• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogWelder

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yup, around 9pm whenever someone feels like jumping on and spamming announcements.

Goddamn you and your teleportin abilities, Dougie...Never have I had some much difficulty finishing off a cornered demo as a scout.
Look at my beautiful ping in that screenshot above. Teleport my ass! I was just strafing like a boss.

I just tried a handful of the maps from the contest... A lot of them are blaaaaah. Sekhmet & Zig stood out and look like they could be fun. Still have a few more to look at, but meh.

I enabled fast weapon switching since I will probably never master hitting the numbered keys. My only problem now is forgetting the order of the damn weapons and accidentally choosing the wrong one in certain situations.

You'd think after 100 hours of playing that I would have already memorized this shit.

Yeef

EasyTGT said:
Man look at the guy Ketch's score... 6 dominations! SIX! Wow, that's impressive. Way better then that loser Dog Chasing Cars. Pfff What a loser that guy is, he only has 80 points and no dominations.
That's not true. He only has 78 points!

ArtistDude88 said:
I just tried a handful of the maps from the contest... A lot of them are blaaaaah. Sekhmet & Zig stood out and look like they could be fun. Still have a few more to look at, but meh.
I ran through a bunch of them and liked a few, but a few others stood out as not very good. Frozen Assets seemed particularly bad.

Ketch

Blizzard said:
o_o;

Things are very polite and friendly on the GAF server lately, I take it?

Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.... but it seems he doesn't even read the forum... which turns my verbal jabs into the ranting of a lonely man.

Blizzard

Banned
EasyTGT said:
Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.... but it seems he doesn't even read the forum... which turns my verbal jabs into the ranting of a lonely man.
I've heard Ketch is a lonely man!

Javaman

yay! got a high score!

2jb9z44.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I cannot believe I got sucked into the hat game, but I would like to outfit my sniper and I only have scout/pyro hats. I have the flipped trilby. If anyone would like to make some fair trades for sniper items, please let me know.

Edit: pyro hat gone, scout hat still available. One of my new snpier hats will always say "made by weenerz" lmao. I wouldn't want it any other way!

Just got this game on June 5th and it is very fun, despite the whole being 4 years behind everyone else playing bit.

I look forward to playing with you guys in the future.

Grinchy

Banned
gotee12 said:
You really gotta commend TF2GAF for being so friendly to noobs. I'm definitely not a regular on the server but when I jump on, there's always a feeling of acceptance regardless of my skill level.
cuz I suck and make for an easy target, lol
Yeah, I'm really glad that although the majority of the people on the server seem to be really good, they don't mind that I totally suck :lol

Thoraxes

Yeef said:
Yes. The last map was insanely awesome. I forgot how much fun the game can be when the team are well-balanced.
These comments make me very glad I nominated it 3 times till it finally got passed.

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Eh, if you saw it from my angle, I'm sure you'd say different. I don't usually see others retreat properly.

Unless we're all going to LAN or have 10 ping, you're going to always swear you hit something when you didn't.

Sniping is the worse. Even the difference between 10 and 30 ping is huge. I can track and move with my dot instead of waiting for people to come to it.
Yes, the game is perfect and does not have bias. I mean would it really be lag? If you're criss-crossing that would intersect with a flame tail.

It's just annoying when the game doesn't give you something it wants you to think you're getting. Just give it to me and I'll never ask for another trash crit again
yeah right

Well, I've had a blast playing with you all the past few months. (I go by Nate on the server...)

Been playing this game since it came out...can't believe that was about four years ago. Took a break for about two years, then picked it back up again. Too addicting, though. I've got a lot of stuff going on in life right now, but I think I'm spending too much time playing TF2.

Anyway, need to break the habit a bit! I'll not be playing for about a month or so. I'll see you all around after that month or so, though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SenseiJinx said:
Well, I've had a blast playing with you all the past few months. (I go by Nate on the server...)

Been playing this game since it came out...can't believe that was about four years ago. Took a break for about two years, then picked it back up again. Too addicting, though. I've got a lot of stuff going on in life right now, but I think I'm spending too much time playing TF2.

Anyway, need to break the habit a bit! I'll not be playing for about a month or so. I'll see you all around after that month or so, though.

Some personal advice is to lay off TF2 and focus on the stuff that needs focusing on. I was out of a job and played TF2...let's say a LOT. It prevented me from doing things that needed getting done. Then I got a shitty job, which didn't help. Took a six month break, focused on the job hunt, got a better paying (though still far from perfect) job.

All that time I plopped into TF2...almost 2000 hours now. If I had even spent 100 hours of that studying something or focusing on another certificate or networking to get a job or whatever could've gone a long way to making a year of unemployment much shorter.

Yasae, you are a bitter bitter vegetable. I think you're overestimating the spray and pray of pyros. Lag does strange things like make players 100% certain they shot someone when they didn't (case in point is Dougie and his haxoring demo strafes). Other times, I do get set on fire, but I've backed up enough and don't use the shitslauger, so I generally have enough personal heal rate to make it to a health pack.

Java...Christ, old man! 200 points?! I guess that's what happens when I'm not there to bodyshotta you!

Oreoleo

Javaman said:
yay! got a high score!

http://i56.tinypic.com/2jb9z44.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hahah, that looks about right. I set my all-time medic record of most ubers and longest life on Warpath many many moons ago. Map is stalemate central but I still remember it fondly :)

DogWelder

A big 'fuck you' to the team stackers, you know who you are. Stop being a baby and play with the team you get put on. Props to wartime for switching when the teams are unbalanced (even though sometimes its unnecessary).

Yeef

esc said:
A big 'fuck you' to the team stackers, you know who you are. Stop being a baby and play with the team you get put on. Props to wartime for switching when the teams are unbalanced (even though sometimes its unnecessary).
Server's supposed to auto-scramble at the start of the round. Somehow when I updated the plugin it broke it and I haven't have the chance to fix it. I'll probably do that tomorrow (as well as adding the new map chooser and hopefully finding a working version of warpath).

DogWelder

Oh, I didn't hear that, I thought you said you upgraded it or removed it or something 'cause people were complaining. Which is strange 'cause it works pretty well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
esc said:
In my defense I was watching Daigo play MvC3 while attacking

I hate when people passive aggresively bitch about team balance (I am not referring to you esc) and make comments like "oh boy, this is gonna be fun."

Seriously, stop bitching and politely request a few people to switch teams if it bothers you that much. Bitching about it doesn't make it fun for anyone else.

Yeef

Obsessed said:
I hate when people passive aggresively bitch about team balance (I am not referring to you esc) and make comments like "oh boy, this is gonna be fun."

Seriously, stop bitching and politely request a few people to switch teams if it bothers you that much. Bitching about it doesn't make it fun for anyone else.
That's just Borsalino. You'll get used to him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Obsessed said:

Nono you don't understand. These aren't normal stacks, these are Javastax.

Javaman

Yeef said:
Javaman's so called 'Warpath' was nothing but a sham! Heretic! Heretic!

Bah. There's got to be a version that works.

Hazaro said:
Nono you don't understand. These aren't normal stacks, these are Javastax.

I usually switch to the loosing team. A challenge is much more fun.

Orellio said:
Hahah, that looks about right. I set my all-time medic record of most ubers and longest life on Warpath many many moons ago. Map is stalemate central but I still remember it fondly :)

It's like a fun version of hightower. It takes a heroic push to finally end it. It's almost like a different way of playing, epic battle.

Had a few games yesterday, and Javaman basically kept me alive. Never felt so wanted and loved in a game before.

"Where are you Chris Kenobi?"

Gets zapped with uber beam.

"CHARGE CHRIS KENOBI!"

Well, I knew it was coming... My monitor finally kicked the bucket. Borrowing one from a relative until I find an awesome (yet cheap) one to replace. Don't know if I'll be in TF2 next few nights :(

Yeef

I added a new version of warpath, warpath2 to the server. It's slightly different than the other one (prettier) but is 90% identical as far as gameplay is concerned (they got rid of the roof on the bridge, and changed some ammo and health pickups to different sizes). Tested it on the server and it ran fine.

ArtistDude88 said:
Well, I knew it was coming... My monitor finally kicked the bucket. Borrowing one from a relative until I find an awesome (yet cheap) one to replace. Don't know if I'll be in TF2 next few nights :(
Perfect time to release Meet the Medic and a big update!

Goon Boon

Banned
I'm predicting it, TF2 will go free to play to coincide with the steam free to play promotions, the registry for a free to play tf2, and Meet the medic.

Also I need refines. Lots and Lots of refines.

If TF2 does go free, I'm predicting a ton of new accounts being opened, and TF2 becoming the most played on the Steam Stats page because of idlers. Lololol

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
ArtistDude88 said:
If TF2 does go free, I'm predicting a ton of new accounts being opened, and TF2 becoming the most played on the Steam Stats page because of idlers. Lololol

I'd love it if the F2P restriction was that trading wasn't allowed unless you have a retail copy or buy from the Mann Co. store. It'd really choke the idlers but only cost about $0.50 to get around for legit newcomers.

I'd really love it if they gave everyone with a retail copy store credit in the amount they paid for the game, but only because then I could get a Teddy Roosebelt with a clear conscience. (Said as if I didn't buy 4 keys and a Familiar Fez last night... by the way, anyone want white/slate paint?)

yeoz

ArtistDude88 said:
I assume f2p idlers would be severly limited in drops or restricted from trading those drops. Otherwise, I'm going to get like a thousand accounts to idle on :x

Baha

Free to play would go against their whole "drop cap limit" stance since ppl could start smurfing accounts (at no extra cost) for extra drops not to mention that cheaters would be able to keep creating new accounts after getting banned for free. A free weekend to coincide with a sale or Meet the Medic makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom