• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Just unboxed a professor's pecularity. So now I'm willing to trade my safe n' sounds for a medic or scout hat... or metal.

EasyTGT said:
Just unboxed a professor's pecularity. So now I'm willing to trade my safe n' sounds for a medic or scout hat... or metal.
I got an unused medic hat (Geisha Boy), if you are interested.

Edit: You can use a steam achievement program if you don't like the game. You get your hat and be done with it.

yeoz

Sgt.Pepper said:
Edit: You can use a steam achievement program if you don't like the game. You get your hat and be done with it.
details please!

edit: SteamAchievementManager's blog says:
» Now handles serverside (secure) achievements and prevents you from managing them. (Spiral Knights)
» (Yes, this means you can’t cheat those hats, good god the amount of crap in my inbox from people whining about this.)
which seems to imply that this is not possible.

Forkball

Video of a flying dove in a map.

protecting_the_patient_by_rainbowsnake-d3h1ui2.jpg

SOON.

(pic is not from Meet the Medic)

Yasae

Banned
Kulock said:
They didn't used to be. The Pyro used to be the ultimate close-range danger. It didn't have the gimmicks to get in close like the Spy, because if they got in close, they were going to wreck your face. And there was no Jarate, no Mad Milk, no Backup, no Concheror, no Amputator taunt, even when airblasts were added, they didn't extinguish until the Sniper update.

Then I guess someone on the dev team decided making W+M1 Sword Demos would fill that niche, and they rebalanced Pyros to require you be a god with airblasts. Which I liked when they were a gimmick people rarely used, it was fun to mess with, but now every Pyro I run into is some perfect pro at it. Direct Hit, close range, tricky firing pattern, it doesn't matter.
Here's what I don't like. I fire a rocket to the left of a pyro's feet and he airblasts it DIRECTLY AT ME. That's impossible without the wonders of lag (which you can't defend against in this case.)

As a pyro I still get hurt by charges that I reflect, i.e. they're my team color and still do around half damage to me 100% of the time. Who programmed this stupid shit in? If I get a reflect - because despite my previous paragraph, most projectiles don't seem lag compensated - that shit shouldn't touch me.

And they got rid of that flaregun hitbox. Now I can see flares going through people left and right since it's so tiny, but when I hit the air above their shoulders the damage dings away.

With the flaregun change Valve has definitely nerfed this class too much. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MUTHAFUCKIN NERFS TO THE MUTHAFUCKIN PYRO!

Edit: Also the flame damage is borked beyond belief. Both situations being equal: sometimes you kill a man with half a second of flame, others you barely touch him with 5 or more seconds of full-on blasting. Kuro lags this well because he sure as shit isn't dodging a wall of fire. Sometimes you'll get tremendous reach with flames you had never anticipated, other times you can't touch what's right in front of you.

I'd love to chock it all up to lag, but I haven't experienced this with any other classes so often.

Yasae

Banned
Yeef said:
I don't think so. I think it was some other medic.

I've been getting some weird, but hilarious glitch with some weapon models not showing up correctly while watching replays. It's hilarious with the huntsman because it's all mangled and the sniper just throws the arrows instead of firing them.

YXA1R.jpg
Ha! You should've just tried throwing that crumpled mess at people.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
Here's what I don't like. I fire a rocket to the left of a pyro's feet and he airblasts it DIRECTLY AT ME. That's impossible without the wonders of lag (which you can't defend against in this case.)

As a pyro I still get hurt by charges that I reflect, i.e. they're my team color and still do around half damage to me 100% of the time. Who programmed this stupid shit in? If I get a reflect - because despite my previous paragraph, most projectiles don't seem lag compensated - that shit shouldn't touch me.

And they got rid of that flaregun hitbox. Now I can see flares going through people left and right since it's so tiny, but when I hit the air above their shoulders the damage dings away.

With the flaregun change Valve has definitely nerfed this class too much. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MUTHAFUCKIN NERFS TO THE MUTHAFUCKIN PYRO!

Edit: Also the flame damage is borked beyond belief. Both situations being equal: sometimes you kill a man with half a second of flame, others you barely touch him with 5 or more seconds of full-on blasting. Kuro lags this well because he sure as shit isn't dodging a wall of fire. Sometimes you'll get tremendous reach with flames you had never anticipated, other times you can't touch what's right in front of you.

I'd love to chock it all up to lag, but I haven't experienced this with any other classes so often.
You make it sound like I lag on purpose. I'm simply not stupid and back away conservatively. I'm also used to dodging a lot since med is my main and I often heal yahoos who don't protect medics.

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
You make it sound like I lag on purpose. I'm simply not stupid and back away conservatively. I'm also used to dodging a lot since med is my main and I often heal yahoos who don't protect medics.
Nobody lags on purpose. Does anyone get facestabs and huntsman headshots on purpose? (Okay, maybe there's a little skill to the latter but not much.)

Maybe you just don't get everything you get. Nobody does. I'm impressed with scout dodging on projectiles or out of range, but not when they're clipping through (not around) flames. The probability of that being completely skill is too low.

Yeef

Made a couple of changes to the server:
  • Enabled all of the maps from the Asymmetrical/Symmertical Contest
  • Gave the replay bot a name. Say hello to NeoGAF JankBot!
  • Updated the scramble plugin. I'm not sure which version we had, but there was an update for it like 5 days ago, so I just went ahead and updated.
I'm also seriously considering swapping out the current map picker for this one, but I won't have time to mess around with that until Monday.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:
Wait
Are you sure that's not just for the upcoming free weekend?
Could be. Free Weekends tend to be titled as such though, and in Billing are under "Auto Grant" rather then "No Cost" (Thats why they show up in your owned applications even if you never download it, but things like Sam and Max Episode 104 and Moon Base Alpha don't)

They also tend to have the values "FreeWeekend=1" and an Expiration Time.

It is a possibility though, I can't deny that.

corn_fest

Drkirby said:
Could be. Free Weekends tend to be titled as such though, and are under "Auto Grant" rather then "No Cost"

They are tend to have the values "FreeWeekend=1" and an Expiration Time.

It is a possibility though.
Hmm, sounds pretty unlikely then. Thanks for the info.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Meet the Medic + Free Weekend? I mean Sniper VS. Spy and Demo vs Soldier had it also.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
The last match in pipeline was easily the best one tonight.
Yes. The last map was insanely awesome. I forgot how much fun the game can be when the team are well-balanced.

I need to learn when to Uber it up. I should also learn to defend myself with the syringe gun. I swear, I line up the cross hair perfectly and it still misses the enemy, even if they are nearly at pointblank range.

Oreoleo

Obsessed said:
I need to learn when to Uber it up. I should also learn to defend myself with the syringe gun. I swear, I line up the cross hair perfectly and it still misses the enemy, even if they are nearly at pointblank range.

You gotta swivel the crosshair back and forth! Cover a wider range of area with needles to make up for lag (Projectiles aren't lag compensated).

And a wasted uber is ALWAYS better than dying without getting it off.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
Nobody lags on purpose. Does anyone get facestabs and huntsman headshots on purpose? (Okay, maybe there's a little skill to the latter but not much.)

Maybe you just don't get everything you get. Nobody does. I'm impressed with scout dodging on projectiles or out of range, but not when they're clipping through (not around) flames. The probability of that being completely skill is too low.
Eh, if you saw it from my angle, I'm sure you'd say different. I don't usually see others retreat properly.

Unless we're all going to LAN or have 10 ping, you're going to always swear you hit something when you didn't.

Sniping is the worse. Even the difference between 10 and 30 ping is huge. I can track and move with my dot instead of waiting for people to come to it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Every night around 9pm EST.

We have a Steam group and send out announcements and stuff to trade, troll, and comment on each other's hats :)

Yup, around 9pm whenever someone feels like jumping on and spamming announcements.

Goddamn you and your teleportin abilities, Dougie...Never have I had some much difficulty finishing off a cornered demo as a scout.

Ketch

Uriah said:

Man look at the guy Ketch's score... 6 dominations! SIX! Wow, that's impressive. Way better then that loser Dog Chasing Cars. Pfff What a loser that guy is, he only has 80 points and no dominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom