• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Just thought of something. In that video Forkball posted the blue team should have tried not touching the cart and see where it ended up if they left it roll backward.

Just traded 16 items with Lumines. Thanks for the S2 crates, I've been looking for them forever.

Chinner said:
i'm not sure what i can offer you
http://tf2b.com/?id=chinner
(not trading anything on page 6 tho)

but if you're willing to trade your lnl and sticky jumper then that would be sweet
Too late! I just traded the LnL away. No way I'm gonna trade Sticky Jumper. It's waaay too fun with Caber. But still, every weapon on first page is up for trade. I have a few spares scattered in other pages though.

Chinner

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
Just traded 16 items with Lumines. Thanks for the S2 crates, I've been looking for them forever.

Too late! I just traded the LnL away. No way I'm gonna trade Sticky Jumper. It's waaay too fun with Caber. But still, every weapon on first page is up for trade. I have a few spares scattered in other pages though.
oh well, demoman collection still on hiatus. your loss bro, my uncles friends cat works at valve and they told me if you traded me gaf would have got a hat.

Lumine

Wolf Akela said:

Haha yeah, thanks again mate. I'm having lots of fun trying these new weapons. Most of them seem to kinda suck though. :p
Except for the short-stop. Holy crap I'm suddenly dropping bodies left and right as a scout. :O

Forkball

Just a heads up, Kritzkast starts in about 30 minutes, but the big announcement isn't for another hour. It is probably hat related, but if you want that hat then uh, I suppose it interests you.

Webcast link

balladofwindfishes said:
so what's the point?

If they wanted people to join their steam group... this isn't how to do it.

It's to "reward long-time listeners." Makes sense in a way, but making the cut-off before they announced it was pretty lame for people just discovering it.

Ketch

edit: so beaten

Forkball said:
Just a heads up, Kritzkast starts in about 30 minutes, but the big announcement isn't for another hour. It is probably hat related, but if you want that hat then uh, I suppose it interests you.

Webcast link

Sounds like the announcement is about how their listeners will have a chance to win one of the new kritzkast hats. Limited run. Must have been a member of their steam group prior to the hat being added to the game, and their also talking about how they'll be rewarding their long time listeners....

Was hoping for something related to the next update... but doesn't sound like that's it. Gonna stop listening now (13:44 pacific time)

so if you listen to a terrible unfunny podcast they'll tell you that if you were already a member of their terrible steam group and played a contest on a site that doesn't work that you'll get an incredibly ugly hat

what a well thought out plan

DarkKyo

EmCeeGramr said:
so if you listen to a terrible unfunny podcast they'll tell you that if you were already a member of their terrible steam group and played a contest on a site that doesn't work that you'll get an incredibly ugly hat

what a well thought out plan
Also make sure that you post a big TF2 announcement style countdown so everyone gets hyped for TF2 news.

<lylualori> What I find fucked is that even the folks who have been listening for ages but aren't part of the steam group aren't eligible. That's kind of bullshit.
<TinyHands> ALIENATE NEW LISTENERS FUCK YEAH

Right now they're even telling the qualified people to "back off the site, just be patient, you'll get your hats." The hats are numbered. Soooo that's kind of bullshit advice.

EVERYONE COME LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST THIS WEEK, HUGE TF2 NEWS, YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE BECAUSE A HAT JUST GOT ADDED TO THE GAME WITH OUR LOGO ON IT

if you were part of our steam group before that hat got added to the game you get the hat

isn't this a great way to attract new listeners to hear us spout 4chan memes

Congrats Chinner, you now have the Halo 2.0. Enjoy the hate.

Here's what people see if they don't qualify. (Not my account, but I just logged in and got the same page pretty much.)

Chinner

Banned
EasyTGT said:
Oh how the tide changes.
qow000.jpg
it's called irony.

leroidys said:
I don't know, I think the hat looks kinda cool. Would be better if it was just the antenna and not the hard hat re-used.

Apparently that's what it was when Ruskeydoo submitted it, but Valve stuck it on the hard hat.

Are you guys newb friendly? I finally got a laptop that can handle TF2 and I'm new and awful at the game. I'd love to play some rounds with fellow GAFers.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Obsessed said:
Are you guys newb friendly? I finally got a laptop that can handle TF2 and I'm new and awful at the game. I'd love to play some rounds with fellow GAFers.
We're friendly period. There are some skilled players, and you'll get your ass handed to you (I sure do), but its a great atmosphere.

Ceebs

Obsessed said:
Yeah don't worry about it. I play like I have my hands covered with mittens half the time and I have been playing since launch.

Obsessed said:
Sounds great. Is there a class that is notably easier to play than the others? I'm looking for something easy to learn, hard to master.

Soldier or Medic, I'd say. But play as every class, don't just "master" one. It's more fun when you can pick any role and go to town.

Ceebs

Obsessed said:
Sounds great. Is there a class that is notably easier to play than the others? I'm looking for something easy to learn, hard to master.
Pyro is super easy to play, but you can really tell if someone is good at it. I think Soldier is a decent starter class as well. Once you know the maps and how the game plays Medic and Heavy are good options as well.

Heavy can be a pain in the ass when you start out if you are not aware of how spies work and where snipers like to stand.

Yeef

Heavy is easy to learn easy to master.
Pyro and medic are easy to learn and moderate to master.
Soldier, Scout, Demo are moderate to learn hard to master.
Engineer and Spy are harder to learn and master.

Sniper is easy to play, but virtually entirely dependent upon twitch skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom