• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Would it be possible to permaban a person who cheated with the free version? I don't know how to do anything about the drops, though.

Goon Boon

Banned
Grinchy said:
Would it be possible to permaban a person who cheated with the free version? I don't know how to do anything about the drops, though.
Easiest way would be you get tf2 free, if you own any game over $5 in cost. That way you weed out hat idlers enough that legitimate players get to play for free, and keeping a barricade between some hat idler and forty thousand tf2 accounts idling at once.

Ceebs

If it goes F2P I would expect the drop system removed for free players and the new items being only purchasable or maybe add in some new milestones to earn them (along with locking the achievements serverside like the Spiral Knights one) I also expect a "Double drop week" item in the store much like the double EXP stuff in all those F2PMMOs.

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Yasae, you are a bitter bitter vegetable. I think you're overestimating the spray and pray of pyros. Lag does strange things like make players 100% certain they shot someone when they didn't (case in point is Dougie and his haxoring demo strafes). Other times, I do get set on fire, but I've backed up enough and don't use the shitslauger, so I generally have enough personal heal rate to make it to a health pack.
So sayeth Kuro "Barn and Noble" Madoushi.

keeheehee

For some reason my mic works in Skype, but doesn't do crap in TF2.

Edit: Come on now. Limited drops, and trading. Probably more expensive recipes.

Edit: I think I got it.

NukeDukem

Banned
I havent played tf2 since the polycount update because of the huge influx of shitty players and the focus on items and hats instead of gameplay. With the class updates the game was playable and balanced for a while, but Valve just decided to throw up their hands and say "fuck it, give em more hats." If they bring back a vanilla mode that reverts it back to how it was jsut after release, i would start playing again.

DarkKyo

NukeDukem said:
I havent played tf2 since the polycount update because of the huge influx of shitty players and the focus on items and hats instead of gameplay. With the class updates the game was playable and balanced for a while, but Valve just decided to throw up their hands and say "fuck it, give em more hats." If they bring back a vanilla mode that reverts it back to how it was jsut after release, i would start playing again.
Cool story Nuke.

Clydefrog

NukeDukem said:

Hats altered the gameplay?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
NukeDukem said:

You're no Astrolad.

Borgnine

Clydefrog said:

When you see a Sober Stuntman + Dangeresque Too demo, you run. You fucking run and you don't stop running until you get to spawn, and then you hide in the resupply closet.

DogWelder

Whatever, old man. The game is better than it has ever been. Try playing the game when the item server goes down and you have to use vanilla weapons. It's not as fun. The variety of the weapons means you have to learn how to adjust your playstyle regularly. I guess that's too hard for players with no skill.

Edit: Directed at that guy a few posts above, not you Borg. Too lazy to quote.

Oreoleo

Borgnine said:
When you see a Sober Stuntman + Dangeresque Too demo, you run. You fucking run and you don't stop running until you get to spawn, and then you hide in the resupply closet.

Unless it's just Speculawyer ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
For some reason my mic works in Skype, but doesn't do crap in TF2.

Edit: Come on now. Limited drops, and trading. Probably more expensive recipes.

Edit: I think I got it.
Tried mic test in options?

I've seen it happen before and you just gotta fiddle with the configs a bit.

Thoraxes

Alright, I made a video of me from 2 nights ago (on GAF server) of when I got like 10 sword kills in one life defending the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g6Mmk5YLRA

Beheading you all has never been more fun!

I think my favorite part about that video is when i'm the only one left standing in a pile of 8 dead Red bodies on the point.

Clydefrog said:

200px-Sniper_with_croc.png

DogWelder

Thoraxes said:
Alright, I made a video of me from 2 nights ago (on GAF server) of when I got like 10 sword kills in one life defending the point.

I think my favorite part about that video is when i'm the only one left standing in a pile of 8 dead Red bodies on the point.
This is the worst quality TF2 replay video I have ever seen. What's with the heavy spitting bullets at the beginning? Are you playing TF2 on a calculator?

Oreoleo

Obsessed said:
Can someone explain? How does that effect gameplay?
The hat by itself actually doesn't. But the Polycount update included new "sets" of items (including hats and weapons) when all used in conjunction provides the player with certain bonuses. In the Sniper's case he can't get headshotted.

Here ya go:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann-Conomy_Update#Class_Sets

The Polycount sets are the only exception to the rule that Clydefrog mentioned (I think).

Javaman

Borgnine said:

Haahaaha, so true

DogWelder

Thoraxes said:

Oh, that was you? Good job, man. It was pretty cool seeing the kills rack up.

Borgnine

Awful video, go back and read my bitching when the replay update came out for protips. Also I think you chopped me last night :( But I beat you in a duel!

Yasae

Banned
esc said:
Whatever, old man. The game is better than it has ever been. Try playing the game when the item server goes down and you have to use vanilla weapons. It's not as fun. The variety of the weapons means you have to learn how to adjust your playstyle regularly. I guess that's too hard for players with no skill.

Edit: Directed at that guy a few posts above, not you Borg. Too lazy to quote.
The item chat has calmed somewhat, but there's still too much of it. This is exactly how I burned out on PSO after 1500 hours playing. You kill things, then what? More items. Then you kill things. Then you get more items. There's no human dynamic to keep it interesting.

DogWelder

Yasae said:
The item chat has calmed somewhat, but there's still too much of it. This is exactly how I burned out on PSO after 1500 hours playing. You kill things, then what? More items. Then you kill things. Then you get more items. There's no human dynamic to keep it interesting.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
I could say the same thing about a lot of other games :p

Yasae

Banned
esc said:
I don't think he was serious. I can't fathom how someone could complain about a game being stale after playing for 1500 hours.
You've never played PSO. If you had, I wouldn't have to explain anything.

But I won't anyway cause I'm old and tired. Get me a beer, would ya? *taps with cane*

Bluth54

Yeah I'm looking forward to trying the new minigun.

Also really looking forward to Barnblitz, Payload is my favorite gametype and I always love seeing more Valve made payload maps.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
They changed some of the site layout as well. Added class pages. Finally admit the Demoman isn't a defensive class. Meet the Medic is "coming sooner rather than later", Meet the Pyro is "coming eventually".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom