• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does buying Planeswalker 2012 require a previous game? I just tried to buy it, and it kicked up that error, but I thought it was stand-alone.

Weenerz

Banned
Kulock said:
Does buying Planeswalker 2012 require a previous game? I just tried to buy it, and it kicked up that error, but I thought it was stand-alone.

Think it's bugged, if not, then something isn't showing correctly on the Steam store.

Forkball

The award show is kinda weird. They already know all the winners, they could just post them in a huge batch. Are they having some sort of video presentation? Oh the mysteries! We could get the update on Wednesday, but I think they will still hold it off until Thursday but have MTM on Wednesday.

Weenerz

Banned
Gifted myself that Magic game so I could get the helmets, but it isn't showing up in the list of available games, hope I didn't just buy a game I didn't redeem lol.

Clydefrog

Weenerz said:
Gifted myself that Magic game so I could get the helmets, but it isn't showing up in the list of available games, hope I didn't just buy a game I didn't redeem lol.

"Gifting self".... you mean you bought it?

Oreoleo

Clydefrog said:
"Gifting self".... you mean you bought it?

There's a glitch currently where you can't buy the game for yourself, but you can buy it as a gift and gift it to yourself to circumvent the glitch I guess.

Proven

SUPER DESTROYMAN said:
Is there a limit on how many items you get per day? I remember a while back someone telling me there was!
It's been changed to a limit on how many items you get per week, with some rollover if you didn't hit your limit the week before.

Twig

Banned
Racist.

TF2 text mode as described earlier in the thread gave me literally zero items overnight. Not that I really care, but I thought I'd try it. U:

Goon Boon

Banned
Twig said:
Racist.

TF2 text mode as described earlier in the thread gave me literally zero items overnight. Not that I really care, but I thought I'd try it. U:
did you try going to the mann co store or dieing ingame? usually after that you get like 20 drops at once.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Twig said:
Racist.

-textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort

That should work just fine. I also get my items without having to die anymore.

Yeef

Twig said:
Racist.

I've had that happen a few times. Most of the time it's been because the map didn't load for whatever reason, but once I idled and got nothing at all once for no reason.

Twig

Banned
No reason not to idle, if you're at all interested in getting unlocks faster. Especially when I don't play it nearly as much as I used to, because I fucking hate the game. So I need as much idling as I can get, these days. U:

I'll try it again, see if it works.

Yeef

If weapons still had reasonable recipes I wouldn't bother idling. It used to be, before trading crafting a weapon cost either 2 weapons or 1 weapon and 1 scrap. Now, with each update the amount of metal you need to craft weapons has been increasing. On top of that, there's the polycount hat bullshit. I only finally got all 5 hats like 2 months ago and I've been trying since the mannconomy update (also, n0b gave me 2 of the hats for free). I don't really care about cosmetic stuff much.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Grimm Fandango said:
Steam servers are fucked right now, don't think you can idle.

Well you can idle, it just won't be much gain. I idled about 2 hours tonight, got a Grimme Hatte but no other drops.

yeoz

Yeef said:
[EDIT] I removed all autobalance/scramble settings from arena maps. I also added auto-scramble to koth, 5cp and plr maps. If there's a roll teams will auto-scramble after that round. I've always had it disabled since it sucks having to attack/defend twice, but that doesn't matter in those modes.
Does koth still have autobalance? We were down two players on RED on koth_nucleus, but nothing happened for at least four minutes until the round ended and it autoscrambled next round.

Yeef

yeoz said:
Does koth still have autobalance? We were down two players on RED on koth_nucleus, but nothing happened for at least four minutes until the round ended and it autoscrambled next round.
It should. it's supposed to kick in after 10 seconds or so. I'll look into it when i get the chance.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
yeoz said:
Yeah, and Blu won despite capping the point literally during overtime and then holding it for all three minutes :D

Yeef

Well, the new autobalance won't balance Medics with charge, engineers with buildings and people who've captured/defended the point in the last 60 seconds. I'm guessing that last one is the problem. I'll have to reduce it or remove it for koth.

Forkball

So apparently Duke Nukem forever has hats, and some of them may look familiar.
Wdzjp.png

Also we will finally see Meet the Medic tomorrow GET HYPE

Twig

Banned
Yeef said:
If weapons still had reasonable recipes I wouldn't bother idling. It used to be, before trading crafting a weapon cost either 2 weapons or 1 weapon and 1 scrap. Now, with each update the amount of metal you need to craft weapons has been increasing. On top of that, there's the polycount hat bullshit. I only finally got all 5 hats like 2 months ago and I've been trying since the mannconomy update (also, n0b gave me 2 of the hats for free). I don't really care about cosmetic stuff much.
Pretty much.

Also, yeah, it's still not working for me. Guess the Steam servers are down, after all. Whatever. Game sucks anyway, AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT?

Twig said:
Also, yeah, it's still not working for me. Guess the Steam servers are down, after all. Whatever. Game sucks anyway, AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT?

I hit my drop limit today. Fuck this piece of shit game. Only got 1 hat during this week.

Forkball

Clydefrog said:
I got banned from my favorite server and didn't get a single hat. beat that!
I played on there a few days ago and was going to ask why you were banned, but I didn't want them to think I'm associated with you.

Chinner

Banned
Iadien said:
-textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort

That should work just fine. I also get my items without having to die anymore.
where you do put that? in set launch options?

Baha

ArtistDude88 said:
Think item drops will reset today? And continue to be double drops week?

The cap should reset tonight but it'll end on Friday. If Valve is gonna release new weapons, tonight will be the night to do so.

DarkKyo

Baha said:
The cap should reset tonight but it'll end on Friday. If Valve is gonna release new weapons, tonight will be the night to do so.
The other interesting thing to note is that Valve scheduled the Saxxy Awards about two hours before the cap resets. Coincidence? The awards should take a couple hours to be given out(5 minutes per category), the new update could be posted then, and then the item limit gets reset.

I'm hoping for a voice over from the Announcer, giving out the awards.

"This video won? Whatever. Not like I care. Miss Pauling, give the simpleton their award."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom