• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

yeoz said:
It could be like the second polycount sets, where you just need the weapons, and no hat is required. We'll see thursday I guess.
True, but I'm pretty sure when they revealed the second set they listed the set bonuses upfront and this update doesn't say anything about set bonuses. I could be wrong about that though.

yeoz

Kulock said:
The beta patch notes are up!

...Really, that's all they list.
Fixed not being able to run SRCDS using the GUI
^-- This was probably the big issue they had to fix. There were a lot of people complaining about this one. Anyone running srcds on windows wasn't able to run the tf2 beta server AT ALL because of a missing texture or something causing a crash.

Weenerz

Banned
Glad they are fixing servers displaying the wrong amount of people. So many times I logged onto a sever that is 31/32 and its fucking empty.

yeoz

Weenerz said:
Glad they are fixing servers displaying the wrong amount of people. So many times I logged onto a sever that is 31/32 and its fucking empty.
No, it's a fix for replay-enabled servers not displaying the correct number of slots. The artificially high player counts is hax (i.e., a mod or plugin is cheating the player count) and thus not a bug and thus not fixed. Also, it's a beta fix, and not in the regular tf2 branch yet.

Forkball

I, for one, bow to our new Demoknight overlords.

Also, I don't quite get the math of the sniper rifle. So it charges at 10% faster per second if you score a headshot. It takes about four seconds, so is that like, a .4 second increase per headshot? So it takes two headshots for it to get to the normal level, right? But then on the third headshot, it would increase to a .4 second faster speed than the default sniper rifle? That seems a bit confusing and fruitless. The original idea was to have a 45% buff on a headshot, a 25% buff on a body shot, and a -65% decrease on a miss. I think this is much more straight-forward and rewarding. I guess they don't want to punish players for being bad though.

Javaman

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks Borg :p

I still need the hats from the original Polycount sets, sigh!
Same here. I almost have enough metal to make 1 of them but it'll take years to get the rest. Thankfully I don't play most of those classes. I've got a page of misc weapons to use for crafting the new stuff assuming tghey aren't too expensive. I still can't figure out why normal hats trade for a single refined when it takes 3 or 4 (poly) to craft them.

Yeef

CTF is great if there's not too many turtling engineers and it's a good map. I've played highlander ctf a few times and it works wonderfully.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Not when you are the only one defending the goddamn intel! Though Metaphorically (spell?) helped out a lot.

That particular match wasn't so great, but CTF in general is the best mode. With balanced teams it is wayyyyy better than pushcart/control point capture.

Kuro Madoushi said:

I'll cut you up!

Thoraxes

Holy crap.
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/scoutpack.html
Click the bonk can at the bottom of the Timbuk Tuesday's update.

I6xIH.jpg

Yeef

Recipe for new scattergun will probably be force+crita-a-cola.
esc said:
New pistol sounds pretty useless. GAF has no bullet spread, right? Vanilla pistol is already perfection.
Fixed spread only applies to shotguns. Pistols, revolvers and all other hitscan weapons still have random spread. No way to disable them without a mod.

corn_fest said:
I kinda thought it was no damage spread, but I'm probably wrong.
It's both. No damage spread and no pellet spread.

Obsessed said:
What is bullet spread?
Pellet weapons (shotguns, scatterguns, short stop) normally shoot their pellets out in a random pattern each time. No weapon spread means that it's a fixed pattern a 3x3 square or a T shape in the case of the shortstop.

Left is no spread, right is spread.

cpgullywashrc60005.jpg

Yeef

The more I think about the bat the more I'm liking it. having three jumps is just too appetizing. Give the scout an air dash and it'll be like playing chun-li in MvC! So much evasion and baiting potential.

Forkball

Scout stuff sounds awesome. So does the third jump do 10 damage to the scout, or to opponents? It's blue so it makes it seem positive, maybe the third jump releases a shockwave that damages enemies or something.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
That one's kinda creepy

WELL OUT OF CONTEXT YEAH.

At least I'm not talking about my wife's boobs like this guy:

gxCiu.jpg

Also she gets a hot one because it's hard to find homoerotic art involving female tf2 characters and also because we love her.

it is not hard to find homoerotic art involving female tf2 characters

Javaman

Haahaha, you guys are so crazy.

Not my spray but I'm surprised that noone noticed that my highscore pic was from a pony server. The things I do for my warpath fix <sigh>

DogWelder

Nothing wrong with that Javamans, I play on a furry server from time to time (it's called the Furry Pound) because I get great ping, it's got a good rotation, and the people are so swell.

I'm not a furry.

darkwing

i guess i'm LTTP but does TF2 support gamepads like the xbox controller? i tried to enable it but the game only recognizes the left stick? the right stick for aiming does nothing

DogWelder

darkwing said:
i guess i'm LTTP but does TF2 support gamepads like the xbox controller? i tried to enable it but the game only recognizes the left stick? the right stick for aiming does nothing
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1445-TKCN-0831

Just so you know, you will get rocked. And you won't have fun. But if you wanna do it anyway, there's the link.

Actually, maybe you'll have fun, I dunno. Who am I to say when Drkirby still plays with his garbage mouse.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
esc said:
Nothing wrong with that Javamans, I play on a furry server from time to time (it's called the Furry Pound) because I get great ping, it's got a good rotation, and the people are so swell.

I'm not a furry.

Except for the naked dragon/wolf people sprays. I joined a friends game one time and didn't pay attention to the server name. When I saw that name it all made sense why I saw all of those and then left disgusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom