• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

So close to 1000 views on my crappy replay video (933 views), hopefully I'll get that field recorder before Monday.

Ceebs said:
I do not want to jinx it, but I am still getting drops. at 28 total drops today including 3 hats and a name tag.
It's been 5 hours since I got a drop and I didn't get close to 20 items.

sadfrog.jpg

If anyone has Troublemaker's Tossle Cap, I can trade you a Whoopee Cap and 1 ref for it. I wanted to make it to 3 ref but my drops stopped. >_>

Oreoleo

Ceebs said:
I do not want to jinx it, but I am still getting drops. at 28 total drops today including 3 hats and a name tag.

Jesus Christ.

Lame drops as per usual over here. Not even so much as a duel or nametag all week :(

Yeef

Got a napper's respite as my only hat drop (3rd time getting tha tone; I've also gotten Ze Goggles 3 times). If anyone wants it I'd be glad to trade it for just about any hat or some metal.

I'm fairly sure that when the update comes I'll be able to craft all of the new items right away, so that'll be nice.

Ceebs

And of course they dried up after I posted that XD.

Anyway if anyone wants this Private Eye or a Defiant Spartan let me know. Looking for metal or good engie hats.

Yeef said:
I'm fairly sure that when the update comes I'll be able to craft all of the new items right away, so that'll be nice.

I'm looking
stalking
over your backpack and I'm not seeing much to craft with. Am I missing something or are you going to part ways with some of your weapons?

This is random and going back to the Soldier back pack discussion , but I think you should be able to use the horn to bludgeon someone to death AND it should build up rage like the Medic's ubersaw. That would be kind of awesome.

Baha

jaundicejuice said:
This is random and going back to the Soldier back pack discussion , but I think you should be able to use the horn to bludgeon someone to death AND it should build up rage like the Medic's ubersaw. That would be kind of awesome.

Maybe if they made a melee weapon that did that, not a bad idea.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
Got a napper's respite as my only hat drop (3rd time getting tha tone; I've also gotten Ze Goggles 3 times). If anyone wants it I'd be glad to trade it for just about any hat or some metal.

Trade me ze goggles!

Anony

yep, i think i hit the items limit too
all shit weapons, nothing worth keeping, not even a tag
so fucking unfair that people are getting multiple hats, and some of use are getting shit

DarkKyo

Anony said:
yep, i think i hit the items limit too
all shit weapons, nothing worth keeping, not even a tag
so fucking unfair that people are getting multiple hats, and some of use are getting shit
It's the roll of a dice, really. Just blind luck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I Finally figured out how to fix my source game connection problem (That I fixed last time without knowing why), I had to force my computer to change its IP Address with the school network. Wish I tried that before deleting all source games, but doing that I could then connect to a game of counter strike, now reinstalling TF2.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Is that the only one, your badge says the account was made today.
No and you don't know how to read! It says May 10!

Basically, I had two extra copies sitting around that I gifted to co-workers during the holiday sale. They sat around unused, so I asked said co-workers if they ever planned on redeeming them and they said 'probably not.' So I told them I was going to take them back and they didn't care. I had originally planned to give them away to other people, but I decided to be greedy and keep them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:

Basically, I had two extra copies sitting around that I gifted to co-workers during the holiday sale. They sat around unused, so I asked said co-workers if they ever planned on redeeming them and they said 'probably not.' So I told them I was going to take them back and they didn't care. I had originally planned to give them away to other people, but I decided to be greedy and keep them.
Ah, Quite right. It was the dueling badge I saw.

Salsa

so where do i go about selling my items/hats?

ive got plenty of vintage stuff and the likes and would like to get ride of some

do you just use the steam forums or what?

AcciDante

SalsaShark said:

ive got plenty of vintage stuff and the likes and would like to get ride of some

I offer one scrap per hat!

Yeef said:

You only use the 2 other accounts for storing crates and dupes, or do you idle on them? I know a person who has extra copies of the game, idles on them, and sells the hats.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
You only use the 2 other accounts for storing crates and dupes, or do you idle on them? I know a person who has extra copies of the game, idles on them, and sells the hats.
I use them as storage and for idling. I don't really care about hats (with a handful of exceptions), I just find it annoying, when an update hits, when I don't have the stuff to craft the new items. Now I don't have to worry about that.

Baha

SalsaShark said:

2 things you can do, 1st one is check the steam tf2 trading forums where you can ask for price checks, etc. 2nd thing is checking out www.tf2tp.com . That site is a good resource for making trades and generally seeing what people are selling/buying and getting a rough estimate of their value. To get you started, here's the current value for keys, bills & buds which are considered currency measured in metal:

1 key = 2 refined, 1 reclaimed. Sometimes if you're lucky you can get them for 2 refined even.
1 bills = 5 keys or 12 refined. It used to be 6 keys but their value has dropped recently.
1 earbuds = 10 keys or 24 refined. This used to be 11-12 keys but again their value has dropped recently.

Craftable hats are generally worth 1 refined & 1 reclaimed at their lowest and 2+ refined based on their rarity/popularity. Example: a non-vintage mining light would be worth 1 refined & 1 reclaimed whereas a Team Captain goes for 5-6 keys or a bills based on it's current popularity atm. Being a new hat however, it's value will drop eventually as it becomes more common. Vintage hats however will continue to retain their value in metal/keys since they cannot be crafted anymore.

I learned a lot last month when I unboxed an usual hat and had to learn how the economy worked so I would get a good offer.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Baha said:
2 things you can do, 1st one is check the steam tf2 trading forums where you can ask for price checks, etc. 2nd thing is checking out www.tf2tp.com . That site is a good resource for making trades and generally seeing what people are selling/buying and getting a rough estimate of their value. To get you started, here's the current value for keys, bills & buds which are considered currency measured in metal:

1 key = 2 refined, 1 reclaimed. Sometimes if you're lucky you can get them for 2 refined even.
1 bills = 5 keys or 12 refined. It used to be 6 keys but their value has dropped recently.
1 earbuds = 10 keys or 24 refined. This used to be 11-12 keys but again their value has dropped recently.

Craftable hats are generally worth 1 refined & 1 reclaimed at their lowest and 2+ refined based on their rarity/popularity. Example: a non-vintage mining light would be worth 1 refined & 1 reclaimed whereas a Team Captain goes for 5-6 keys or a bills based on it's current popularity atm. Being a new hat however, it's value will drop eventually as it becomes more common. Vintage hats however will continue to retain their value in metal/keys since they cannot be crafted anymore.

I learned a lot last month when I unboxed an usual hat and had to learn how the economy worked so I would get a good offer.
$100 via Paypal, then a run on the bank right?
What is the drop rate on hats from crates anyway?

*also I have 7 Name/Desc tags and apparently they are worth 1 refined, so if anyone wants one I'll take that. Might gamble 1 refined for a key since I don't really care about any more hats.

Yasae

Banned
Yeef said:

*waves hand*

You will give me the napper's respite.
I should have enough to trade

AcciDante

Anyone know the drop cap for double drop week? I idled pretty much all day and got almost 30 drops...Crafted my metals and got a Chieftains Challenge, which I like. I think I'm gonna craft together my guadalajara and dapper's topper for a random. Don't give no fucks.

If someone really wants either of those two, I'll take whatever craftable hat.

Yasae

Banned
Twig said:
Rage arteries?
While you were raging on TF2, plaque may have been building up in your arteries.

xSlmE.png

leroidys

I finally figured out something to use my nametag for.

Can anyone tell me if "Eau d'Australien" would be semi-acceptable French?

commissar

leroidys said:

If anything I'd change it to Eau d'Australian.

Because he's Australian and doesn't know better hohoho
hello ausgaf

Oreoleo

leroidys said:

Yeah that's pretty much French.

AcciDante said:
Anyone know the drop cap for double drop week? I idled pretty much all day and got almost 30 drops...Crafted my metals and got a Chieftains Challenge, which I like. I think I'm gonna craft together my guadalajara and dapper's topper for a random. Don't give no fucks.

If someone really wants either of those two, I'll take whatever craftable hat.

Oh I would like the Guadalajara :) I've got a medic hat I can give you.

leroidys

Awesome, thanks guys. I was thinking about doing just Australian, but I figure then people will just go "Lol you spelled it wrong!!!!!!!11111"

edit: meh on second thought I just did Australian. Going full French just clashed too much with the snipers persona. For the jarate btw...

Baha

SalsaShark said:
thanks for the info Baha

Np, also don't be shy and msg me on steam if you need a quick price check or advice on a trade. People will lowball you a lot just to see if you know the item value or because they're hoping you'll sell the item at a much lower price. People will also overpay if it's an item they really want as well.

Ceebs

SalsaShark said:

If you want to get rid of the vintage items it's best to just jump around the trade servers. You can usually find someone who will buy most of them at once if not all of them. Type trade in the filter and you will get plenty of them.

I sold all mine off for 1 scrap per vintage weapon, but if you have any of the newest weapons as vintage they are worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom