• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

SalsaShark said:
to further my question:

http://www.tf2items.com/id/pablitomm

anything there that i could get some real money out of?

I play TF2 daily but hardly care about the items/hats, so trading for others isnt really my thing.

Still up for it if its the only option though!
You might be able to find someone to Paypal you $10-$15 for the Earbuds. Honestly, the only things that will net you some actual cash are Max's Heads (people have paid like $100 for these) or unusuals (some of the more desirable ones can go for $300).

esc said:
You did? There was a dragonslut doing a good job of medic-ing today. Was just wondering who that was. You've certainly gotten better since you first started. (Except when you healed Forkball when I was just about to kill him).
I laughed really hard when this happened, he literally saved my life as I would've burned to death.

Yeef

Forkball said:
I laughed really hard when this happened, he literally saved my life as I would've burned to death.
Hah!

Dragonlife, protip: Everyone burns in their team-color. If you see a red player on fire with blue flames it's a spy!

Ceebs

Yeah I bailed at Hydro. I meant to come back but I got distracted with a movie. Hydro may be a good map, but I can't stand TC mode.

Forkball said:
<3

Yeef said:
Dragonlife, protip: Everyone burns in their team-color. If you see a red player on fire with blue flames it's a spy!
I can honestly say I've never noticed this. It all looks the same to me :( I guess I'll have to pay closer attention. I even ran into a burning Sniper, thinking it was a teammate that needed to be healed. It wasn't, haha. I was killed.

Yeef

TC maps are set to one round, so if you really don't want to play the best thing to do is just let the other team win. 3 caps and the map is over.

Baha

SalsaShark said:
to further my question:

http://www.tf2items.com/id/pablitomm

anything there that i could get some real money out of?

I play TF2 daily but hardly care about the items/hats, so trading for others isnt really my thing.

Still up for it if its the only option though!

Buds are the only thing there I see that you can sell easily for $15-18. You do have a high tier vintage hat (kabuto) but that's only good if you're trading, I'm not sure what the going rate is for it in money but it's a lot less than the buds.

Baha

Yeef said:
TC maps are set to one round, so if you really don't want to play the best thing to do is just let the other team win. 3 caps and the map is over.

Arena was bugged again last night, 3 players on each team and 18 spectators.

Dr.Kirby said:
I wonder why Valve doesn't just make Hydro a 5 point capture.

A capture point version of Hydro would be nice.

Yeef

Twig said:
Because then it wouldn't be as awesome.

Bunch of fucking ignorant ingrates in this thread.

PREACHIN'.
Have you been posting on SPUF? I was in some random thread yesterday and someone linked to one of your videos where a pyro java was ubering got telefragged.

Baha said:
Arena was bugged again last night, 3 players on each team and 18 spectators.
Odd. I haven't made any changes to the arena configs. It must have something to do with the auto scramble. I'll try editing the arena config so that it doesn't use the auto scramble.

[EDIT] I removed all autobalance/scramble settings from arena maps. I also added auto-scramble to koth, 5cp and plr maps. If there's a roll teams will auto-scramble after that round. I've always had it disabled since it sucks having to attack/defend twice, but that doesn't matter in those modes.

Nabs

Ok I'm definitely over 40 drops this week. Holy shit. I think I'm closer to 50.

yay9mmk.jpg

Baha

Sgt.Pepper said:
Ok what. You didn't play for 2 weeks or something? I got 15 items nothing more.

Yeah, the longer you don't play the more drops you get when you come back. The double cap week is like the best week for people who haven't played the game in months to come back and get a ton of stuff.

Forkball

Saxxy voting is over. Now the wait begins.

[edit] Magic 2012 is up for preorder on Steam now and they are advertising the TF2 items. They might wait for the big update before they give them to players, but there could be a mini-update tonight or tomorrow for the items.

yeoz

What the heck. I'm trying to buy the MTG game on steam, but it thinks I already own it.
I have the previous version of the game, not the 2012 version. Is anyone else running into this problem?

Yeef

yeoz said:
What the heck. I'm trying to buy the MTG game on steam, but it thinks I already own it.
I have the previous version of the game, not the 2012 version. Is anyone else running into this problem?
Same problem here.

Weenerz

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Magic is good, don't forget to play it. :p

<-- Used to be a big magic nerd.

That's my big problem, buying Steam games for the TF2 items and never playing those games. I shall see how it goes with Red Faction Armageddon.

Oreoleo

yeoz said:

Same. And I don't have last year's game.

Yeef

I'd never buy a game just for TF2 items. I will buy a game that I was planning on getting eventually any at launch for TF2 items though (As is the case here).

Grinchy

Banned
I can't believe people will pay so much for TF2 items. I really hope something good drops for me. It would be a years worth of game purchases! Or I could make a car payment lol.

Salsa

Kuro Madoushi said:
esc = doug welder (or dougie when I troll him)
Salsashark = patblitomm?!

Wha....?
But you were on my list, salsa...now I'm confused...

what? youre not there anymore? :S yeah i remember

weird mang, add me!

edit: wait you're there!

Twig

Banned
Yeef said:
Have you been posting on SPUF? I was in some random thread yesterday and someone linked to one of your videos where a pyro java was ubering got telefragged.
Hah, no. I was wondering why someone had randomly commented on the video, though. X:

Also I was the one uberingggg GEEZ.

Yeef said:
What?

I have a hard time with flames as is. I constantly shoot teammates that are on fire because I'm not sure what team they are on.

Then again, I'm little color-blind so it is a little harder for me. (Just the very common red-green colorblindness that many men have.)

cdyhybrid

Is this still the shortcut for textmode idling?

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -console -textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload -nojoy -noshader +OpenTrainingDialog

Oreoleo

cdyhybrid said:
Is this still the shortcut for textmode idling?

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -console -textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload -nojoy -noshader +OpenTrainingDialog

-textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort

Is what I used the other day with great success.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
speculawyer said:
What?

I have a hard time with flames as is. I constantly shoot teammates that are on fire because I'm not sure what team they are on.

Then again, I'm little color-blind so it is a little harder for me. (Just the very common red-green colorblindness that many men have.)
I am as well. Turn on colorblindness option?

Honestly, it shouldn't matter too much. Either you try to put him out, which will only further reveal him or try to heal him if you're a medic...and really if he's panicking or making a beeline for metal/health instead of spamming medic, then there's a problem.

Using -textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort
myself right now...I hope I get 10 hats to rub it in you durty idlors

Weenerz

Banned
Orellio said:
-textmode -novid -nosound -nopreload +map_background ctf_2fort

Is what I used the other day with great success.

Yep, just right click TF2 in your steam list, properties, set launch options, paste that into it, click okay, launch TF2, it will seem to start like normal, then you see command prompt open. And you're done. No need to add that to the shortcut.

cdyhybrid

Weenerz said:
Yep, just right click TF2 in your steam list, properties, set launch options, paste that into it, click okay, launch TF2, it will seem to start like normal, then you see command prompt open. And you're done. No need to add that to the shortcut.

I need to remove these from the launch options before I launch the game when I want to actually play, right?

Oreoleo

Yeef said:
Managed to get around the Magic problem by gifting it to myself via email.
I'm getting a new error when I try to purchase that is putting me off trying to gift it to myself:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again."

Wizards of the Coast aren't THAT greedy for money are they?

And peculiarly, trying to click the link for the game from my Community feed ("Yeef now owns...") shows an app ID of 49489 which appears invalid because the URL kicks me back to the store home page. Listed under "coming soon" the app ID is 49470. This is kinda weird.

Proven

Baha said:
Yeah, the longer you don't play the more drops you get when you come back. The double cap week is like the best week for people who haven't played the game in months to come back and get a ton of stuff.
Oh crap, I forgot about that. I still have more drops to get then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom