• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ceebs said:
Looks like their server already met it's end.
That Website said:
Something BIG this way comes!

This thing is for you, loyal listeners.

Last week's musical extravaganza was neither the start nor the end. We've been producing TF2 podkasts for quite some time. Whether you're new or a veteran, now's the time to bone up on the Lore of KritzKast.

News will be broken in the live recording on Sunday the 12th, so be sure to listen in or download episode #121 once it's available from the KritzKast web site.

Don't forget!

I'm not at all familiar with the website so I don't know what official connection they might get.

Forkball

THE UPDATE WAS EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED OF.

And I think the Kritzkast announcement has nothing to do with the game. The hat they included just seems like a thank you for the creators of the podcast.

Yeef

I was expecting them to at least make the Magicka hood tradeable already. What the hell is taking them so long?! >:O

DarkKyo

Forkball said:
THE UPDATE WAS EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED OF.

And I think the Kritzkast announcement has nothing to do with the game. The hat they included just seems like a thank you for the creators of the podcast.
Well, the podcast is claiming they have "big news" this Sunday and adding the hat is basically Valve telling us to listen in on Sunday's cast, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some official TF2 news in there...

Baha

Yeef said:
I was expecting them to at least make the Magicka hood tradeable already. What the hell is taking them so long?! >:O

Seems like they're waiting for the MtG promo to end so they can do it along with the Red Faction promo in one update.

Forkball

Dechaios said:
Well, the podcast is claiming they have "big news" this Sunday and adding the hat is basically Valve telling us to listen in on Sunday's cast, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some official TF2 news in there...
The big news is probably the hat itself or how to get the hat. What is big news for them is probably irrelevant to everyone else. Also the hat was in the undocumented changes, so it's not like Valve wanted everyone to know about it.

Yeef

Pre-order "Dudebro: My Shit is Fucked Up So I Have to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight Up Dawg Time" and get this nifty NeoGAF Hat!

Team_Fortress_2_Hatless_Update_31363.jpg

[Hat Not Pictured]

Gaffer's Delight
50% chance for failed backstabs
50% chance for successful facestabs
50% chance that melee weapon will miss target
50% chance that melee weapon will hit from 1000% extra range

Yeef said:
Pre-order "Dudebro: My Shit is Fucked Up So I Have to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight Up Dawg Time" and get this nifty NeoGAF Hat!

[Hat Not Pictured]

I thought that's what Bill's Hat + Camera Beard was for.

Ceebs

ArtistDude88 said:
Well, we could start producing things to submit :U

I've been fiddling in the SDK, and I know Fork has be doing some studying on makin' hats
I wish I had the know how to model. I would so do an engineer set with a sort of Adventures in Babysitting theme to it. Thor hat, plastic Mjölnir as a wrench replacement, and probably a pistol with some lightning etched in like the ambassador.

Yasae

Banned
Yeef said:

[Hat Not Pictured]
You know, it would be great if they could get a real promotion working. They got John St. John, after all.

Forkball

In the STS leak, there was a file for a custom texture pin. If that turns out to be true then you could always put the GAF logo on the pin.

Ceebs

Forkball said:
In the STS leak, there was a file for a custom texture pin. If that turns out to be true then you could always put the GAF logo on the pin.
That pin is getting Goatse'd and you know it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Chinner said:
in all seriousness theres a way more likely chance of SA getting a hat than us.
We must strike preemptively and make our own hat, then email Valve telling them we want said hat added.

I won't be able to play today. We are having blackout that has lasted more than 15 hours, and will most likely end tomorrow night. Fuck this backward country (Venezuela)

We do need a GAF hat though! =D

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
I won't be able to play today. We are having blackout that has lasted more than 15 hours, and will most likely end tomorrow night. Fuck this backward country (Venezuela)

We do need a GAF hat though! =D
I always thought you were in Britain for some reason.

I blame your name.

Yeef said:
I always thought you were in Britain for some reason.

I blame your name.
I ordered a mic this past Wednesday, I'll try to mimic a British accent just for you. <3

I certainly hope something like that never happens again.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Weird glitch...reminds me of the Hoodoo final map cart going to base by itself glitch

Last cap of Hoodoo, the cart will just move by itself while Red is trying to set up. Touching it does nothing. It'll just reach the end finish the map. I've seen it quite a few times.
That happened back on the Gaf Server 1.0 one night. It was hilariously unexpected and we (the blue team) celebrated our well-deserved victory.

[EDIT] Just had a cool idea for a spy item: a watch that insta-cloaks with no smoke trail or blink when hit, but you can't move at all while cloaked and you can't cloak or decloak while enemies have their sights on you.

Basically, this:
thumb-1816043.jpg

Yeef said:
Hahahahaha

Something similar, but not nearly as bad, happened on thundermountain tonight.

Also, wartime is a poser. Loch n Load + Targe is how REAL MEN play demo.

I am pretty good at posing as a scrub sticky demo.

Lumine

For whatever reason I've started to play this game again this weekend. I haven't played the game since october, since the mann co update I think. Surprisingly it almost felt like I never quit. I gave the medieval mode on degrootkeep a shot which was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I also liked that new payload mode with the bigger cart, whatever it's called.

That said, I want those new weapons and items now haha. :( Not trying to fuck over the topic, but if anyone is willing to trade with me I'd appreciate it.
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197960701727
Any of the weapons on the first page can go. The metal I'm not so sure yet, I guess it depends. I'd prefer to keep the weapons/items on the 3rd page but I might be able to be persuaded. :p
I'm looking for pretty much any weapon I don't have yet. Preferably the demoman stuff like the katana, the other claymore, the loch 'n load, etc. I don't care much for hats. At least not yet. :p

Yeef

Lumine said:
I also liked that new payload mode with the bigger cart, whatever it's called.
It's not a new mode. It's just a specific map called frontier and it's been around forever. it finally became official a few months ago, but it's one of those rare custom maps that everyone played anyway.

Lumine said:
That said, I want those new weapons and items now haha. :( Not trying to fuck over the topic, but if anyone is willing to trade with me I'd appreciate it.
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197960701727
Any of the weapons on the first page can go. The metal I'm not so sure yet, I guess it depends. I'd prefer to keep the weapons/items on the 3rd page but I might be able to be persuaded. :p
I'm looking for pretty much any weapon I don't have yet. Preferably the demoman stuff like the katana, the other claymore, the loch 'n load, etc. I don't care much for hats. At least not yet. :p

Any non-metal on my first page can go. I think I have spares of every single demo weapon you don't have. Just post here if you're ready to trade.

http://tf2b.com/?id=lordakela

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeef said:
That happened back on the Gaf Server 1.0 one night. It was hilariously unexpected and we (the blue team) celebrated our well-deserved victory.
Yeah, I was running up to the front, ready to deploy my sentry, and then I just see my entire team clustered around the cart, which is somehow speeding forward. Quite the moment.

Lumine

Yeef said:
It's not a new mode. It's just a specific map called frontier and it's been around forever. it finally became official a few months ago, but it's one of those rare custom maps that everyone played anyway.

Ah thanks, I didn't know that. I quite like the map so far.

Wolf Akela said:
Any non-metal on my first page can go. I think I have spares of every single demo weapon you don't have. Just post here if you're ready to trade.

http://tf2b.com/?id=lordakela

Holy crap that's a lot of stuff haha! Yeah I'm ready to trade if you are, but I'm doubting that I have anything you'd want. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom