• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Turns out that I can install Steam and TF2 on the computers in the library. Though since its about 8GB, taking a solid 15 minutes to download, and the computer deletes it after I log off, I don't think I will be able to do it to often.

But I finally got to see what the cart outlines look like. They still don't show up on my computer.

Was fun playing with no sound on random maps, and some different classes. Go to Harvest, blow up scouts as a solder, try and fail badly at playing a Sniper in Higher Tower, then play as an engineer and keep having my stuff sapped, and played around with a spy a bit. I think your problem twig is it only registers as a back stab if you stab them when the spy flips his knife, but I could be wrong, I am no expert.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Boonoo said:
You shouldn't be playing games in your high school's library. :U
It was my collage libary :I

I got the idea off of seeing other people playing HL2, Combat Arms, Counter Strike, and one of the UT games.

That comment reminds me of playing a Dragon Warrior Rom that I had on a floppy disk in Middle School before classes though. Good times.

Twig

Banned
Drkirby said:

I got the idea off of seeing other people playing HL2, Combat Arms, Counter Strike, and one of the UT games.

That comment reminds me of playing a Dragon Warrior Rom that I had on a floppy disk in Middle School before classes though. Good times.
collage-00.jpg

Drkirby said:

i misread that "got off on the idea of seeing" :lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Drkirby said:
Turn out I can install Steam and TF2 on the computres in the libary. Though since its about 8GB, taking a solid 15 minutes to download, and the compture deleltes it after I log off, I don't think I will be able to do it to often.

But I finally got to see what the cart outlines look like. They still don't show up on my computer.

Was fun playing with no sound on random maps, and some diffrent classes. Goto Harvest, blow up scouts as a solder, try and fail badly at playing a Snipper in Higher Tower, then play as an enginer and keep having my stuff sapped, and played around with a spy a bit. I think your problem twig is it only regesters as a back stab if you stab them when the spy flips his knife, but I could be wrong, I am no expert.
Quit TF2 and pick up a dictionary, sheesh!

Clydefrog

Firebrand said:
Cart what? I've never seen this.

A colored outline (red or blue) of the cart can be seen from anywhere on the map, through any walls/obstacles/etc. It certainly helps me to wallhack with my huntsman. Shoot an arrow right when the cart is coming around a corner and, blam, headshot!

Clydefrog

(._.) said:
Those don't show up for me. Don't even need them.

I found it highly annoying when it came out in an update. I already had enough shit on the screen annoying me. But I guess I have since tuned it out... doesn't bother me at all anymore.

However, I STILL don't like the teammate's name and health popping up in the middle of the screen when my crosshair hovers over them.

Boonoo

With community hud that's reduced to a nice degree, and I'm sure with some modifications you could move it off to the side or get rid of it.

targetid.png

The Target IDs¶

The Target IDs have been lowered to get them out of the way of your crosshair.
There is a numerical health value on them to see just how much health the person you are looking at has or how much health the person you are healing has.
The initial idea of two-colored Target IDs was m0re's which later was edited by Flame.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:

You probably shouldn't be installing it, especially in case anyone decides to phish your info. :p

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Was fun playing with no sound on random maps, and some diffrent classes. Goto Harvest, blow up scouts as a solder, try and fail badly at playing a Snipper in Higher Tower, then play as an enginer and keep having my stuff sapped, and played around with a spy a bit. I think your problem twig is it only regesters as a back stab if you stab them when the spy flips his knife, but I could be wrong, I am no expert.
I think I spotted your problem. Playing imaginary classes is hard. Just ask Homsar.

546260-homsar_evolution_current_large.png

Drkirby said:
Turn out I can install Steam and TF2 on the computres in the libary. Though since its about 8GB, taking a solid 15 minutes to download, and the compture deleltes it after I log off, I don't think I will be able to do it to often.

Do the computers have SD Card or Memory stick slots or readers? Or even just a place where you could plug a USB stick?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Boonoo said:
With community hud that's reduced to a nice degree, and I'm sure with some modifications you could move it off to the side or get rid of it.
[/IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3702088/targetid.png[/IMG]

Holy shit that looks awesome. I might just install that tonight :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
You probably shouldn't be installing it, especially in case anyone decides to phish your info. :p
Shouldn't be to much of a problem. The PCs have Deep Freeze on them, they will delete anything and everything changed upon a log off/reboot.

Do the computers have SD Card or Memory stick slots or readers? Or even just a place where you could plug a USB stick?
Yes they do, but I am not sure if it would be worth it to get an 8GB Flash drive or SD just for TF2. Maybe if I can find them for $20 or so.

Boonoo

evlcookie said:
Holy shit that looks awesome. I might just install that tonight :D

It's pretty great. I can't believe I didn't install a custom hud for so long. The big yellow damage numbers alone are worth it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd glitches tonight. Like below, SPYS EVERYWHERE!
1z3nh9t.jpg

Also, while most of the screenshots I took suck (So often do I hit F5 just after the score screen comes up, I did like this one a lot:
2uiufe8.png

commissar

Pandemic said:
Omggg, I love this game, very enjoyable and addictive.

I recently unlocked the Wrangler, pretty good.
One day you will receive a hat. You'll like it. But it is only one hat for one class you find yourself thinking.

And the desire for more hats will consume you.

Welcome :)

Played for few hours today, loved it :D
Got some items, achievements etc.
One guy was like "whats wrong team, I'm only one killing blabla", then I got in front of him in kills, and later when teams scrambled he was like "now you're gonna lose", and after i killed him he left :p
Was in arena, 2v2/2v3

Yeef said:
So, I wonder if Valve will at least announce in the next 7 days that the Polycount pack has been delayed.

They must have the Polycount post ready to go next and are hesitant to announce any delay or interrupt their planned update schedule, otherwise they've gone three weeks with "Highlander coming lol" for no reason.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Javas, Javas everywhere.

rac said:
Yeah the weirdest bug is when that red soldier backstabbed you.

OMG WE CAN DO THAT?

Twig said:
I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT THAT DAMN KNIFE DOES ARGH

Isn't the Polycount stuff just cosmetic? The knife will backstab.

Boonoo

Borgnine said:
Isn't the Polycount stuff just cosmetic? The knife will backstab.

Nope; they're planning on making all items unique just like the class updates (rather than the minor changes involved in standard community weapons).

rac

Banned
Twig said:
No.

Also, remember that they wanted to get trading out with the Polycount update. So... who fucking knows.
I really need trading, so I can trade my gibus for a drill hat (please let me trade the gibus valve).

Borgnine said:
OMG WE CAN DO THAT?

Yeah you just have to choose spy disguise as a friendly soldier and dead ringer. You lose the ability to shoot rockets though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig said:
I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT THAT DAMN KNIFE DOES ARGH
I think the Knife will still backstab, but most likely will adjust your stats.

Maybe move faster but have less HP, allowing you to pose as a scout more effectively :lol

Borgnine

Here's where I'm confused. The contest rules say:

This is a visual change to the TF2 weapons only. Designing new gameplay & mechanics for your weapons is unnecessary.

So the Polycount people are just designing the way they look and Valve is going to add the gameplay changes?

Twig

Banned
Borgnine said:
Here's where I'm confused. The contest rules say:

So the Polycount people are just designing the way they look and Valve is going to add the gameplay changes?
Yep. Valve is doing it.

Borgnine

Ohhhhhhhhhh ok, I'm all up to speed now. Here's hoping the Soldier Tank Buster one shots fat bald bastards. I don't know about that leather softcap though. Kind of, um... you know.

Twig

Banned
Borgnine said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh ok, I'm all up to speed now. Here's hoping the Soldier Tank Buster one shots fat bald bastards. I don't know about that leather softcap though. Kind of, um... you know.
HOT?!

Also where's that list of all custom maps on the server! It would go mighty fine below this:

GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2

28tdtld.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom