• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
wwwwdny3.jpg

Willy Wonka Wednesday Weirdness

***Edit
Goddamnit, sure. They would update the blog as I have photoshop open :(

desh

Oh man, that Reserve Shooter sounds awesome. I don't know how many times I've popped Yeef up in the air and hit him with my shotty.

Oreoleo

wartime1020 said:
New soldier shotgun looks very interesting.

Yeah that's the standout weapon to me too. Will be nice against all those sticky jumper demomen that have been cropping up lately.

Those boots seem cool too, but I'm not sure how useful they'll actually be in practice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ArtistDude88 said:
wwwwdny3.jpg

Willy Wonka Wednesday Weirdness

***Edit
Goddamnit, sure. They would update the blog as I have photoshop open :(
Need to see if any class gets no weapons, then put that classes head in the picture, with at "You Get NOTHING" in it.

DarkKyo

Baha said:
Here's hoping it'll stack speed boosts among the allies you hit until Valve fixes it so it only boosts 1 team mate at any given time.
I could see it being used on multiple people at the same time for a reason. Imagine how cool it would be for an entire team to line up to have their asses smacked by the soldier and rush into battle one after the other!

Jzero

Btw how big do you guys think this update is going to be ? Gygabytes? havent been around long enough to notice.

DogWelder

ArtistDude88 said:
"Presenting not one, not three, but TWO Soldier class packs!"

Where's the other :U
Good point. It'll probably be like yesterday where the second page is hidden. I bet it's the dumpster pack.

corn_fest

Jzero15 said:
Btw how big do you guys think this update is going to be ? Gygabytes? havent been around long enough to notice.
Probably like 1 gb, yeah. Well, actually, maybe more than that. The Engie update was about 1gb iirc, so this might be quite a bit bigger.

Baha

Dechaios said:
I could see it being used on multiple people at the same time for a reason. Imagine how cool it would be for an entire team to line up to have their asses smacked by the soldier and rush into battle one after the other!

I hope it does, it'll give soldiers something to do before the gates open on cp/pl/plr maps. Really need to see how much of a speed boost it gives to determine if it'll be worth using.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:

They're both on the page. The first is the General's Formals: Hat (+misc tie?), Mantreads and Riding Crop

Second is Airborne Armaments with the other 3 air-based weapons and the goggle hat. Thought it was pretty obvious.

Oreoleo

Dug said:
I have a question, should I craft my three refined now or wait after the update?

You should absolutely wait.

Even if you don't want any of the new hats, if it's one of the first 100 crafted it is numbered and will sell for lots of metal.

Dug

Banned
Orellio said:
You should absolutely wait.

Even if you don't want any of the new hats, if it's one of the first 100 crafted it is numbered and will sell for lots of metal.
Okay. It stinks I only have three refined, which means I can't do a class specific craft, but whatever.

Oreoleo

Dug said:
Okay. It stinks I only have three refined, which means I can't do a class specific craft, but whatever.

Well item drops reset tonight, so maybe you could get some more weapons to craft into a 4th refined before the update hits. I'm not sure if the math on weapons>refined metal would work out in your favor though :(

Oreoleo

Chriswok said:
What's the refining business?

I'm a TF2 ignorant. :(

2 weapons > 1 scrap metal
3 scrap > 1 reclaimed metal
3 reclaimed > 1 refined metal
3 refined = HATS!

Metal can also be used to craft most weapons, but, you know, HATS!

Dug

Banned
Orellio said:
Well item drops reset tonight, so maybe you could get some more weapons to craft into a 4th refined before the update hits. I'm not sure if the math on weapons>refined metal would work out in your favor though :(
Well, I crafted just about all the dupes I had. So I'm SOL even with drops. But hey, it's worth to take a gamble! :lol

Link to my backpack

Orellio said:
3 refined = HATS!

My eyes have been opened. My mind freed. I can craft my own hats?

TO HELL WITH THESE WEAPONS! Thank you sir, for freeing me from war.

DarkKyo

Chriswok said:
My eyes have been opened. My mind freed. I can craft my own hats?

TO HELL WITH THESE WEAPONS! Thank you sir, for freeing me from war.
Wait until tomorrow night to craft hats! With the new hats out then you might craft a special early numbered hat and hit the jackpot. If you can get one of those you'll be swimming in hats!

yeoz

Dechaios said:
Wait until tomorrow night to craft hats! With the new hats out then you might craft a special early numbered hat and hit the jackpot. If you can get one of those you'll be swimming in hats!
I had a #1 hat and it was really hard to get people to actually make reasonable offers for it. :( I settled for
a single unusual hat
That said, I have 24 refined waiting...

yeoz said:
I had a #1 hat and it was really hard to get people to actually make reasonable offers for it. :( I settled for
a single unusual hat
That said, I have 24 refined waiting...
you got a good deal, numbered hats shouldn't be worth an unusual

Jagxyz

Orellio said:
3 refined = HATS!

Just wondering, but what are vintage weapons good for? I don't play much, so I've just been trading em for 1 scrap each.. how badly am I being ripped off, and what are they worth?

Thanks!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
ArtistDude88 said:

Watch the "THREE" turn into a hidden link for the junkyard Soldier pack. Just watch.

Oreoleo

Jagxyz said:
Just wondering, but what are vintage weapons good for? I don't play much, so I've just been trading em for 1 scrap each.. how badly am I being ripped off, and what are they worth?

Thanks!

It looks like most are worth 1 or 2 scrap, with some newer not-supposed-to-be-vintage vintage weapons going for a bit more.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...cPdDZZVllaelBuaFlRdUE4YUQ3VFFuTXc&hl=en&gid=0

That's a great list that gives the relative value of basically every weapon/hat in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom