• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww sorry, Dech. :(

Why the hell are all these staged entries winning?! I sure as hell didn't vote for anything that looked remotely staged.

And over all I was expecting something a little bit more... Live from TF2. Maybe Robin or someone on a webcam. Honestly I don't know... But staring at Saxton for an hour with a broken timer... I'm rather dissapointed. :S

Chinner

Banned
just watched your video for the first time Dechaios, was way better than the shit that won. ooh camera angles on stationary things and sentrys killing people on spawn, how exciting and not staged!

Baha

Chinner said:
just watched your video for the first time Dechaios, was way better than the shit that won. ooh camera angles on stationary things and sentrys killing people on spawn, how exciting and not staged!

Agreed, spawn camping with sentries isn't a massacre worth voting for imo.

DarkKyo

Chinner said:
Haha I feel the same way.. I guess by definition that might be "biggest massacre" but it's not really that interesting...

ArtistDude88 said:
Aww sorry, Dech. :(

Why the hell are all these staged entries winning?! I sure as hell didn't vote for anything that looked remotely staged.

And over all I was expecting something a little bit more... Live from TF2. Maybe Robin or someone on a webcam. Honestly I don't know... But staring at Saxton for an hour with a broken timer... I'm rather dissapointed. :S

It's cool.. and I think everything Valve based involving updates is always live-scripted(like the Portal 2 fiasco) so I guess there's no surprise here with the countdown :/

Clydefrog said:
Sorry Dechaios :( :( I thought yours really had a chance too!

at least you get 1000 view hat!
That's true! It's nifty. Thanks for the vote anyways!

Baha

Kulock said:
Ok, I did vote for that one. There was a similar Scout video, but the Scout never left the intel room in the replay, wasn't much of a getaway.

Same, this one also had closer calls (he was lucky the huntsman sniper failed).

Forkball

The hell, no update for me. 95 MB doesn't sound like a huge update though. I guess we won't get that until tomorrow (hopefully).

[edit] It's starting now, but mine is 123 MB.

Baha

tf2 update patch notes:

Added the Saxxy
Updated the kill icons
Updated the vote system
Added a convar to prevent voting on the next level if one has already been set (sv_vote_issue_nextlevel_prevent_change)
Fixed scrambleteams resetting how many rounds have been played
Updated mp_scrambleteams to support a parameter of 2, which prevents resetting the number of rounds that have been played
Fixed the server automatically creating votes while in training or using itemtest

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Updated Added Birds to some stages, explode when you get close. For example, Dustbowl stage one has a bird right by the blue spawn door.

Forkball

There's a damn bird in Dustbowl.

C1C0F81D2D56F4F54C105D31DFE4019F0F571FF3

Baha

Drkirby said:
Updated Added Birds to some stages, explode when you get close. For example, Dustbowl stage one has a bird right by the blue spawn door.

That Meet the Medic picture that was leaked a while back had doves in it..

Forkball

Supposedly there's a bird in every official Valve map. Please don't make us do some bird hunting meta-game before we get the big update, Valve.

Yeef

Booo!

L'espionnage had the best soundtrack, easily. Saxton Six was maybe 3 or 4. Definitely not #1.

[EDIT]
Anony said:
yeah, so i guess using 3rd party video editing tools was okay going by all the winners
retarded
...it said that in the rules.

The use of external software in the creation of entries is permitted in all categories. However, the Replay renderer MUST be used for initial TGA/WAV data if an external editor is used, OR if rendering an entry from within TF2. Video Preset "Maximum" MUST be used, regardless of whether you are rendering a movie from TF2 or raw TGAs and a .WAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom