• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Thoraxes said:
Apparently those on the HLDS mailing list received e-mails on preparing their servers for the update(s). This is reposted from the Steam forums.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23010676&postcount=60
And a photo provided: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23011882&postcount=98

Not sure if entirely true though, so grain of salt and all.

25 new weapons and 30 new hats? Son of a bitch.

But well it's fake I think.

Originally Posted by ned_ballad
I expected you guys to immediately shrug it off as fake.
Didn't expect you to take it at face value.

Sorry

yeoz

Thoraxes said:
Apparently those on the HLDS mailing list received e-mails on preparing their servers for the update(s). This is reposted from the Steam forums.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23010676&postcount=60
And a photo provided: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23011882&postcount=98

Not sure if entirely true though, so grain of salt and all.
It's definitely fake. I'm on the mailing lists, and no such email was sent. There were a couple emails sent to the lists saying that it was fake too.
You guys should subscribe to the mailing lists too. That's the only place they preannounce tf2 updates. It's great for knowing when I need to restart my idle servers. :3

so what do you think guys valve will announce today? my guess is Sniper and Demo desert packs.

oh and a friend told me to look above the Demoman head on the TF2 blog and now can not unsee it.
be warned. :D

derFeef

The Omega Man said:
so what do you think guys valve will announce today? my guess is Sniper and Demo desert packs.

oh and a friend told me to look above the Demoman head on the TF2 blog and now can not unsee it.
be warned. :D
YOU SON OF A!

yeoz

Sgt.Pepper said:
The new shotgun would benefit the engineer and pyro more.
I don't know about that. Most of the time if I run out of ammo for the shotgun, I'm doing it wrong™. With the pyro, one or two shots is enough to finish off a burning victim most of the time (on the janky ass server at least, because pellet spread is off. YMMV elsewhere). Doing any less damage and I'm more likely to die before I can finish them off. It might work well together with minisentries for the Engineer, but, I'm almost certain that I would survive more encounters with the regular shotgun...

Clydefrog

If they're staying with the "mafia" theme then a winery map would be cool. Not sure how many of you played TFC, but something similar to the map 'cornfield' would be awesome.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Clydefrog said:
If they're staying with the "mafia" theme then a winery map would be cool. Not sure how many of you played TFC, but something similar to the map 'cornfield' would be awesome.

I suspect every day will have its own theme. It was "Mafia Monday". It'll likely be some other kind of Tuesday.

Clydefrog

Charron said:
I suspect every day will have its own theme. It was "Mafia Monday". It'll likely be some other kind of Tuesday.

oh, I see!

in other news, I got a Defiant Spartan hat for free last night from someone :D

yeoz

Kill Icons:
killicons_uber.jpg

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
I have mixed feelings about a new shovel, since I finally just named mine.
Seems like name tags and description tags have been dropping a lot more frequently over the last few months. So you can name the new one too! Plus, who knows, maybe it'll end up sucking. I'm just glad that I got all of the equalizer achievements before the inevitable nerf. If they nerf the speed it'll be pretty hard to get in close for kills. If the nerf the damage it'll be pretty hard to stay alive long enough to kill people while you have the speed.

EmCeeGramr said:
The top sword is for the Sniper, and the bottom one are the Scout Witcher sword (which is a Boston Basher reskin).
The new icons make me think they will change its stats, so it won't be just a boston basher reskin.

Pie Lord

Quick question for you guys. What is the IP address for the GAF server? The one posted on the first page here doesn't seem to be working.

Oreoleo

Pie Lord said:
Quick question for you guys. What is the IP address for the GAF server? The one posted on the first page here doesn't seem to be working.

70.32.46.156:27016

If my banner wasn't working in the 3rd post it is now, sorry.

Pie Lord said:
Check Orelio's post.

Hint: It is the third one in this thread.

Top two rows are Sniper/Soldier items, it seems.

Then the new Heavy/Spy stuff underneath.

Then some older stiff that didn't have kill icons (Saxxy, Maul, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom