• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Demoman Penis-hat confirmed by GAF?
That's the first thing I saw anyways. I need to get my mind out of the gutter
Traipsing Tuesdays is my guess.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Sgt.Pepper said:
That's weird. I don't see that from the main page?

I think it's because the site's content is pulled from Valve's general news feed, and filtered down to just TF2 content. You'll notice the post numbers for the regular posts aren't sequential. If you manually enter a number you can get almost any news update to show up.

Yeef

HERPES!

262E9FEB15589C60837772F44F0537D5CCB828A9

Forkball

My predictions:

Tuesday: Sniper/Demo, new mode
Wednesday: Soldier/Engy, random weapons (Detonator)
Thursday: Two Medic sets, Meet the Medic, joy

Degroot Keep is so much fun. Just played with two friends, one of whom I told that it was a free week. He seemed to really like the mode. "I definitely need this game." His only exposure to TF2 was the 360 version. We used to goof around in it a bit.

Anyway, this free week brought a lot of new players, so I got a TON of achievements last night and today. Hehe.

Yeef

dragonlife29 said:
Degroot Keep is so much fun. Just played with two friends, one of whom I told that it was a free week. He seemed to really like the mode. "I definitely need this game." His only exposure to TF2 was the 360 version. We used to goof around in it a bit.

Anyway, this free week brought a lot of new players, so I got a TON of achievements last night and today. Hehe.
dragonlife achieved Team Fortress 2: Sawbones, Autopsy Report, Peer Review, Shafted, Counter Espionage, The Man from P.U.N.C.T.U.R.E., Show Trial, Soldier Milestone 3, Spray of Defeat, Trench Warfare, Ain't Got Time to Bleed, Slammy Slayvis Woundya, Demoman Milestone 3, On Her Majesty's Secret Surface, Star of My Own Show.

Yeef said:
dragonlife achieved Team Fortress 2: Sawbones, Autopsy Report, Peer Review, Shafted, Counter Espionage, The Man from P.U.N.C.T.U.R.E., Show Trial, Soldier Milestone 3, Spray of Defeat, Trench Warfare, Ain't Got Time to Bleed, Slammy Slayvis Woundya, Demoman Milestone 3, On Her Majesty's Secret Surface, Star of My Own Show.

Oh my.

'Course I did cheese a couple of achievements too so I'm not one to talk...

Ceebs

Is there anyone here who has an idea how the crafting server works? I am asking because I want to unload all this metal on Thursday hoping to get a low numbered hat (which I can then trade for multiple hats). Was wondering if sitting in TF2 before the update launches and crafting once it goes live before updating my client would pull from the new item pool or just whatever matches my client version.

DarkKyo

Ceebs said:
Is there anyone here who has an idea how the crafting server works? I am asking because I want to unload all this metal on Thursday hoping to get a low numbered hat (which I can then trade for multiple hats). Was wondering if sitting in TF2 before the update launches and crafting once it goes live before updating my client would pull from the new item pool or just whatever matches my client version.
I'm guessing it would do the latter as your game wouldn't even be able to display new hats.

I'd say relax. Just download the update and get to it afterwards(this is what I'm doing). It's not like everyone mass-crafting then is going to get lucky anyways, the numbered hats aren't gonna fly off the shelves or anything.

Edit: IT'S UP! http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5708

Baha

New sniper rifle is a straight up upgrade. Need to see the new demo weapons in action but they sound and look cool.

Clydefrog

Baha said:
New sniper rifle is a straight up upgrade. Need to see the new demo weapons in action but they sound and look cool.

Seriously. Good snipers are going to get better and bad snipers are going to get worse :lol (if they use this gun)

Those demo weapons are wow. What the fuck.

Clydefrog said:
Seriously. Good snipers are going to get better and bad snipers are going to get worse :lol (if they use this gun)
Why? It doesn't say that if you miss a lot your recharge is going to be slower. It says it loses the BONUS. It just a straight upgrade, simple as that.

Clydefrog

Sgt.Pepper said:

Why? It doesn't say that if you miss a lot your recharge is going to be slower. It says it loses the BONUS. It just a straight upgrade, simple as that.

oh i see. sorry, can't view the blog post yet. at work (teehee)

esc said:
What's the downside of the sniper rifle? Slower charge time without bonus?
Nothing, except you lose the bonus missing shots, and probably reduces the bonus 5% with body shots.

It doesn't say the charge will be slower if you miss a lot, just the bonuses. It is a straight upgrade.

Sgt.Pepper said:

this, if you miss it's just a regular sniper, if you do headshots, it's a sniper on steroids

DogWelder

Yeah so RD posted in the other thread that the new sniper starts with -20 charge. So two consecutive headshots needed to get the normal sniper charge rate.

Thoraxes

Oh my goodness.
I'm good with a sniper rifle and can pull off some crazy shots.
This is just going to cement my murderness as a sniper now.

Also, depending on how craftable it is from the start, I may actually buy it, a first for me.

The demo one seems a bit odd, turning a demo into a melee only class. Sword and shield, and shoes would go in the... pipebomb slot or accessory?
That's a first right?

yeoz

Sgt.Pepper said:
Nothing, except you lose the bonus missing shots, and probably reduces the bonus 5% with body shots.

It doesn't say the charge will be slower if you miss a lot, just the bonuses. It is a straight upgrade.
Someone on the SA forums says it starts with -20% charge rate, which they somehow forgot to mention.

The demo stuff looks insane. Can't wait to get the drops.

Grimm Fandango said:
Oh my.

'Course I did cheese a couple of achievements too so I'm not one to talk...
I wouldn't say I cheesed them, just that they were easy to get. I was also playing in that mindset: "Okay, let's play to get this Achievement," etc.

I want more explode-y things for my Demoman. Stop with all the meleeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff please.

Unless it's something like the caber, which is explode-y and melee-y.

Thoraxes said:
I would guess ammo from your fallen victims would work too.
It says the ammo becomes health. So those will be like health pack.

Hope that's true Yeoz, otherwise good snipers will become much more fearsome. Actually thinking about, that would mean that you need 2 headshots to bring it to normal charge, 3 to be faster than the standard rifle,and 5 to be faster than the Sidney Sleeper.

DogWelder

ArtistDude88 said:
I want more explode-y things for my Demoman. Stop with all the meleeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff please.

Unless it's something like the caber, which is explode-y and melee-y.
There's really no way to make new explody stuff that's inferior to the default explody stuff which is why I guess they don't try. Maybe all these melee weapons are to encourage people to stop playing cheat mode demo without nerfing the actual class lol.

DarkKyo

This update is so damn amazing and it's only half-way revealed. I am so excited to see what kinda megatons tomorrow and Thursday hold.

Will Artistdude leave his old and busted Big Kill for the new hotness called Enforcer? Stay tuned!

You can give me that old and busted Big Kill Artist, I will put it to good use. =D

DarkKyo

ArtistDude88 said:
So are these items actually in a set? Or just items to mix and match?

Speaking of Brickyard... I need to work on my map :(
There don't appear to be set bonuses like the original polypacks.. especially since they didn't even name the hats that go along with the sets. Probably just cool sets of items that you can mix with.

yeoz

Dechaios said:
There don't appear to be set bonuses like the original polypacks.. especially since they didn't even name the hats that go along with the sets. Probably just cool sets of items that you can mix with.
It could be like the second polycount sets, where you just need the weapons, and no hat is required. We'll see thursday I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom