• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chriswok said:
How do you set your spray tag?

Under Options, Multiplayer. Pick a compatible image format. It's much easier than it used to be, unless you want a special kind of spray. (Like the ones that change depending on how close you are, or the ones that animate.)

Kulock said:
Under Options, Multiplayer. Pick a compatible image format. It's much easier than it used to be, unless you want a special kind of spray. (Like the ones that change depending on how close you are, or the ones that animate.)

haha yeah I thought it much harder than that, cheers!

commissar

Chriswok said:
How do you set your spray tag?
Go to Options-> Multiplayer (or Advanced, I forget)

I guess it's the uber update because every class gets a bunch of new stuff, but I hope we see several more maps
non-payload

Yeef

If the new modes are real then they'll need new maps for them!

(Except Valve will just re-purpose old maps, because they're lazy!)

Ceebs

Yeef said:
If the new modes are real then they'll need new maps for them!

(Except Valve will just re-purpose old maps, because they're lazy!)
Just think how exciting the final cap of Dustbowl stage 3 will be with a giant Godzilla or whatever running around.

>_>

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if you only have the Triple Jump when the Atomizer is out or not.

It would most likely be the most balanced if the effects were all passive. You get the Triple Jump at all times, but all your weapons fire 30% slower and do 20% less damage at all times.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
I wonder if you only have the Trippe Jump when the Atomizer is out or not.

It would most likely be the most balanced if the effects were all passive. You get the Triple Jump at all times, but all your weapons fire 30% slower and do 20% less damage at all times.
What's your pproblem with P's? You're always adding an extra p to your words. Snipper. Tripple. Snappple.

Also, that's not balanced at all. Cutting the DPS of all of your weapons by nearly half in order to be able to jump a third time would not be worth it. It's clear that the third jump will be a passive ability while the downsides will only apply to the bat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
What's your pproblem with P's? You're always adding an extra p to your words. Snipper. Tripple. Snappple.

Also, that's not balanced at all. Cutting the DPS of all of your weapons by nearly half in order to be able to jump a third time would not be worth it. It's clear that the third jump will be a passive ability while the downsides will only apply to the bat.
Then it becomes over powered if you allow the person to triple jump at any time. Triple Jumping adds a lot of mobility, and if the downsides are only tied to the bat, it isn't as much of an issue.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Then it becomes over powered if you allow the person to triple jump at any time. Triple Jumping adds a lot of mobility, and if the downsides are only tied to the bat, it isn't as much of an issue.
The downside is that the 3rd jump makes you lose 10 health. And it's not actually adding traversal mobility, it's giving you the same amount of mobility you have now, but without having to lose a bunch of health. Combat mobility is better, but at the cost of dealing damage to yourself in mid-combat.

Angry Fork

Gonna start playing with gaf this weekend for the first time. I play tons on other servers but never tried here. What's the server you guys play on? My main class is medic but I also do engy spy and scout when needed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
The downside is that the 3rd jump makes you lose 10 health. And it's not actually adding traversal mobility, it's giving you the same amount of mobility you have now, but without having to lose a bunch of health. Combat mobility is better, but at the cost of dealing damage to yourself in mid-combat.
Unless Valve changes it or has clarified it, I believe it does 10 Damage to others, since the text is blue. If it does do 10 damage to your self, that would be a decent downside though.

Javaman

Drkirby said:
Unless Valve changes it or has clarified it, I believe it does 10 Damage to others, since the text is blue. If it does do 10 damage to your self, that would be a decent downside though.
Quick Kirby, check the registry and find out for us!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeef said:

Is it in the beta and can you check? From the way it looks to me, it's a third jump only on the bat. You don't gain a third jump for the pistol or shotgun load outs. You need to have the bat equipped and ready to gain the third jump. Which would make sense if the 10 damage is to others.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ultimatum said:
hey guys

might be joining in again

what are the big changes since the halloween event?
Lots of hats.
Some new Miscs

Bunch of Promo items
Ability to make Replays
Some work done to the engine to lessen lag (I think Valve may of rolled some of those updates back for stability though)
Tons of weapons
Kill Icons for all weapons
Implemented unused dialog, and changed around a few taunts.

Would list the weapons, but it looks like with Valve doing maintenance to steam, the TF2 website is down and the Wiki is damn slow. When it is working, check here for a summary of the bulk of the stuff:
http://www.teamfortress.com/history.php

yeoz

TheSeks said:
Which would make sense if the 10 damage is to others.
The third jump damage could be a 'goomba jump' thing, where you do damage to enemies you manage to land on with your third jump.
(I'm in the camp where it's probably self-damage and probably will be red text on the final item.)

yeoz said:
The third jump damage could be a 'goomba jump' thing, where you do damage to enemies you manage to land on with your third jump.
(I'm in the camp where it's probably self-damage and probably will be red text on the final item.)
I'm more saddened that the Gunboats doesn't do damage to people under the Soldier. =(

Ultimatum

Banned
Drkirby said:
Ability to make Replays
Some work done to the engine to lessen lag (I think Valve may of rolled some of those updates back for stability though)
Nice! The ways replays used to be handled was a hassle

Any new maps? I doubt I'll try and check up on all of the new weapons, I'll just see what drops I get :p

Evlar

Banned
TheSeks said:
Is it in the beta and can you check? From the way it looks to me, it's a third jump only on the bat. You don't gain a third jump for the pistol or shotgun load outs. You need to have the bat equipped and ready to gain the third jump. Which would make sense if the 10 damage is to others.
That's the way I've read it.

desh

Javaman said:
Same here. I almost have enough metal to make 1 of them but it'll take years to get the rest. Thankfully I don't play most of those classes. I've got a page of misc weapons to use for crafting the new stuff assuming tghey aren't too expensive. I still can't figure out why normal hats trade for a single refined when it takes 3 or 4 (poly) to craft them.

I think I figured it out why some hats can go for ~1 refined (actually it appears the price is closer to 1.33 refined now). It has to do with ppl who prefer to craft vs. those who prefer to open crates. If you're someone who wants to open crates, then you need metal to buy keys, and in some cases, selling a hat for 1.33 refined is a better deal to get a key. However, if you're a crafter, then buying a hat for 1.33 refined is a good deal, because you can buy 2 hats for 2.66 and craft a new hat for 2.66 refined instead of 3.

Additionally, Java, I would not recommend crafting a poly hat for 4 refined. You can easily buy a poly hat for 2.66-3 refined.

Yeef

TheSeks said:
it's not in the beta, unfortunately, but the update is tomorrow. Since I should have all of the materials I need to craft all of the new weapons I'll try it out pretty much immediately.

I can envision the third jump having a graphical effect that isn't the normal smoke puff of the second jump.

cooljeanius said:
Hoping to get another chance to play sometime soon... Might have to resort to playing during the daytime...
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegallagher!

Yeef

esc said:
The map ends when time runs out.

Edit: Hurr durr, I mean map time obviously, not the round timer.
Oh. That's a map bug that was there when it was first released and then fixed, I thought. Valve probably re-broke it somehow. Anyway, just win faster and it's not a problem! (I'll up the timelimit to 45).

DogWelder

Yeef said:
Oh. That's a map bug that was there when it was first released and then fixed, I thought. Valve probably re-broke it somehow. Anyway, just win faster and it's not a problem! (I'll up the timelimit to 45).
Thanks, you're a saint!

commissar

Angry Fork said:
Gonna start playing with gaf this weekend for the first time. I play tons on other servers but never tried here. What's the server you guys play on? My main class is medic but I also do engy spy and scout when needed.
70.32.46.156:27016

If you join the GAF TF2 group you can get some "come and play" announcements too :)

Clydefrog

I've crafted two polycount hats using 8 refined. Looking back on it, I feel like such an idiot.

What are you guys’ guess for today’s alliterative update? I’m still thinking…

Blizzard

Banned
Clydefrog said:
I've crafted two polycount hats using 8 refined. Looking back on it, I feel like such an idiot.

What are you guys’ guess for today’s alliterative update? I’m still thinking…
Wacky Wasteland Waste Wild Wartime Wednesday.

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
Meh. I got 2 hats for free from n0b and crafted 2 of them and got the other in a trade, I think (maybe I crafted that one too). I don't regret crafting them. If no one crafts them (or unboxes them) then the supply wouldn't increase as demand did. Plus, not having to go through the hassle of trading is a big plus in my book. It seems like most traders try their best to haggle instead of just doing simple deals.

Clydefrog

Blizzard said:
Wacky Wasteland Waste Wild Wartime Wednesday.

:lol

I'm gonna guess Welfare Wednesday

or Premed Wednesday (but that isn't alliterative :( )

edit: Woden Wednesday!

2wednesday.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom