I added 2 new custom maps: koth_watermill (after seeing it in a Saxxy entry and thinking it looked decent) and cp_antiquity (after someone posted a video run through of it here a couple weeks ago).

I re-enabled the pre-game scramble since I feel like it makes the games slightly more balanced. I also disabled the normal TF2 auto-balance (wherein first person to die gets switched) and enabled gScramble's autobalance on a trial basis. What does that mean? When an autobalance is needed it won't switch: Medics, Engineers that have buildings, anyone who's helped with the objective recently (capped a point, defended the cart, etc.) or the top 3 players of either team.

Looking at someone's spray now shows who sprayed it for all users. Additionally, admins can spray any other player's spray using the admin menu. They can also remove sprays that are inappropriate and take action against the person who sprayed it (slap, kick, ban, etc.) from the same menu.

Big changes for map voting:
  • There's a warning sound before a vote
  • There's a 15 second countdown before the vote starts
  • Custom maps are labeled with "(Custom)" whenever they're part of vote.
  • Map vote options only appear in slots 4 and higher so you shouldn't accidentally vote unless you're playing spy or engineer
  • If the difference between the top 2 voted maps isn't big enough there will be a second runoff vote with those two maps as the only option

I added a melee-only plug-in. Admins can toggle melee only off or on at any point. It can also be called up in a vote by any admin.

I know there have been problems with garbageday, swiftwater and cranetop making clients crash. I deleted all of my maps, went through every custom map on the server 1 by 1 and allowed it to download straight through TF2 to make sure all of the maps were working correctly. Doing this I only garbage day made me crash. I re-uploaded it to the server and that fixed it. All custom maps should be fine now.

I've added 6 new admins: Baha, Inkwell, Borgnine, Speculawyer, Forkball & Spaceboy

For new admins, (and those who just don't remember) bind a key to "sm_admin".

Also for admins: I know there have been a couple of instances with cheaters on the server. Generally what they'll do is run a script that takes a random player's name and adds a character that TF2 doesn't display after it. Remember, when you're on the player admin menu there will be a number next to the player name, that number is based on the order in which they joined (higher = late joiner). You can also get the same info (as well as their STEAM id) by typing status in the console. I've also added plugins that let you rename other players as well as ban players who are no longer connected to the server (this way you can kick them before banning to get them off the server more quickly).

Of course, if there's every any issue with the server you can just get in contact with me. i'm usually near my computer most nights. Just send me a message if I'm on Steam.

Exuro said:
So I just got a Googley Gazer, when did that get added? I don't play engy much but its a pretty cool item.
It got added in two major updates ago I believe. It's worth a lot cause it's not common yet.

They added a lot of voice responses. You can laugh on command, there's some kind of response for two people going melee (apparently battle cry while aimed at an opponent and having your melee out), and little stuff like the Heavy shouting "Take this! And that!" when you're punching, plus more specific stuff so there's no Heavy talking about ham when eating chocolate.

EmCeeGramr said:
They added a lot of voice responses. You can laugh on command, there's some kind of response for two people going melee (apparently battle cry while aimed at an opponent and having your melee out), and little stuff like the Heavy shouting "Take this! And that!" when you're punching, plus more specific stuff so there's no Heavy talking about ham when eating chocolate.

Upon closer inspection, they just implemented a lot of the unused stuff. I just checked the Medic's unused and recognized some. Same with the Heavy from your description.

Proven

Yeef said:
Made some changes to the server that I'm sure you'll all love/hate/feel indifferent about! :D

I added 2 new custom maps: koth_watermill (after seeing it in a Saxxy entry and thinking it looked decent) and cp_antiquity (after someone posted a video run through of it here a couple weeks ago).

That was me! I'll try to be on later or tomorrow. Double drop rate is too enticing to not take some time off SC2.

Well, I got paint...

EmCeeGramr said:
And I was wondering since why Sniper got so talkative.

Got a 1.2mb update...?

Oreoleo

Showmeyamoves said:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100417034655/sonic/images/e/ea/JetSetRadioFuture_Beat.jpg[IMG]

Now all Scout needs is spray-paint.[/QUOTE]

The MTG character they are taken from wears them on her head, not over her eyes, so I'm anticipating Scout will wear them the same way. I would like to be wrong though.

[IMG]http://www.planeswalkerslibrary.com/images/zendikar/120.jpg

Weenerz said:
The Magic The Gathering items from the patch, are they from pre-ordering or what?

Pretty sure that's how all the other promo items have worked, so yeah. They just haven't formally announced it yet. Hell, the game doesn't even have a price yet on Steam (ie, you can't buy it yet) so I wouldn't be too concerned about it just yet.

edit: yet yet yet

Proven

Oh, a lot of that stuff was done by a community member. People complained over how many unused voice lines are in the game. There's a thread somewhere on the steam forums where he wrote out a script that would include everything and deal with stuff like the Heavy talking about ham while eating chocolate. Valve added it to the beta a few weeks back, and it looks like it's been pushed to the full game.

They may have added some new lines while making tweaks to the script though.

Oreoleo

Also the server needs its Arena settings fixed. Having half the server stuck in Spectator is kinda lame :3

Because we play arena SOOOOOO often :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom