• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoz

ok, so I nominated swiftwater, it won somehow, and it crashes tf2.
I am a bad person and I feel bad. :( :( :(
I'll never get a chance to play swiftwater will I :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
More like CRASHWATER!

Seriously, I wasn't even playing well. I was more focused on the hockey game than bothering to snipe you yahoos.

esc/Dougie - What were you saying?????????

Forkball, stay behind the person you're healing, jump around, try to zig zag, and if you MUST cross a sniper dot, try to jump and use your mouse to look down. It's much harder for me to snipe when people do that, and I always do what I just told you to avoid them.

Granted, everything I told you goes out the window for srs bsns snipers (dbz #ss is probably just as good as an aimbot), but it'll give you a fighting chance.

When I joined on Hoodoo, I fully expected the team to lose. We were all pushed back and spies were doing a pretty good job.

Then when we were attacking and had 4 snipers, I also expected to lose...

RED, I AM DISAPPOINT, SONS!

Yeef

Must be some kind of glitch related to number of players and/or an update. I can load up swiftwater fine when the server is empty and it loads with no issue. Anyway, I'll move it from the nomination list for now.

DogWelder

Kuro Madoushi said:
More like CRASHWATER!

Seriously, I wasn't even playing well. I was more focused on the hockey game than bothering to snipe you yahoos.

esc/Dougie - What were you saying?????????

Forkball, stay behind the person you're healing, jump around, try to zig zag, and if you MUST cross a sniper dot, try to jump and use your mouse to look down. It's much harder for me to snipe when people do that, and I always do what I just told you to avoid them.

Granted, everything I told you goes out the window for srs bsns snipers (dbz #ss is probably just as good as an aimbot), but it'll give you a fighting chance.

When I joined on Hoodoo, I fully expected the team to lose. We were all pushed back and spies were doing a pretty good job.

Then when we were attacking and had 4 snipers, I also expected to lose...

RED, I AM DISAPPOINT, SONS!
I was complimenting you on your superlative sniper skills.

Yeef

So Google told me that a lot of other servers were having issues with swiftwater crashing as well. It also told me that we were running the old, old version of the map and there have been like 5 or 6 updates. The latest (which was released about 2 months ago) seems to solve all crashing problems for the other servers. SO I removed the old one and put the new one up. You can download it here or just wait for the server to push it to you.

I also decreased the win percentage for runoffs from 50% to 35%.

There was a plugin that I saw on some other server where it'd show the game type in the map vote panel (see below), but my Google-fu is weak and I can't find it.

4. pl_badwater (Payload)
5. plr_hightower (Payload Race
6. pl_cashworks_rc2 (Custom Payload)
7. cp_fastlane (Push CP)
8. koth_brickyard_v3 (Custom King of the Hill)
9. cp_gorge (Attack/Defend CP)

If I can find the plugin I'd love to add that to the server.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

DarkKyo

Forkball said:
It's Thursday again.
9zuiB.jpg

Ketch

(._.) said:
http://kotaku.com/5812542/how-do-you-stop-a-team-fortress-2-addic t-from-playing

all those hardcore hat collectors are usually children I have noticed. I have went on a couple trade servers before and it was always tons of kids on the mic. Glad I never got too deep into it and left when I did.

I love the comments on that story. People arguing on the internet is classic. Also, shit would not fly in my house. I think one of the worst things my parents ever did (for my psychological development) was allowing me to have a computer with the internet hooked up in my bedroom.

Also Also, yes most of the people in the TF2 trading scene are children. I ran into that first hand when trying to trade my bill's hat for mac ear buds.

(._.)

Banned
EasyTGT said:
I love the comments on that story. People arguing on the internet is classic. Also, shit would not fly in my house. I think one of the worst things my parents ever did (for my psychological development) was allowing me to have a computer with the internet hooked up in my bedroom.

Also Also, yes most of the people in the TF2 trading scene are children. I ran into that first hand when trying to trade my bill's hat for mac ear buds.
It is impossible to go to tf2i and set up a fair trade without a ton of hassle.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been trying to get another huntsman so I could make a sydney sleeper for a couple weeks now. I just logged in, and it tells me I have new items. A mann co crate and a sydney sleeper were waiting for me :)

What's the deal with the GAF server reporting 23/24, and then kicking you with the "Server is Full" message when you try to join? You can't let the game automatically watch for an open slot any more.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
RocketDarkness said:
What's the deal with the GAF server reporting 23/24, and then kicking you with the "Server is Full" message when you try to join? You can't let the game automatically watch for an open slot any more.
yeah me too

Clydefrog

RocketDarkness said:

I think it's the replay "player" taking up a spot. ?

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
I think it's the replay "player" taking up a spot. ?
Replay is supposed to be hidden to the server browser. I have sv_maxvisibleplayers set to 24, so it shoudl work (and it HAS been working until tonight). Don't know what's up, but it's really annoying.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
Replay is supposed to be hidden to the server browser. I have sv_maxvisibleplayers set to 24, so it shoudl work (and it HAS been working until tonight). Don't know what's up, but it's really annoying.
kicked from your own server and couldn't rejoin, eh?

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
kicked from your own server and couldn't rejoin, eh?
Nope. I quit of my own accord. I could easily do something silly like kicking some random person (named Kuro) or setting up reserved slots if I ever wanted to get on, but that's just stupid.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
Nope. I quit of my own accord. I could easily do something silly like kicking some random person (named Kuro) or setting up reserved slots if I ever wanted to get on, but that's just stupid.
D:
Twas LOLuongo :'(

Yeef

Forkball said:
Jarate is the best secondary in the game. Except when you jarate the entire enemy team and your guys don't do squat.
The best part about jarate is reflecting it and having the sniper not realize in time what just happened, so he rushes you with his knife. Especially since everyone uses the bushwacka these days. Enjoy taking your extra 60% damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom