• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
So...what is it you do again, Boonoo? :D

Oh ho! I've done goofed. D:
Eek, what an ugly post. I had better fix that up some.

and Kuro! Look at my new cevo team; we're ranked number 10!
We're really good at getting forfeit wins.

It's weird because I seem to remember that too, except I definitely don't have it. Maybe there was an equivalent achievement for heavy or something?

Yeah, cashworks or something. Maybe they took it away when they fixed the glitch.

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:
Yeah, cashworks or something. Maybe they took it away when they fixed the glitch.
And thus it was that after 3,000 hours of TF2, Blizzard found himself with every achievement but ONE, and that one impossible to get.

;______; (I think that sort of thing actually happened to people in L4D2)

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
So...what is it you do again, Boonoo? :D

5. If you're still worried about spies, shoot EVERY single teammate you run across. You have plenty of ammo and there's nothing more satisfying when you find that odd spy out.

This rarely works if the spy is decent. There's no feedback anymore even with the bluts when you hit a spy so you would have to fire enough into everyone to kill them just to tell if it's a spy. Most good spies will play it cool and not react to a shot. The easiest way is to try and run through someone. If they block you from moving or move out of the way let them have it!

BTW, I've got to work tonight and tomorrow night so you guys are on your own. GET THOSE BLUE BASTARDOS

Also Kuro, Where's your mic? I'm going to have to start slapping you LeSpy style till you start talking.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Clown's also in the same league, he's on the #3 team. Lemme know if you ever play La Résistance du Nord, boonoo.

I pug regularly with these guys. They're probably at about the same level as you and the others.

I shoot teammates, or try to, at least twice, if it doesn't kill them, it significantly weakens them so that others have a better chance to kill the spy after the first backstab. People don't seem to realize what a priority a spy is: he goes back to fuck up teles, he harasses engies, he instakills teammates, he can take a crit sticky blow with the douche ringer. I make SURE to run spies down when I know they're around.

Since I'm medic a lot, I do try to bump up against teammates, but the goddamn facestab mechanic can really piss me off. I swear it was on Goldrush, I KNEW there was one spy heading up the stair, so I chase him and start shooting needles. He turns around, and I run backwards on the stairs shooting needles...FACESTAB :(

I might also suggest the server at torontodarkly.ca. I don't have the server ip with me, just go to the website and find it there. NO crits is a nice thing to have :)

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
Clown's also in the same league, he's on the #3 team. Lemme know if you ever play La Résistance du Nord, boonoo.

I pug regularly with these guys. They're probably at about the same level as you and the others.

I shoot teammates, or try to, at least twice, if it doesn't kill them, it significantly weakens them so that others have a better chance to kill the spy after the first backstab. People don't seem to realize what a priority a spy is: he goes back to fuck up teles, he harasses engies, he instakills teammates, he can take a crit sticky blow with the douche ringer. I make SURE to run spies down when I know they're around.

Since I'm medic a lot, I do try to bump up against teammates, but the goddamn facestab mechanic can really piss me off. I swear it was on Goldrush, I KNEW there was one spy heading up the stair, so I chase him and start shooting needles. He turns around, and I run backwards on the stairs shooting needles...FACESTAB :(

I might also suggest the server at torontodarkly.ca. I don't have the server ip with me, just go to the website and find it there. NO crits is a nice thing to have :)

All that chatter and still no answer about voice chat. . .
<GAF>JAVAMAN Slaps Kuro for 80 points of damage.

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:

Yeah, we might play him in a couple matches if we keep winning.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
All that chatter and still no answer about voice chat. . .
<GAF>JAVAMAN Slaps Kuro for 80 points of damage.
n0b-bigger.gif

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'd like to get to know regular players on the server, so what usernames do people here play with? From this thread I've only recognised Yeef, Javaman and Blizzard from the other night.

Lhadatt

Thnikkaman said:
I'd like to get to know regular players on the server, so what usernames do people here play with? From this thread I've only recognised Yeef, Javaman and Blizzard from the other night.
El Hadatt. But I hardly ever play TF2 anymore.

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like the sandvich may be bugged. If you eat it in the normal style (which I very rarely do, I guess) your meter stays full, and as far as I can tell, you can never eat it or throw it again in that life.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Thnikkaman said:

I'm Chopperdave on a PC(Mac).

(._.)

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
•&#811;&#768;&#9679;&#769; Exclamation Mark!

I'm on like five days a week.

Blizzard

Banned
AcciDante said:
AcciDante!

I love late night gaf <3
Late night is when it gets creepy. ;_;

Thanks for putting up with me everyone. You are all the best and so forth, unless you shoot me with rockets.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You should be able to spot me, I also go by Drkirby. I am on most nights of the week when I am up to it.

It seems like the few times I decided to just goto sleep early I miss some awesome night though :/

Twig

Banned
Drkirby said:
You should be able to spot me, I also go by Drkirby. I am on most nights of the week when I am up to it.

It seems like the few times I decided to just goto sleep early I miss some awesome night though :/
Last night was amazing.

A revelation, if you will.

A truly unique experience.

You missed out.

YOU ALL MISSED OUT.

I'm fucking amazing!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What happened, I saw it was pretty full most of the night.

And why does the server always end in Harvest. Is it set to goto harvest if everyone leaves?

corn_fest

What mic should I buy? I'm tired of being silent :(
I don't really want to buy a headset because I already have a pair of pretty good headphones, so is my only option one of those ridiculous looking desktop microphones?

Twig

Banned
Probably just a weird coincidence, but I dunno.

The rotation does need some fixing, though. Mix up the KOTH (there are like five almost right next to each other, space out the popular maps more evenly (Dustbowl, Steel, Goldrush, Badwater), and we've got a winner.

Also, either get rid of one of KOTH/CTF Sawmill, or space them evenly apart from each other on the rotation. I vote for keeping both, but I haven't really experienced CTF Sawmill with more than like 10 people AT MOST yet, since by the time it rolls around, it's getting late. U:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, CTF_Sawmill and KOTH_Sawmill need to be spaced out. Lets see if I can find that rotation and come up with something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How about this? See any major problems:

Code:
cp_freight_final1
pl_badwater
ctf_well
cp_fastlane
plr_pipeline
ctf_sawmill
cp_gorge
koth_viaduct
pl_thundermountain
cp_badlands
pl_upward
ctf_turbine
cp_yukon_final
plr_hightower
cp_steel
tc_hydro
koth_sawmill
ctf_2fort
cp_gravelpit
cp_granary
cp_junction_final
koth_nucleus
cp_well
cp_egypt_final
pl_goldrush
ctf_doublecross
cp_dustbowl
cp_coldfront
koth_harvest_final
pl_hoodoo_final

Twig

Banned
Too many CPs in a row. U:

It doesn't necessarily bother me (and neither did the KOTH thing), but people were complaining about it so!

Good thing it's still vastly superior to voting!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The problem is, there is 13 CPs, and 30 maps. I did go though them and separate A/D and standard CP though, and that is also with running the whole thing though a few RNGs.

Wthermans

Banned
I've been playing on the GAF server every so often and really enjoying the experience. The Furry Pound and The Melon Pit are my "home" servers so I get called away by friends on there sometimes. Good server though GAF. I'll try to play more. Do you guys use the GAF Mumble server at all or just rely on in-game chat?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wthermans said:
I've been playing on the GAF server every so often and really enjoying the experience. The Furry Pound and The Melon Pit are my "home" servers so I get called away by friends on there sometimes. Good server though GAF. I'll try to play more. Do you guys use the GAF Mumble server at all or just rely on in-game chat?
We still just use in game chat. And we have it on All Speak, which screws some people up

I do love telling the other team there is a spy near them, because they never realize I am in fact warning them and they get backstabed anyway

moojito

Since watching a demo a while ago my weapons have been hidden from view. I decided to try it out for a while, then thought I'd put the weapons back to visible. I thought it would be a simple console command, but I'm having real trouble finding out what that is. Does anyone know it, offhand?

Yeef

moojito said:
Since watching a demo a while ago my weapons have been hidden from view. I decided to try it out for a while, then thought I'd put the weapons back to visible. I thought it would be a simple console command, but I'm having real trouble finding out what that is. Does anyone know it, offhand?
Options > multiplayer > advanced > show viewmodel (or something like that).

Boonoo

moojito said:

You can get rid of view models in 2 ways.

what yeef posted about and turning view model fov to 360 or 180.
in the console I think it's fov_viewmodel x where x is a number.

Blizzard

Banned
2fort was actually fun last night, but (surprise surprise) I don't think either side had more than one engineer? :D

As for the rotation, I guess you can't avoid it, but two or three 5-point capture maps in a row does seem a bit much to me. Last night I only noticed two though. Oh, and sawmill or whatever Twig said that happens twice in about 20-25 minutes, unless I'm confused.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
2fort was actually fun last night, but (surprise surprise) I don't think either side had more than one engineer? :D

As for the rotation, I guess you can't avoid it, but two or three 5-point capture maps in a row does seem a bit much to me. Last night I only noticed two though. Oh, and sawmill or whatever Twig said that happens twice in about 20-25 minutes, unless I'm confused.
Yeah, the two Sawmills are two or 3 maps apart. That's pretty annoying.

Also, I enjoyed pistol sniping you on Nucleus as a scout, you dirty Natascha user.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:

You are right. Currently, it is koth_sawmill, koth_nucleus, koth_viaduct, ctf_sawmill... or something like that.

The two sawmills are really close to each other, and there are like four KOTH within six maps around that point in the current rotation. Hah.

Drkirby: I would suggest relying less on a RNG and more on just evenly spacing out the gametypes. alternating A/D CP and traditional CP is a good idea (I didn't even consider it until you mentioned it).

Take that big clump of CP at the end and put one after each of the previous CPs and they should be more evenly spaced, I think.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, try to put Badwater, Goldrush, Dustbowl, Steel as far apart from each other as possible, since those are the most popular and they're more likely to both keep players playing and draw in new players to keep the server populated. That way it's more likely some of the other maps will get real playtime instead of just Late Night GAF fucking around (not that I have any problem with Late Night GAF fucking around, obviously!).

We can debate specific order for ages, but that's not really important, as long as it's all pretty evenly spaced! In my opinion!

EDIT: I guess Upward has sort of become another of those BIG OL' POPULAR MAPS. So space that evenly from the other four Big Ones. Unless people disagree? (Personally I like Hightower a lot, but I'm well aware my favorites are not the majority's favorites.)

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, I dunno if people agree or disagree with THIS, but I think having KOTH go three rounds instead of two is appealing. They're inherently short, and I happen to think it's one of the best modes. O: (Alongside payload race. I like the constant conflict the two modes encourage, as opposed to one team being forced into defense - though that does happen often enough on PLR if one team is too "stacked" or whatever.)

TRIPLE EDIT: Jesus Christ so many typos. U:

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Yeah, the two Sawmills are two or 3 maps apart. That's pretty annoying.

Also, I enjoyed pistol sniping you on Nucleus as a scout, you dirty Natascha user.
Yeah, n0b was like, Natascha is terrible, but then I showed him! After that Amazing soldier kept killing me, I used Natascha to dominate most everyone
who was just goofing off
! :p

pl_hoodoo_final0044tttq.jpg

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
Yeah, n0b was like, Natascha is terrible, but then I showed him! After that Amazing soldier kept killing me, I used Natascha to dominate most everyone
who was just goofing off
! :p

pl_hoodoo_final0044tttq.jpg
haha they were getting so pissed at me continuously backstabbing them

that amazing soldier was a good sport, i hope he comes back U:

EDIT: Aw damnit now people might not read my big ol' post, so

Twig said:
You are right. Currently, it is koth_sawmill, koth_nucleus, koth_viaduct, ctf_sawmill... or something like that.

The two sawmills are really close to each other, and there are like four KOTH within six maps around that point in the current rotation. Hah.

Drkirby: I would suggest relying less on a RNG and more on just evenly spacing out the gametypes. alternating A/D CP and traditional CP is a good idea (I didn't even consider it until you mentioned it).

Take that big clump of CP at the end and put one after each of the previous CPs and they should be more evenly spaced, I think.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, try to put Badwater, Goldrush, Dustbowl, Steel as far apart from each other as possible, since those are the most popular and they're more likely to both keep players playing and draw in new players to keep the server populated. That way it's more likely some of the other maps will get real playtime instead of just Late Night GAF fucking around (not that I have any problem with Late Night GAF fucking around, obviously!).

We can debate specific order for ages, but that's not really important, as long as it's all pretty evenly spaced! In my opinion!

EDIT: I guess Upward has sort of become another of those BIG OL' POPULAR MAPS. So space that evenly from the other four Big Ones. Unless people disagree? (Personally I like Hightower a lot, but I'm well aware my favorites are not the majority's favorites.)

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, I dunno if people agree or disagree with THIS, but I think having KOTH go three rounds instead of two is appealing. They're inherently short, and I happen to think it's one of the best modes. O: (Alongside payload race. I like the constant conflict the two modes encourage, as opposed to one team being forced into defense - though that does happen often enough on PLR if one team is too "stacked" or whatever.)

TRIPLE EDIT: Jesus Christ so many typos. U:

And also:

GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2

28tdtld.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom