• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

esc said:
Technically the best secondary weapon is the stickybomb launcher. I'm more fond of the pistol than the shotgun myself.
For crafting purposes, sticky is considered a primary weapon. So, really, it exists in a world between weapon slots. A world where it is both primary and secondary and, at the same time, neither. A place I like to call the The Twilight Zone.

*music*

Sticky Jumper is the funnest "secondary" though. I really wish Jumpers didn't have any more cons to 0% damage though. The SJ at least becomes such a good secondary if you're decent with pipes. I sometimes go on rampages with LnL/SJ/Caber.

Blizzard

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
Sticky Jumper is the funnest "secondary" though. I really wish Jumpers didn't have any more cons to 0% damage though. The SJ at least becomes such a good secondary if you're decent with pipes. I sometimes go on rampages with LnL/SJ/Caber.
Sticky jumper is great fun even with the crazy extra damage you take. I discovered that doing ridiculous jumps to destroy teleporters or get to the front lines quickly makes some maps more fun. The caber may not be as powerful as it used to be either. But doing a ridiculous jump and exploding some innocent person who thought they were safe, in one hit, makes it all worthwhile.

Also, there is or was a side effect/glitch where if you have the sticky jumper in your loadout, your pipe bombs don't hurt you at all. Doesn't help much but it's kind of neat.

DarkKyo

IsBgl.jpg

"Metallic Mandible"

Basic metal colors down but I still have to give it more grit/scuffs...

So I mentioned earlier that I can basically sacrifice using my earbuds as earbuds and instead of them (or the right earpiece) as a mic. Kind of tempted to do this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Obsessed said:
So I mentioned earlier that I can basically sacrifice using my earbuds as earbuds and instead of them (or the right earpiece) as a mic. Kind of tempted to do this.
Buy a $8 clip on mic or a $15 refurbed Logitech USB mic.
Don't do this to yourself.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow at that last round of goldrush.

ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME, Artisthacker88, and Dougie gave you guys a hard time. I thought I set the option to take screenshots of the score... :(

Kuro Madoushi said:
Wow at that last round of goldrush.

ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME, Artisthacker88, and Dougie gave you guys a hard time. I thought I set the option to take screenshots of the score... :(

I played some soldier, sniper, engineer and pyro last night...
just to remind myself that demo is the only good class in the game

Yasae

Banned
wartime1020 said:
I played some soldier, sniper, engineer and pyro last night...
just to remind myself that demo is the only good class in the game
Because they never directly face off against anyone. I don't see any pro pyros around.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't think I've ever gotten a hat drop. I got the ghastly one from dominating someone who was wearing it, and I have Ellis's cap but I don't remember how I got it.

Yeef

Yasae said:
TF2 needs a Chinner Hat.
92px-Mildly_Disturbing_Halloween_Mask_Pyro_RED.png

Grinchy said:
I don't think I've ever gotten a hat drop. I got the ghastly one from dominating someone who was wearing it, and I have Ellis's cap but I don't remember how I got it.
You get the Ellis Cap and the Frying Pan for owning Left4Dead 2.

New update:

Added a new command line option: -strictportbind
  • If you launch the game with this option it will quit with an error message if it can't bind to the default or specified port
Fixed a server crash caused by the replay system
Fixed a server crash caused by disguising spies
Fixed a server crash on startup caused by writing to the console
Fixed a server crash triggered during entity cleanup

Nothing too interesting, publicly anyway.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Grinchy said:
I've gotten a grand total of two actual hat drops in my life, both for Engineer. Slim Dome Shine or whatever, and the Engineer's Cap. The other two things I have, the Safe 'n Sound and the Teddy Bear were both gifts from my brother.

Yeef

The_Technomancer said:
I've gotten a grand total of two actual hat drops in my life, both for Engineer. Slim Dome Shine or whatever, and the Engineer's Cap. The other two things I have, the Safe 'n Sound and the Teddy Bear were both gifts from my brother.
You know it'd be a shame if you were to accidentally get banned from the GAF server. Mighty big shame.

On an unrelated topic, you should consider giving me that bear. It'd do you good to be so charitable. ;(

Oh hey, beta just updated too. I had half-debated about deleting that today, and just downloading it again when they updated it.

I guess it's this? It's dated two days ago for some reason.

Gameplay:

Pyro:
The Detonator:
Flares now detonate on impact with the world, but with a greatly reduced radius (manually detonated radius unchanged)
Replaced +20% increased blast damage with +20% increased self blast damage

Medic:
The Quick-Fix:
Lowered heal and charge rates to 40% (from 50%)
New sounds

General:

Main Menu changes:
  • Added a "Start Playing" option which presents users with various game modes to choose from. Once selected, the game matches the player into the best available server for that mode.
    • Payload
    • King of the Hill
    • Attack / Defense
    • Payload Race
    • Control Points
    • Capture the Flag
    • Quick Play (finds best server based on ping, number of players, etc)
  • Crafting interface reworked
  • Item load-out interface reworked
Training:
  • New training user interface
  • Added "A,W,S,D" movement instruction to Soldier training
  • Added ammo instruction to Engineer training
  • Clarified many instructional strings
Voting:
  • New sounds

New loading and background image. It's a black-and-white shot of 2Fort. And it squishes horizontally for 4:3.

The main menu's slightly different too. More modular-looking. Not a big fan so far, but it's not that different.

The loadout looks the same at first, but when you go to pick an item, it uses the rectagular tiles more like the crafting interface, than the detailed list before.

Yeef

Backgrounds are black & white pictures from maps now instead of the illustrations.

CB04ADEF435EFD7A58021F02A02463505BE35411

Matchmaking screens:

A5DA12301B9D9CFF57B2472CABA3092F4B965B32

7D98762C7800C473AB6726D2E4BEAC8C1C4CED7B

D9570BE0B7A1C09851446704845CD6E60540A725

28C6B97F9B0D744E8623EB8C7935CED039FB2D3D

5347E2DB8E350ED2F2705AA14211442A3EA3787A

9DD1F81B5D18A0EC9E2AF7C0D36C06578F408907

6FC003F8F28E3E7557FE9832E0E2E2B8A336FDA3

New Crafting Screen (not currently working):

0BB9DAC37640593B94901694C7AB82B2A26A2EC1

A372618B4CEBA949CF996DB40891C04756599507

C4125B98F3F8CDE7F89A0BCCC12EA55ADBC2660B

534B13FE251A86A4729848ACCFB0E90439B1106B

corn_fest

I wonder how they're going to designate which servers are "best" to put people in from the Start Playing menu. Hopefully they blacklist all the donator-benefits servers :D

Yeef

Apparently I crafted away my detonator. I forgot about that. Last time I played the beta I just crafted everything I could together since they said they'd be resetting the backpacks anyway. It looks like the never did...

Looks like they also changed the loadout screens a bit.

4FD26F5217DDFEBF2E5497D0D5DBA28384BF8F65

corn_fest

Note that there is no Arena or Medieval in the Start Playing thing. I'm guessing they just haven't finished the pictures and descriptions for those yet.
Edit: and what about Territorial Control? Poor Hydro :(

There's a new Medic Syringe gun. It's pretty worthless in combat, but with gained Ubercharge, it buffs your movement speed up to an additional 10%.

corn_fest said:
I wonder how they're going to designate which servers are "best" to put people in from the Start Playing menu. Hopefully they blacklist all the donator-benefits servers :D

They did say some time ago they were rating servers based on how long people stayed, if people blacklisted them, etc. Maybe they're using that information.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Obsessed said:
Just so I know what to do when the GAF server isnt active, what servers would you guys recommend?
I've had really good experiences on the Critical Failure server/s, you can probably find the address on their Steam group page.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I like the little pictures, though this is probably the only time I'll ever see them. Also FUCK OFF TF2 ADVANCED OPTIONS POP UP I've been there a million times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom