• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

I'm confused about the new flare gun. I thought you were supposed to be able to rocket jump with this? But there's like a 2 second delay on being able to blow up the flare.

Blizzard

Banned
Orellio said:
I'm confused about the new flare gun. I thought you were supposed to be able to rocket jump with this? But there's like a 2 second delay on being able to blow up the flare.
Valve was worried the pyro would be too good, I guess, so they mostly got rid of that (along with the cool explosion sound effect so it's hard to see/hear where you set it off), apparently. =P

Anony

Blizzard said:
Valve was worried the pyro would be too good, I guess, so they mostly got rid of that (along with the cool explosion sound effect so it's hard to see/hear where you set it off), apparently. =P
well fuck

can they unnerf pyro now

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:

Oh, that's lame. It is really hard to tell when/if the explosion is going off, you're right. Which is weird cause shooting a flare it's like *SCREAMING EAGLE NOISE* loud :\

Blizzard

Banned
Orellio said:
Oh, that's lame. It is really hard to tell when/if the explosion is going off, you're right. Which is weird cause shooting a flare it's like *SCREAMING EAGLE NOISE* loud :\
Watch this video apparently from the beta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6VFID97aFg

Not only is the jump height nice, but there also seemed to be this nice little fireworks *poom* sound effect when it went off. Either of those changes would be welcome back. =(

Blizzard said:
That's pretty sad. Why give us the damn detonator then?

Grinchy

Banned
I need an Eyelander to make the new sniper rifle. Anyone wanna trade?

Xc2KN.png

I only want it for crafting, so I'm more likely to trade if it's something I have multiples of.

Oreoleo

Grimm Fandango said:
Already was a hacker in the first server I connected to.
The Detonator's jump is pathetic.

Ugh this all feels like a bad dream.

Oh, I see whats going on. It auto-detonates on impact? This is really bad then. It's like a scout double jump.

Saige

I must do better.
Jesus these recipes are insane. I just want the new demo boots, but since I have to craft another new item to make it, it will take 1 refined metal and 2 items altogether.

I managed to get the new flare gun as a drop, but it sounds like it was nerfed hard so I probably won’t be able to trade it for much.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I HATE my slow computer, I joined when there were only 13 people and by the time the damn server loaded it was full. And now I'm just sitting here with "auto-join" going, waiting for someone to leave.

EDIT: And we're doing the new map! Auuugh!

Proven

Yeef said:
Shouldn't have gone to warpath final. Should've gone to warpath2 which was working fine when I tested it on the server (downloaded it and joined and ran around as a scout capping points).

Meet the Medic is awesome. If things get too crazy with free accounts adding extra servers isn't a big deal. I've actually been meaning to ask, for the last couple of weeks, if anyone would have any interest in a second, highlander server, but kept forgetting.

If you put up any second server, I'd donate monthly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well with the influx of n00bs I think I might join in... after the Blood Moon in CO this weekend.

Grinchy

Banned
I've tried joining these Valve servers that are under 50 ping, and it still feels laggy as hell. All my usual servers are full.

Sgt.Pepper said:
That's pretty sad. Why give us the damn detonator then?

I have to echo this, I'm really disappointed with the Detonator as it was the first weapon I was really excited to try out. Spent my 2 reclaimed ASAP to test it out.. Giving Pyro mobility would have been THE thing for him but the extra jump given by the detonator is absolutely pathetic.

Sigh ...

Edit :
Save your metal folks, the Detonator certainly isn't showing that it's worth the investment in any way. You lose the full crit you get from using the usual flare gun when hitting an opponent already on fire and get what? A small blast range that only has the possibility to flame multiple opponents if everyone is literally on top of each other and an extra half jump.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
Got kicked, couldn't connect to VAC, now I'm stuck in the queue. Awesome.
Hey, at least you got kicked. I got stuck in limbo, where I could still hear everyone, but couldn't move, couldn't change teams, and no one could hear me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I could be wrong, but I think the Disciplinary Action increases the speed to switch weapons to when used, though it could be a glitch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, in case it got lost in past posts, new weapons can have item numbers too. I got Big Earner #49 for example. They went damn fast though.

gibration

I'm loving The Quick Fix. You can heal at a faster rate, get an UberCharge in no time, and then start healing at a 300% increase rate! So awesome!

Yeef

I am going to go watch Futurama and when i come back I hope the item server is working. I have enough stuff to craft all the new weapons, but the server refused to give me the chance!

Also, everyone worried about the detonator: in the beta manually exploding it made you go much higher than letting it hit a wall. Distance was also very ping-dependent. I'll give it a shot whenever I get the chance to craft it, but I'm skeptical that they would have nerfed it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom