• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
esc said:
Be honest, how many of y'all are going to "buy" Premium accounts to item mine? 20 accounts = only $10. You could do a lot with just 20 accounts.
What is $0.50?

Also my update finished, let me know when server is up.

yeoz

hat_bonus.jpg

WTF at the set listing like the other polycount hats. Does that mean there's a set bonus?!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Weapons can't have craft numbers, can they.

Edit: They can, Family Business #49!

Only the Family Business and the Eviction Notice have numbers, Tomislav and Liberty Launcher don't (Likely waited to long)

Oh, be careful with Vintage Items, the new crafting system doesn't seem to diferente.

Blizzard

Banned
Yikes, the crafting interface seems to always select your equipped weapon first, even if it's vintage. I wish they'd kept the old interface as an option instead of having to manually go through each recipe one at a time.

Anyway, beware of crafting away your vintage weapons. You have to hover over the weapon icon before you craft to see if it picked a vintage weapon. There's not even a color or text warning that I noticed.

Forkball

I crafted a Teddy Rosebelt. TAKE THAT YEEF. I'll trade it to you for the Pyro eyes or Villain's Veil <3.

ALSO SOMEONE UPDATE THE GAF SERVER

Forkball said:
I crafted a Teddy Rosebelt. TAKE THAT YEEF. I'll trade it to you for the Pyro eyes or Villain's Veil <3.

ALSO SOMEONE UPDATE THE GAF SERVER
No one is gonna update that shit until my game updates!!

GruntOfAction said:
Well that's nice that the game is F2P now, but what of us who payed for it? Especially those who bought it in June? Do we get the shaft?
They have to pay if they want the "whole" game. Meaning trading and stuff, and you get a hat for paying the game lol.

Orellio said:
We get a hat.

MatthewB92 said:
You get a hat.

Sgt.Pepper said:
They have to pay if they want the "whole" game. Meaning trading and stuff, and you get a hat for paying the game lol.

Ahh, that's cool. So if a family member wanted to play just for playing sake, and not item collecting, they'd be able to play?

Wish I cared about hats as much as every other TF2 player...I just like killing stuff with teamwork.

Adnor

Banned
A friend bought me this game two years ago (when it was $2,50). I have only played 3 hours, because my pc can't run it, but I'm going to build a new pc in two weeks.
I have a question, will I have the hat if I don't install the game now, but in two weeks? Will my account be a Premium Account, even if I haven't played the game in two years?

I think I will have a Premium Account, but I don't know about the hat.

Yeef

Remy said:
cp_warpath_final has been removed from maps_all.txt by multiple request.

Javaman also now has access to the control panel so that he can kick out the jank as needed. (The other three people with access are me, Yeef, and Artistdude.)
Shouldn't have gone to warpath final. Should've gone to warpath2 which was working fine when I tested it on the server (downloaded it and joined and ran around as a scout capping points).

Meet the Medic is awesome. If things get too crazy with free accounts adding extra servers isn't a big deal. I've actually been meaning to ask, for the last couple of weeks, if anyone would have any interest in a second, highlander server, but kept forgetting.

Yeef said:
Shouldn't have gone to warpath final. Should've gone to warpath2 which was working fine when I tested it on the server (downloaded it and joined and ran around as a scout capping points).

Meet the Medic is awesome. If things get too crazy with free accounts adding extra servers isn't a big deal. I've actually been meaning to ask, for the last couple of weeks, if anyone would have any interest in a second, highlander server, but kept forgetting.
You know, I could always donate for a good cause. Since the f2p will bring more gaffers now, one server won't be enough.

Adnor said:
A friend bought me this game two years ago (when it was $2,50). I have only played 3 hours, because my pc can't run it, but I'm going to build a new pc in two weeks.
I have a question, will I have the hat if I don't install the game now, but in two weeks? Will my account be a Premium Account, even if I haven't played the game in two years?

I think I will have a Premium Account, but I don't know about the hat.

It will be premium, and you should get your hat, no matter how long ago you last played.

http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

Hell, I've seen people get L4D2 items every now and then.

Oreoleo

So I just remembered (lulz) you can craft hats into more hats. So I took that shitty PvZ cone I just got, crafted it with the Hard Counter I never use, and got a Team Captain B)

Feels good man.

Orellio said:
So I just remembered (lulz) you can craft hats into more hats. So I took that shitty PvZ cone I just got, crafted it with the Hard Counter I never use, and got a Team Captain B)

Feels good man.
Ah right. I guess I will get rid of that and the brain bucket

Adnor said:
Even if I install the game in two or three weeks?
Awesome, thank you!

I'm going to try the game in "Max Frames" option, so I can practice a little before buying the PC if it run decently.
I went from 15FPS max to 25 FPS ma with that config. I love it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Orellio said:

Feels good man.

Just did the same after you mentioned it and got a Texas Ten Gallon. Never gonna use anything but my Hot Rod for Engi so I'll probably trade it off, but hey, at least thats worth more than those two were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom