• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Greyvvolf said:
What would you want to trade it for? I've been trying to trade for one for a while now.

I'm not toooo particular. I would really like a medic's mirror hat (or Blighted Beak!), or basically any scout, or sniper hat that isn't the Larrikin Robin or Shooter's Sola Topi. No hatless hats (obviously).

Edit: Or any Polycount set hats that aren't the Fez!

Forkball

Orellio said:
So, this vid that everyone just assumed was coming out immediately on the heals of the Saxxy's isn't available and everyone is bummed that they got their own expectations up too high? Is that about right?
Valve trolled us into believing. I shouldn't have bought into it, but everything made too much sense to not be true. Valve knew this and acted accordingly.

There's still a chance it could come tomorrow since Valve purposely teased a new item in the double drop week promo pic. Also what's the purpose of double drop week if there's going to be no new items? So one could easily assume the update would come before June 10th. However with this new update, we will probably get a two month bird ARG and then finally get everything. But today was such a half-update, with a lot of new content that isn't even accessible (like the Medic taunt, sockets on the Saxxy, one handed melee animations, birds etc.)

Oreoleo

^^^ The text below the Saxxy Awards ("Saxton Deathsport Invitational's tomorrow?") leads me to believe we'll get a big update tomorrow.

But I'm still not getting my hopes up. It could just as easily be next week, after double drop week is over.

Which reminds me... what about all these birds on the maps? I didn't see any tonight.

Orellio said:
I'm not toooo particular. I would really like a medic's mirror hat (or Blighted Beak!), or basically any scout, or sniper hat that isn't the Larrikin Robin or Shooter's Sola Topi. No hatless hats (obviously).

Your hat's worth much more than that, FYI.

Although the Beak is a little close.

Oreoleo

Kulock said:
Your hat's worth much more than that, FYI.

Although the Beak is a little close.

But it's not worth anything just sitting in my backpack. I don't really care about that kind of stuff, but thanks for the heads up. I was planning on posting on SPUF where I'm sure I'd get a better deal, but I wanted to give GAF first dibs.

But for curiosity's sake, how much more is "much more?"

Greyvvolf

Orellio said:

Ahh okay, I sent you a PM.

Oreoleo

Greyvvolf said:
Ahh okay, I sent you a PM.

Thanks. If you don't mind I'm gonna sit on it tonight and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I hate to say it but Kulock has planted the seed of capitalism and greed in my brain :(

Baha

Orellio said:
But it's not worth anything just sitting in my backpack. I don't really care about that kind of stuff, but thanks for the heads up. I was planning on posting on SPUF where I'm sure I'd get a better deal, but I wanted to give GAF first dibs.

But for curiosity's sake, how much more is "much more?"

2 refined more. But if you're trading for something you want, do it. The only people who are going to lose sleep over it are hardcore traders.

Greyvvolf

Orellio said:
Thanks. If you don't mind I'm gonna sit on it tonight and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I hate to say it but Kulock has planted the seed of capitalism and greed in my brain :(
It's no problem. If you decide to take me up on my offers send me a PM for my Steam ID.

Baha said:
2 refined more. But if you're trading for something you want, do it. The only people who are going to lose sleep over it are hardcore traders.

I just don't want someone to say "I'll take it for free. Or I guess I'll give you a Batter's Helmet for it" and rip them off. Even the Polycount hats aren't worth that much anymore. It's not worth a Team Captain, but he could get one of almost any of the new hats of his choice, or two or three of the older hats no problem. Beak and some of the Vintages are the only ones I'd have to say cut down his return.

DarkKyo

Kulock said:
I just don't want someone to say "I'll take it for free. Or I guess I'll give you a Batter's Helmet for it" and rip them off. Even the Polycount hats aren't worth that much anymore. It's not worth a Team Captain, but he could get one of almost any of the new hats of his choice, or two or three of the older hats no problem. Beak and some of the Vintages are the only ones I'd have to say cut down his return.
He should go to tf2tp.com, search for wishlists looking for the hat he's trying to trade and see what kind of offers there are readily available for him. That would at least give him some idea of what it is worth.

Yeef

Dechaios said:
He should go to tf2tp.com, search for wishlists looking for the hat he's trying to trade and see what kind of offers there are readily available for him. That would at least give him some idea of what it is worth.
My understanding is that a lot of people on TF2TP try to lowball in their trades. The other thing is that these days most trades on TF2TP just list "Offers" as their wishlist. It's become a fairly useless site as far as I'm concerned.

Yeef said:
My understanding is that a lot of people on TF2TP try to lowball in their trades. The other thing is that these days most trades on TF2TP just list "Offers" as their wishlist. It's become a fairly useless site as far as I'm concerned.

Everybody's going to lowball everywhere, because they want everything the cheapest they can manage. Even then, if Orellio's not too set on any one hat, that's exactly what he could do: list it for "Offers", wait for a few responses and see what he's got to pick from.

Oreoleo

I've used TF2TP before and I don't really like it a lot. The web interface is nice, but I'm not outgoing enough to message people I don't know out of the blue about trades without feeling super awkward about it. Anyway I traded it to Greyvvolf for a Blighted Beak and everyone is happy :)

Yasae

Banned
Yeef said:
[EDIT]Holy shit, it's too fucking hot. 90.3 degrees in here. I'm going to have to set up my AC sooner than I'd hoped.
What an odd coincidence after our chat.

You know, I am the devil in disguise. Just putting that out there...

I probably already hit my cap. I think I got nearly 40 items.

I got a Sports Shine (sucks, already have vint) then Master Yellow Belt last night. Had one last year, traded away, but wanted it again after Villains Veil got released for gangsta Sniper. I deflated when I found out they go for nearly 10 refined. Guess what I get a few hours after I got the belt?

mEK6w.jpg

brb gonna place some lottery bets

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I knew my hat crafting gambling would lead me to something good. Buying hats for 1 ref then crafting them together got me another Sight for Sore Eyes. Now to get rid of this one that was gift wrapped to me.

Baha

Finally got a hat drop on my main account, another pyromancer. Might keep this one since I traded my previous one away.

commissar

Hahaha the first week I don't play TF2 in a looooong time and it's a double drop week.
Will drop by the server soon :)

Internet drama on some local servers really soured me from playing :(

Yeef

I got a Dapper Topper drop and a bunch of weapons and another name tag. That makes 3 name tags and 4 description tag drops in the last 3 weeks.

Wait, we have two days to do two weeks worth of drops? Double drop thing still in effect till 10th but we had a reset earlier today.

LETS DO THIS

DarkKyo

I just idled on my alt account all night... got 22 items of crap so at least that's some more scrap. Now to idle my bro's account all day and maybe play some on my main account... shower me with your items TF!

Yeef

Wolf Akela said:
Wait, we have two days to do two weeks worth of drops? Double drop thing still in effect till 10th but we had a reset earlier today.

LETS DO THIS
Yes. I already have 27 drops on 1 of my accounts that I maxed out last week and it's still getting more.

DarkKyo

Oh nice! I hadn't realized it but it's not all crap. I got the Defiant Spartan! Used to have a pink one but traded it away.

DarkKyo

I love naming stuff. I use the brass beast a lot because of its ultimate dominance(I think its the strongest gun in the game, right?) so I recently named mine "The Flesh Displacer".

Ceebs

commissar said:
Hahaha the first week I don't play TF2 in a looooong time and it's a double drop week.
Will drop by the server soon :)

Internet drama on some local servers really soured me from playing :(
Text mode idle tonight and you should get the even more drops than double since you missed a week.

Dug

Banned
Idled all night and got 20 items. None of them being a hat, of course. :(

But that does mean more weapons for scrap metal, so I guess it all works out in the end!

DarkKyo

Clydefrog said:
Fuck you guys are tempting to me idle. I played for 2 hours last night and got: a backburner, a l'etranger, and a crit-a-cola.
You may as well before double drop ends tomorrow or else you'll get half as many drops! Do you have some kind of problem with idling?

corn_fest

yeoz said:
Take out the launch options you added? (Nice color for your windows btw. I could never get away with that.)
I don't remember adding anything, though? I guess I'll go try to set all those things back to default next time I'm in game. And yes, pink is the best window color.

corn_fest said:
Does anyone know how to stop these console commands from trying to start every time I open TF2?

Can't use cheat
Can't use cheat
Can't use cheat
Can't use cheat
Can't use cheat
Can't use cheat

CHEATER! :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom