• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a Strange Flare Gun. Badly. That kill counter shall be my badge of honor.

(Yes, I routinely kill a lot of people with the FG, but it'd be nice to have stats to keep track of it. :p)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Baha said:
Everyone did, the only weapons that aren't numbered for me oddly enough are the medic weapons I crafted.
Well, only the first 100 will show up in game. And the first 100 went fast! Only got two weapons that have numbers that show up in game.

Also, anther odd things is you can not craft an Atomizer into scrap metal.

We need to get Wartime one of those Strange Sticky Launchers. And I want a Strange Spy Knife, or Back Burner (Would love a Strange Sapper too, but I don't think Valve will put that in)

Ceebs

New bit of fun for your weekend of pub servering. Kritzkrieg. I had a demo freak the fuck out when I used it on him and he managed like 7 kills in a few seconds.

Yeef

(._.) said:
I have a STRANGE weapon. Are they rare or something? Too bad it is a weapon I don't like :\
They're not rare. Any weapon you get out of a crate from #19(?) onward is strange. It keeps track of how many kills you get with it and updates its title based on that. So if you get 10 kills with it it becomes "Unremarkable [Weapon]" and on and on up to "Hale's Own [Weapon]" at 10,000 kills.

Which weapon did you get?

[Edit] Was just playing gravelpit on a random quickplay server and destroying everyone playing demo. Did the first two rounds as desertknight then did the next two as vanilla demo. Now I know how wartime feels. I had at least twice the points of anyone else on the server.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
I have a STRANGE weapon. Are they rare or something? Too bad it is a weapon I don't like :\
From the sounds of it, no. They WILL have demand though. People are going to want them. I would trade it now though, since the price will come down pretty quickly most likely, since I think they have like a 30% change from all crates (Maybe 80%, I am not sure if all or just some crate weapons are not Strange)

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
If you get a Strange Mini-gun, we need to force it upon nob.
You're right, you should give it to me. I agree.

Aside from a minigun, I would potentially trade two weapons for a strange weapon! Maybe even three if it's a good strange weapon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
You're right, you should give it to me. I agree.

Aside from a minigun, I would potentially trade two weapons for a strange weapon! Maybe even three if it's a good strange weapon.
To be honest, I would likely give a good chunk of metal for one.

Oh god, I am going to really need a backpack extender eventually. Damn you Valve!

(._.)

Banned
snack said:
What are you looking for in return for that strange weapon?
another strange weapon

minigun
gunslinger
scatter gun
shotgun
rocket launcher
black box
the 2nd medic gun added, idr it's name.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thnikkaman said:
It turns out I got a crate last night that I can't afford to open. Boo. Don't have anything exciting to trade either.
I would just trade it for some scrap metal or weapons you don't have, with the new strange weapons, it is going to make people much more willing to open newer crates.

Yeef

(._.) said:
another strange weapon

minigun
gunslinger
scatter gun
shotgun
rocket launcher
black box
the 2nd medic gun added, idr it's name.
Most of those aren't available yet. Right now it's limited to soldier, heavy and demo. The mediguns will probably never be available considering the way the mechanic works (based on kills).

DarkKyo

Drkirby said:
I would just trade it for some scrap metal or weapons you don't have, with the new strange weapons, it is going to make people much more willing to open newer crates.
Yep now is the time to trade the new crates. I saw them going for 2 reclaimed at times on the steam forums trading board. Sheesh...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Most of those aren't available yet. Right now it's limited to soldier, heavy and demo. The mediguns will probably never be available considering the way the mechanic works (based on kills).
It depends if it counts assists or not. Valve could also tweek it just for the Mini-gun.

I really would love a Strange Sapper, but I high doubt it would happen.

DarkKyo

Drkirby said:
It depends if it counts assists or not. Valve could also tweek it just for the Mini-gun.

I really would love a Strange Sapper, but I high doubt it would happen.
I doubt that's possible... sappers can't kill anybody.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope the new crates get long circulations, don't need the first run strange weapons to become rare. Series 9 crates were out for ever, really increased the amount of paint on the market.

nilbog21

Banned
nilbog21 said:
hey guys when my mate and I are on LAN and try to join the same server, it will often disconnect one of us, and from there we will unable to join the server again, it just keeps retrying..until it disconnects. anyone know whats up?

bump for new page, pls help !!

Really loving all the lag caused by the F2P update. Have not been able to connect to a single game since it being up.

Week long Vacation away from TF2 here I come.

nilbog21

Banned
Drkirby said:
Can you set it up that instead of being on a Lan network, you use a rougher? What is your network set up.

it's just a normal router setup. 2 computers set up on a Linksys router.. We used to be able to join servers fine, then after a while it kept disconnecting us

DogWelder

Sgt.Pepper said:
Yeah well, I better find another good server, and say goodbye to "only active two hours, with no spare room" janky-ass server.
The Furry Pound servers are pretty good if you can stomach all the furry sprays. Luckily sprays haven't been working for me for ages. FUN-GINEERS is another good server. However, I've yet to find a pub that is consistently challenging (without being frustrating due to people's n00b-ness).

Clydefrog

I would no longer recommend The Lion's Den server because, frankly, they give reserved slots like candy nowadays and it's nearly impossible to get in. Saw 28/24 players last night in that server.

Heh...it's kinda cute seeing new players. Kinda.

I joined a friend's game and a Pyro lit a Huntsman Sniper's arrow and their minds were so blown away. Through mic: "OMG, awesooooome!" "That is so cool!" "I wonder if you get an Achievement or a hat if you, like, get a headshot or something while it's burning" "That'd be a pain."

In other news, I want to play but the server's full. Boo! Is this what heartache feels like?

1-D_FTW

So does everyone get massive choke on Java's server?

I exited out thinking my network settings were borked and changed them around. Then went to some other servers because it was full and I had it good. Would exit spawn at 0 and keep it in single digit spikes.

After a couple hours, finally got back onto Javas and my choke is at 50 again. I'm just wondering if I have lousy routing to the server, or it's that way for everyone.

AcciDante

1-D_FTW said:

I exited out thinking my network settings were borked and changed them around. Then went to some other servers because it was full and I had it good. Would exit spawn at 0 and keep it in single digit spikes.

After a couple hours, finally got back onto Javas and my choke is at 50 again. I'm just wondering if I have lousy routing to the server, or it's that way for everyone.
It's extra janky tonight. It's not usually thaaaaat bad! (just kinda bad)

Blizzard

Banned
Obsessed, you're lucky. Backburner didn't used to have airblast.

1-D_FTW said:

Someone was just today explaining what choke is (the number of frames you are behind the server?), and if my framerate goes up to maybe 75, my choke is typically 50-60, so that's like...nearly a second behind? I don't know if that's accurate but it's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom