• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceebs

The new minigun sounds like it the polar opposite of the brass beast. Better for moving around and flanking rather than standing your ground.

Relative TF2 noob here. How do you claim or gift promo items? What kind of market is there for items? I have all The Witcher 2 and Portal 2 pre-order items and I'm pretty sure the MNC items as well if anyone is interested.

Oreoleo

Sgt.Pepper said:
New knife will be pretty amazing with Dead Ringer.

I was thinking it will be better with Cloak and Dagger since DR can already recharge with metal whereas CnD cannot. I guess it could be a "rich get richer" type of scenario with DR though.

desh

Sir Garbageman said:
Relative TF2 noob here. How do you claim or gift promo items? What kind of market is there for items? I have all The Witcher 2 and Portal 2 pre-order items and I'm pretty sure the MNC items as well if anyone is interested.

you can gift those items, but it devalues the items significantly. Alternatively, you can simply trade them for something you might want, or trade them away for free if you really want to give them away.

XeroSauce

Tomislav:

Silent, speedier rev up is completly worth the downfall. For comparison:

• Minigun: 500-540 DPS CR, 50-300 DPS MR, 50-100 DPS LR
  • Tomislav: 400-432 DPS CR, 40-240 DPS MR, 40-80 DPS LR
(CR = Close Range, MR = Medium Range, LR = Long Range)
This means that the Tomislav will lose to Overhealed Soldiers and Heavies compared to the minigun, but will spin up faster and still do tons of damage against smaller classes.

0.2 REV UP SPEED LOL

The Family Business:

40% clip size could mean 8 or 9 bullets. (8.4 actually) That's worth the damage loss in terms of long-term damage, but not for the "burst" damage the regular shotgun will give you.
inb4 Sandvich beats everything

The Eviction Notice:

GRU and FoS beat this. I think everything beats this.

The Enforcer:

Biggest Change: You can now TWO SHOT 125 HP classes (72 damage per shot vs. 60 damage per shot) at CLOSE RANGE. No more annoying child Scouts ruining your suit. Still up in the air whether or not this affects the DR, if it doesn't, pure-upgrade.

The Big Earner:

30% cloak on kill is a bit more then a Small Ammo Box and a bit less then a Medium Ammo Box. (25% and 50% respectively). I wouldn't count that as great, considering that lowering yourself to 100 HP puts you into 1-shot range by stray Huntsman arrows, 1 Direct Hit, and 0.2 seconds under Minigun fire.

IW: Just find a small ammo pack. The 5% is negligible.
C+D: Stand still.
DR: I suppose it could help considering DR gives you a lot of damage blocking, which shrugs off 25 HP.

Pie Lord

XeroSauce said:
Tomislav:

Silent, speedier rev up is completly worth the downfall. For comparison:

• Minigun: 500-540 DPS CR, 50-300 DPS MR, 50-100 DPS LR
  • Tomislav: 400-432 DPS CR, 40-240 DPS MR, 40-80 DPS LR
(CR = Close Range, MR = Medium Range, LR = Long Range)
This means that the Tomislav will lose to Overhealed Soldiers and Heavies compared to the minigun, but will spin up faster and still do tons of damage against smaller classes.

The Family Business:

40% clip size could mean 8 or 9 bullets. (8.4 actually) That's worth the damage loss in terms of long-term damage, but not for the "burst" damage the regular shotgun will give you.
inb4 Sandvich beats everything

The Eviction Notice:

GRU and FoS beat this. I think everything beats this.

The Enforcer:

Biggest Change: You can now TWO SHOT 125 HP classes (72 damage per shot vs. 60 damage per shot) at CLOSE RANGE. No more annoying child Scouts ruining your suit. Still up in the air whether or not this affects the DR, if it doesn't, pure-upgrade.

The Big Earner:

30% cloak on kill is a bit more then a Small Ammo Box and a bit less then a Medium Ammo Box. (25% and 50% respectively). I wouldn't count that as great, considering that lowering yourself to 100 HP puts you into 1-shot range by stray Huntsman arrows, 1 Direct Hit, and 0.2 seconds under Minigun fire.

IW: Just find a small ammo pack. The 5% is negligible.
C+D: Stand still.
DR: I suppose it could help considering DR gives you a lot of damage blocking, which shrugs off 25 HP.
I wonder if these items will have set bonuses like the polycount items do. Could be a whole new ball game if so.

Thoraxes

esc said:
This is the worst quality TF2 replay video I have ever seen. What's with the heavy spitting bullets at the beginning? Are you playing TF2 on a calculator?
Actually, i'm running the game on max settings, and I set the renderer to Maximum and to 720p.
I have no clue why it's like that.

Either way, just wanted to share :)

dragonlife29 said:
Oh, that was you? Good job, man. It was pretty cool seeing the kills rack up.
Thanks!

ArtistDude88 said:
Nice killing spree, but zzzzzzzzzomg too much free camera-ing :p
I free-camera'd a lot, but i'm still getting used to the movie maker, that's for sure. Thanks :D

Clydefrog said:
Thoraxes is the next Senor Spielbergo.
Haha. I'll quit grad school and become a professional movie direction using my
awful
TF2 in-game movie making/editing skills!

Oreoleo

D0306A549DFE0A435D1A605B5E632E4C5D3E874B

I type nominate and this is what comes up. But by all means Yeef, keep saying the new map nominating system is better.

Proven

Just saw it. I'm back from SC2 for at least the next 7 days. Need to stock up on scrap and Medic tokens. And just for kicks I'm going to wear a different Medic hat each day.

Also, The Big Earner is going to be underlooked. I think it's pretty decent though. Why? Because although you only get 30% cloak, you have to also remember that after a backstab you often pick up the dead man's weapon. This means that instead of 0% or 50% cloak (in cases where you missed the weapon, it flew off a cliff, etc.) after you kill somebody, you get 30% or 80% cloak. This ups your survival in areas with a lack of large or medium ammo packs.

As for the other Heavy weapons, I may end up using one of them in specific situations. The knuckles are made for melee only mode, I think, while the other two are interesting. I just wished one of them, or the full set, upped your movement speed by 10% or so. Make it easier for surprise entrances and sneaky getaways.
balladofwindfishes said:
Here we go!

Rose is considered a weapon for some reason...
It's probably a new accessory. Goes with the set, and probably gives a special taunt that replaces the cigarette/disguise kit taunt. Doesn't mean the sets give stat bonuses though...

Ceebs

Jzero15 said:
So were we supposed to get an update or something?
Thursday!

And for those of us dirty idlers who are looking to take advantage of this free weekend...how do we get our stuff to our actual account?

Yeef

Orellio said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559785734183906917/D0306A549DFE0A435D1A605B5E632E4C5D3E874B/[IMG]

I type nominate and this is what comes up. But by all means Yeef, keep saying the new map nominating system is better.[/QUOTE]It's better. We're slowly transitioning into an arena-only map. Haven't you been paying attention these last few months?

[spoiler]I was actually in the middle of setting it up, didn't realize what time it was, then all of the sudden the server was full, so it's not actually ready yet.[/spoiler]

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the medic'ing tonight, medic people. I am sorry for each time you got killed
by a crit wartime sticky
trying to heal me.

Clydefrog

Blizzard said:
Thanks for the medic'ing tonight, medic people. I am sorry for each time you got killed
by a crit wartime sticky
trying to heal me.

I joined for like 5 minutes, medic'ed, we won the round, and I left. jank avoided!

Bluth54

If this update includes any community maps they should of put it in today's update, and said something along the lines of "We made a couple of map makers an offer they couldn't refuse. The following community maps are going to become made maps".

Bluth54 said:
If this update includes any community maps they should of put it in today's update, and said something along the lines of "We made a couple of map maker's an offer then couldn't refuse. The following community maps are going to become made maps".

But then today's update really would've been, "Look, other people made stuff for us!" Which it's already been a little too often lately. It's nice to see them actually releasing a brand new map they made, as opposed to, "We'll dig in the bin... oh... Frontier it is." (As we make the inevitable march toward Cashworks becoming official.)

Bluth54

Kulock said:
But then today's update really would've been, "Look, other people made stuff for us!" Which it's already been a little too often lately. It's nice to see them actually releasing a brand new map they made, as opposed to, "We'll dig in the bin... oh... Frontier it is." (As we make the inevitable march toward Cashworks becoming official.)
Well both the Heavy and Spy packs were made by other people so I don't really see that as much of a problem. And besides, they could of still included Barnblitz in today's update.

yeoz

Wolf Akela said:
Nope, it doesn't work. Free accounters (at least) can't trade at all.
I think this is new, as I'm
almost
certain it worked before. Maybe a change made in anticipation of tf2 going f2p.

KarmaCow

Thoraxes said:
Apparently those on the HLDS mailing list received e-mails on preparing their servers for the update(s). This is reposted from the Steam forums.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23010676&postcount=60
And a photo provided: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23011882&postcount=98

Not sure if entirely true though, so grain of salt and all.

Frying-Pan
* Can now be equipped on Heavy and Pyro

Crusader's Crossbow
* Will now reload more like the Flaregun
* Added unique projectile
* Now uses Needlegun taunt
* Improved model based on creator's suggestions
* Slight reloading animation tweak

I hope these are true. I keep the Crossbow on for the set bonus but it's just so awful thanks to the reload animation startup. And Heavy with a frying pan would be hilarious.

derFeef

Thoraxes said:
Apparently those on the HLDS mailing list received e-mails on preparing their servers for the update(s). This is reposted from the Steam forums.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23010676&postcount=60
And a photo provided: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23011882&postcount=98

Not sure if entirely true though, so grain of salt and all.
According to this Steam Summer Sale starts on Thursday. WEEEEEE!!!!

edit: Those are weird.
* Hooked up new community contributed voice responses to Engineer
* Added community contributed weapon sounds to most weapons
* Added 5 new community contributed paint colors!

Want to believe. I was just thinking this morning that the Zatoichi should be reduced to 50% health returned, the 100% health recharge was way too much, especially if it was earned for just finishing off an already-injured Scout or something. Maybe an exception for Zatoichi duels, but even then that's full health restored for one hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom