• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

You make a good point, but god I hate wasting my time trying to trade with people unless they are already on the server I'm playing on. Also there is something to be said for the excitement and anticipation of crafting something, not knowing what you are gonna get.

Baha

Orellio said:
I don't get how you guys can hoard metal like that. As soon as I get 3 reclaimed I craft it. Er, refined. Whatever you know what I mean.

It's not hard if you have self control. Me, I'm hoarding metal to turn into keys to turn into buds. Keys are a little more expensive now with the influx of metal thanks to the double drop week but in a week or two, it should drop again to just 2 refined.

Baha

ArtistDude88 said:
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people buying "craftable hats" for 1 refined only.

Fixed. Few people sell their craftable hats for 1 refined unless it's really shitty or they're desperate/don't care.

Baha

Sgt.Pepper said:
At what time does the double drop rate ends in EST?

Same time they started last week? There's going to be an update today (small or big) which will make the Red Faction promo tradeable/craftable.

So I wasted my week's idling for a fake e-mail, hoorah. I had intentionally held off when the drops reset because I was expecting the big update, but then when I saw that, I went ahead and tried to squeeze what I could out of the remaining double drops (wasn't totally successful).

Neither week, both accounts, no hats.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaawd.

I don't know why I bother joining any other server than GAF. Other servers are so terrible. The people on those other servers are terrible. Why must default 24 player servers be so rare?

All I do is cause myself anger joining them, but man... Sometimes I want to play TF2 before 9pm EST...

Baha

Attention people who collect lvl 100 hats: Thank you! Getting a refined for free when trading the same hat is amazing.

Forkball

Here are some server recommendations:

Critsandvich: 24 player Valve maps, they have a crit and no-crit server, pretty active and good community

Ducksoup: 24 players, they sometimes run custom maps, active

Chocolate Hammer: 24 player Valve maps, active

The Lion's Den: 24 player easily the best server outside of GAF and I pity anyone who is banned from this server

GibbedGaming: I think everyone here already knows about since I heard about it from here

reddit: Their servers are active 24/7 but I think they're all no crit. They might have one or two crit servers in there somewhere.

Baha

Clydefrog said:
waho who did this? i have a level 100 chieftain's challenge!

Only certain people do this and I usually find them by accident. Best way to find someone is to post your lvl 100 hat on tf2tp or on the steam trading forums and see if you can find somebody collecting lvl 100 hats. From there, it'll depend on the person on how much extra they'll pay for your hat. You'll have an easier time with lvl 100 vintage hats in my experience (I traded my lvl 100 v. camera beard for another v. beard + 1 refined).

Ceebs

When not playing on the GAF server I just try to filter by a map I want to play and hope for the best. I will avoid the 24/7 servers unless I just want to screw around on a Doublecross or 2fort server.

Yeef

Ceebs said:
When not playing on the GAF server I just try to filter by a map I want to play and hope for the best. I will avoid the 24/7 servers unless I just want to screw around on a Doublecross or 2fort server.
When not playing on the GAF server I just join servers that friends are playing. Which makes it annoying that everyone is idling, because they don't have the decency to set themselves to 'Offline' like I do when I idle!

Also, if none of my friends are playing I'll just go to the server browser and sort by latency until I find something I like.

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
Sorry, shitty custom maps and the jukebox or whatever isn't my idea of a good time.
Okay, Serious Pants McGee. Whatever you say. I know you like playing the same shitty official maps over and over again without any deviation from the pattern, so there's really no arguing with you.

Baha

Goon Boon said:
Did...did it drop today?

That's the thing. This is unconfirmed atm since the OP on the steam thread provided nothing else but the picture. Take this with this a grain a salt for now.

Forkball

SPUF is full of trolls and liars. Sometimes they do find something interesting, but most of the time they do stuff like this. Honestly I don't know why the mods there even allow it. If anything like that ever happened on GAF it would mean a permaban.

[edit] Someone in the Steam thread said he made it and it's a fake, so that's that.

BUT THE UPDATE IS STILL COMING BELIEVE

Baha

Sgt.Pepper said:
100% is 8 seconds of invulnerability, 150% 12 seconds maybe?

Sounds about right, the ubersaw would go great with this.

[edit]Confirmed faked:
Guys, I already said it before. It's fake. I'm the one who photoshopped it, it was when someone pitched the idea of having switchable medic backpacks, so I made a mock-up of how it would look. So can we quit commenting.

And the 'equipped' part does go over borders in-game, and yes, uber ubercharger is a dumb name, I couldn't think of anything better.

Ceebs

Forkball said:
BUT THE UPDATE IS STILL COMING BELIEVE
x-files-believe1.jpg

Baha

Dechaios said:
Anyone else lost connection to steam?

It's been on and off all day. They're doing maintenance/adding more hardware from what I hear (steam users forums).
[edit]And there it goes again.

Blizzard

Banned
Baha said:
It's been on and off all day. They're doing maintenance/adding more hardware from what I hear (steam users forums).
[edit]And there it goes again.
Because they need all that hardware...to support the hordes of TF2 players when the medic update and meet the pyromedic video goes online tonight!!!!

I mean in a month. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom