• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orellio said:
Meh, staged chained pyro reflects is fuckin lame.

I figure it and the other one done on Sawmill were done with bots, just repeated and tweaked the timing until they got the scripting to work. Could be wrong, of course, but that's how I'd set it up.

Oreoleo

Kulock said:
I figure it and the other one done on Sawmill was done with bots, just repeated and tweaked the timing until they got the scripting to work.

They aren't even real people with extraordinary timing and patience? That makes it even worse :(

Yeef

What the fuck.

I was hoping Dadwater D wouldn't win anything at all. it's bad enough that it made it into the finalists in so many categories. I guess Valve doesn't care about their own rules.

[EDIT] Didn't see the "aka Most Controversial"

Well played, Valve.

Ceebs

Sounds like it probably got a ton of votes but they disqualified it from all the categories and gave it its own thing.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
I liked it. Perhaps it bends the rules but it's really well done.
It's very well done and good video in its own right, but it doesn't 'bend' the rules, it flat out breaks them. It was made using Maya and/or Source Filmmaker when the rules say that you have to use the in-game replay recorder.

Oh hey, fucking cheater video gets a special nominiation. How nice.

Do you know why it was Most Controversial? Because it uses $3,000 rendering software with custom animation work, which is kind of shitty for a replay contest mostly about using the editor.

This damn video took the Finalist Nomination Spot out of three different categories, in my mind robbing other people of their chance at a win. Fuck it.

Kulock said:
Oh hey, fucking cheater video gets a special nominiation. How nice.

Do you know why it was Most Controversial? Because it uses $3,000 rendering software with custom animation work, which is kind of shitty for a replay contest mostly about using the editor.

This damn video took the Finalist Nomination Spot out of three different categories, in my mind robbing other people of their chance at a win. Fuck it.
Agreed.

And the website broke for me!

Oreoleo

"And that's a wrap! Thanks to everybody who submitted an entry, all the people who voted, and to Rebecca Black and Rick Astley, who submitted their own work several thousand times under different names. Read the rules next time, Rick Astley. Geez."

:D

Oreoleo

So, this vid that everyone just assumed was coming out immediately on the heals of the Saxxy's isn't available and everyone is bummed that they got their own expectations up too high? Is that about right?

Chinner

Banned
And that's a wrap! Thanks to everybody who submitted an entry, all the people who voted, and to Rebecca Black and Rick Astley, who submitted their own work several thousand times under different names. Read the rules next time, Rick Astley. Geez.

Thanks again! We can't wait to see what you'll come up with as the TF filmmaking tools evolve.
welps

thefil

Orellio said:
So, this vid that everyone just assumed was coming out immediately on the heals of the Saxxy's isn't available and everyone is bummed that they got their own expectations up too high? Is that about right?

Pretty much. That doesn't make it any less Valve's fault!

Dug

Banned
Orellio said:
Maybe if Valve wouldn't have put pidgeons in the maps and showed the medic on the TV screen at the end of the comic nobody would be disappointed...

:(

Oreoleo

Dug said:
Maybe if Valve wouldn't have put pidgeons in the maps and showed the medic on the TV screen at the end of the comic nobody would be disappointed...

:(

I'm not saying it hasn't been hinted at, but they never said it would be premiered after the Saxxy's. That's something everyone came up with on their own.

L00P

El Muchacho and failed griefing are the ones that made me laugh...AND Mighty Medic Uber Rangers!

And yeah I was hoping for Meet the Medic, too...OH WELL

Chinner

Banned
YT07Gl.jpg

What terrible winners. Product Highlights should have easily won, chained reflects aren't interesting, and half of them were obviously staged and bad. At least Saxton's Six won an award.

Proven

Orellio said:
Because he didn't have anyone to uber.
He would have died if his team didn't win before his uber was over.
The other team would have won if he hadn't done anything.

There aren't too many medics who would do something like that IMO
No fair, I do something like that all the time. I actually thought it was common place...

Oreoleo

Proven said:
No fair, I do something like that all the time. I actually thought it was common place...

I do too, just with less impressive end results :(

edit: when I bother playing medic these days

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, I actually didn't think we'd win our attack round on upward since wartime was giving it to us pretty good.

HAI DOUGIEEEEEEE! :D

edit: and pet/rar will weigh in. PRE-ROUND CHARGING IS AT FULL RATE! Damage/on cart/other medics healing doesn't mean shit.

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
edit: and pet/rar will weigh in. PRE-ROUND CHARGING IS AT FULL RATE! Damage/on cart/other medics healing doesn't mean shit.
what

it's been like this since the first year of tf2

why would anyone not know this

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Tell that to Yeef and the other fool who kept arguing otherwise. Go ahead and make your video, Yeef! >:{
Pre-round medics charge at full normally. Not if you're on the cart though. It's a bug that's been around forever and never been fixed. Everyone knows this. It's extremely obvious and easy to test (which I've done before). Just heal someone that's on the cart pre-round for a few seconds then have them jump off it and continue healing for a few seconds. It's incredibly obvious.

Oreoleo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Tell that to Yeef and the other fool who kept arguing otherwise. Go ahead and make your video, Yeef! >:{

You still get a point for every 600 damage healed or so, so even if the rate doesn't increase, you still get points faster, and we all know points are all that matters in TF2 :3

Grimm Fandango said:
So it's technically a new drop week yes? Wiki says it resets "Thursday at approximately 0:00AM Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)".
And since no one else replied to you yet: Yes.

Got a hat drop tonight. Double drop rate redeemed!

So who wants a Hottie's Hoodie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom