• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Ended up text mode-ing another account, is there anyway to launch another Steam client on one computer, or will I have to download/install Steam on my shitty netbook?

Forkball

So many damn dirty idlers. A lot of people seem to be finding hats, maybe I will get lucky this week. My plan was to either get two hats or three refined before the update hits and immediately craft a hat so I have a chance of getting a low-numbered new hat and then trade it for wealth and riches. Right now I have two refined, a reclaimed, and a scrap. Hopefully I get enough drops to craft something.

Yeef

Weenerz said:
Ended up text mode-ing another account, is there anyway to launch another Steam client on one computer, or will I have to download/install Steam on my shitty netbook?
You have to run a sandboxed version separate location. I use Sandboxie just because it was the only one I remembered off hand. I'm sure there's something better out there.

I'm going through the Saxxy voting right now to finish my picks, and there is way too much overlap. For example, both "Most Inventive Kill" and "Most Extreme Stunt" both have the exact same three entries out of ten. This is in addition to the Pyro video I pointed out previously, and I'm not even through a third of the categories yet. I know technically you were allowed to submit your entry to multiple categories, but I think people should've been limited to being a finalist in one category.

Please don't draw some terrible analogy to the Oscars or something. You know this is different from that.

Okay, I just got done voting in every Saxxy category, and I'm going to double-post, because Valve sure doesn't seem to mind that.

Out of a contest with a maximum of 100 entries as finalists, do you know how many instances I counted of a video being in a second, and in some cases third category? Including the one I mentioned way back, and the three I mentioned before, 35. There's 3 categories with only 9 entries, one category with just 7 (which still includes a set labeled "Angel Island"). Plus one video Valve marked as "not submitted by original author" that you can't vote for, and one that links to a closed account. (Not Valve's fault.)

That means out of a 100 possible slots, there are 57 or less unique videos. There is literally one video in "Best Cinematography" that isn't also a finalist in some other category. I'm really not trying to sound like a bad sport about this, but I think that's unfair to a lot of people who worked hard on their replays; how a single video can be a finalist in up to three categories, even when it doesn't always fit the theme. Especially when it's this video, where the focal characters were all rendered in Maya. (I know the poster owns up to this in the description, but I don't buy their "technically" argument, this was definitely against the spirit of the contest.)

I know someone's going to say I'm taking this too seriously, it's all meant in good fun, etc, but I'm just disappointed more than anything.

DarkKyo

Anyone got an extra Team Captain they'd wanna trade? I have a Teddy Roosebelt which is still the most expensive thing on the store I think... I'd wanna trade 1:1, just figured I'd try my hand here.

Ceebs

Dechaios said:
Anyone got an extra Team Captain they'd wanna trade? I have a Teddy Roosebelt which is still the most expensive thing on the store I think... I'd wanna trade 1:1, just figured I'd try my hand here.
I wish I had one cause I would do that trade. Any chance you would take some hats and metal for it or were you set on a Team Captain?

DarkKyo

Ceebs said:
I wish I had one cause I would do that trade. Any chance you would take some hats and metal for it or were you set on a Team Captain?
Hmm.. the only other thing I'd take for it is a Bill's Hat.. Unless you've got one and are willing to trade it, I'm sorry :( and I appreciate the offer.

Ceebs

Dechaios said:
Hmm.. the only other thing I'd take for it is a Bill's Hat.. Unless you've got one and are willing to trade it, I'm sorry :( and I appreciate the offer.
yeah no dice there. Oh well. I'll get one once the price drops on them.

Forkball

I played for a while today and the only interesting thing I got was a duel. People were getting paint and hat drops left and right. I am one scrap away from having three reclaimed, so I can play the hat lottery on Thursday. I want some more metal though for the weapons.

Ceebs

Forkball said:
I played for a while today and the only interesting thing I got was a duel. People were getting paint and hat drops left and right. I am one scrap away from having three reclaimed, so I can play the hat lottery on Thursday. I want some more metal though for the weapons.
Don't forget to idle on Thursday night as well to catch a 2nd round of double drops. I will probably get 15 Killing Gloves of Boxing next week to even out my luck from this week.

Oreoleo

Idled like all day today, got a bunch of crap and a description tag I'll probably never use.

No random hats :( Though I'm not sure I've hit my drop limit yet.

(Also, that bit of idling put me over 1000 hours 'played' in TF2. Not sure how to feel about that)

DarkKyo

Orellio said:
Idled like all day today, got a bunch of crap and a description tag I'll probably never use.

No random hats :( Though I'm not sure I've hit my drop limit yet.

(Also, that bit of idling put me over 1000 hours 'played' in TF2. Not sure how to feel about that)
Aw that's nothing. I have 1789 hours(maybe about 200-300 from idling) :/

I'm sure people have thousands more...

Proven

Playing offline mode between MLG matches, AND I FINALLY GOT A HAT DROP! ZE GOGGLES!

I've wanted them for such a long time. So of course now I have them after making my peace obtaining two other hats that I've grown to be happy with. Oh well. Still wearing it.

Hey Gaf.

I dont play much anymore. I gave away most of my vints and hats to a friend of mine a while back. Now I'm looking to rebuild a bit.

Anyone interested in Whiskered Gentleman or a non gen. Hetmans Headpiece?

Hit me up with an offer.

Nevermind that. Now I've got a charmers chapeau for trade.

Dug

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
My hat drops seem to come in class pairs.

2 Heavy Hats
2 Medic hats
And this week I've gotten 2 Engy hats, lol.
STBR7.jpg

DarkKyo

Just wanna remind people who haven't voted yet: voting ends tomorrow morning, so if you wanna be a pal and help me possibly win a Saxxy, you can find and vote for my video in the 'Biggest Massacre' category.. Mine is the potato samurai massacre video. Thanks again to those who have already voted for me!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE SAVED THAT REPLAY ON THUNDERMOUNTAIN ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

:lol @ Yeef's "what"

DogWelder

Okay I take back all the mean things I said about pyros. Well actually, no, any pyro that doesn't use the Degreaser can still go fuck themselves. But I've finally come to understand the beauty of fire, puff, axe.

Sgt.Pepper said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE SAVED THAT REPLAY ON THUNDERMOUNTAIN ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

:lol @ Yeef's "what"
Explain?

esc said:
Okay I take back all the mean things I said about pyros. Well actually, no, any pyro that doesn't use the Degreaser can still go fuck themselves. But I've finally come to understand the beauty of fire, puff, axe.

Explain?
I killed him with a crit ball. It came out of nowhere since I was aiming at a Heavy, but hit him instead. His flat what was hilarious.

Yeef

esc said:

George Carlin said:
Have you ever had a hatchet go right through your face? Not a glancing blow, but a full-on shot, deep into your forehead? Deep enough so you can shake your head and the hatchet doesn't fall out? It's the strangest feeling, because just after the hatchet goes in, and before there's any pain, you can feel a gentle puff of cool air on your brain. It feels good. But since it's the only way to get that feeling, I try not to get too hung up on it.
When I got my first description tag I was going to put that on my Axstinguisher, but they limit you to 80 characters ;(

Forkball

I got a paint drop! Radigan Conigher Brown. That makes seven paints I will probably never use. I also got a name tag but foolishly used it instead of trading it.

Yeef

Nope.

hydro is already set to not come up unless it's nominated. If someone nominates it and it gets enough votes to win then obviously people want to play it.

Then again, a couple of nights ago someone nominated cashworks and it won then everyone immediately left when it changed to cashworks. Obviously you people are mentally unstable. Maybe Twig is right and we should just do a rotation.

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
Nope.

hydro is already set to not come up unless it's nominated. If someone nominates it and it gets enough votes to win then obviously people want to play it.

Then again, a couple of nights ago someone nominated cashworks and it won then everyone immediately left when it changed to cashworks. Obviously you people are mentally unstable. Maybe Twig is right and we should just do a rotation.
everybody just presses 1 on it

I don't recall Forkball playing as Spy before. Play as something else, please! :p Tricky, lovable bastard.

Did the guy that said the N-word send a friend request to anyone else? He sent me one but I ignored it. I was honestly a little surprised when I saw what he typed.

DogWelder

dragonlife29 said:
I don't recall Forkball playing as Spy before. Play something something else, please! :p Tricky, lovable bastard.

Did the guy that said the N-word send a friend request to anyone else? He sent me one but I ignored it. I was honestly a little surprised when I saw what he typed.
Are you dragonslut?

DogWelder

dragonlife29 said:
Yup. I changed it back to dragonlife a while ago, though. Why?
You did? There was a dragonslut doing a good job of medic-ing today. Was just wondering who that was. You've certainly gotten better since you first started. (Except when you healed Forkball when I was just about to kill him).

Yeah, that was me. I changed my name back to dragonlife after those games. And sorry about healing Forkball; I like him so much that I don't care what team he's on
No, I just suck with Spies :(
Are you Doug Welder?

Speaking of Medic, tonight was insanely unlucky for me. I must have died four or five times AS I HIT MY UBER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom