• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Weenerz said:
Either he's very lucky, or very rich.

I've heard him talking about buying and selling unusuals with random people on the server. upwards of $200 for 1 unusual.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I got a series 21 (I believe, 20 something) last night.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Is he a rich boy with no day job? Because damn.

I know he has his own trading server, I think he's just good at ripping people off. lol

yeoz

From the hlds mailing list:
a bug related to Ali Baba's Wee Booties.

Demoman Loadout:
Splendid Screen or Charge 'n Targe
Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Any melee

Hit Jump + Charge + Attack at the same time to do a charge jump without depleting your charge meter.

nilbog21

Banned
hey guys when my mate and I are on LAN and try to join the same server, it will often disconnect one of us, and from there we will unable to join the server again, it just keeps retrying..until it disconnects. anyone know whats up?

Oreoleo

nilbog21 said:
hey guys when my mate and I are on LAN and try to join the same server, it will often disconnect one of us, and from there we will unable to join the server again, it just keeps retrying..until it disconnects. anyone know whats up?

I used to get this back in the day when me and my buddy would try to play DoD together. Wish I could help, but I sympathize with your plight.

MEDIC QUESTION

What button do you push to make the Medic glow and angelic music play? I saw it last night during the setup phase of one of my first games after the new patch and weapons, but have never seen it before. Is it married to a new weapon or is it just a button to press?

Dreams-Visions said:
MEDIC QUESTION

What button do you push to make the Medic glow and angelic music play? I saw it last night during the setup phase of one of my first games after the new patch and weapons, but have never seen it before. Is it married to a new weapon or is it just a button to press?
You need to buy a new taunt. It goes in the action slot, like the noise makers, duel guns, and the Director Taunt.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dreams-Visions said:
MEDIC QUESTION

believe it's a taunt you buy in the store

yeoz

derFeef said:
Hah, first drop in game is a chest with a Strange Minigun.
All the weapons pulled from the new crates are strange. All of them. Instead of shitty weapons you already have, you get shitty 'strange' weapons you already have. That said, i'm probably going to buy some keys to get a strange rocket launcher, just to have that kill count :(

Proven

Let Hazaro have the Splendid Screen, since he's being such a baby :p

But to be serious I won't be on tonight until like 2am EST, so I might as well wait for someone else to get it dropped as a spare.

Managed to craft a Tomislav before class this morning. Let's see if it gets nerfed tonight.

Forkball

I saw someone trade a Genuine Companion Cube for a crate and Slate paint today on a newbie server. Sad that people just jump at the opportunity to take advantage of new players.

*goes back to Saharan Spy*

Yeef

I got both the booties and the mantreads as drops :D

Also, I traded n0b the stuff to make the spy gun and then he immediately got it as a drop before he could craft it!

Also, the strange weapons only seem interesting when they're terrible weapons. So like a strange Sun-on-a -Stick would be awesome, but a strange minigun is not very awesome.

derFeef

yeoz said:
All the weapons pulled from the new crates are strange. All of them. Instead of shitty weapons you already have, you get shitty 'strange' weapons you already have. That said, i'm probably going to buy some keys to get a strange rocket launcher, just to have that kill count :(
Oh, boooo then.

AcciDante

Yeef said:
I got both the booties and the mantreads as drops :D

Also, I traded n0b the stuff to make the spy gun and then he immediately got it as a drop before he could craft it!

Also, the strange weapons only seem interesting when they're terrible weapons. So like a strange Sun-on-a -Stick would be awesome, but a strange minigun is not very awesome.
Strange pain train, reporting in.

Remy

Meus Renaissance said:
Anyone want to PM me to give me a quick tutorial of Steam and its social functions? Noob here

Who needs a PM?

At the top of Steam are four buttons.

The Store is the part of Steam that eats your wallet on a daily basis. Things will frequently be on "sale" here. This is a trap. Don't listen to it. Especially duirng the "Summer Sale" that's coming next week or so.

Library is where your games are. You can install, uninstall, and launch from here. There's a couple of filter views (All Games, Installed, Recently Played, Favorites), and you can create categories by right clicking on individual games. There's three view styles (detail/grid/list), and much blood has been shed over the years to describe which is the best.

The News button is where you'll end up trying to figure out what the hell is in the last 80MB TF2 patch you downloaded. There's also stuff from gaming sites here.

Community is essentially a framed browser for steamcommunity.com; here you can set up your profile page, join/manage your groups, and read your "blotter" to see how many cheesemints your friends have racked up lately.

Lower right corner of the main steam window pulls up your Friends list, which will show you how many people are idling on TF2 at a given moment. You can double click people to bring up a chat window. You can add people a variety of ways, which will probably be pretty obvious.

Shift-Tab by default in any game launched via Steam brings up the Steam overlay, which lets you pull up a browser to look things up, or deal with chat sessions.

Most important thing to dois to join the GAF TF2 group, that way you'll get a popup when we start playing whenever Artistdude or whoever sends out an invite. And if you join that and then jump in the chat room, I can answer any other questions you might have.

webrunner

Meus Renaissance said:
Anyone want to PM me to give me a quick tutorial of Steam and its social functions? Noob here

Steam's got a store, a game library, and a community thing.

In the community thing, you can bring up a friends list, you can chat/speak with your friends by opening up chats, and in the community page you can also do stuff (like see your friends' achievements)

You buy games in the store (incl free games) and then they show up in the Library.

You launch games from the Library.

DogWelder

Baha you should try and trade your strange GRU while people don't know strange weapons aren't really worth that much. Actually it's probably already too late.

Baha

esc said:
Baha you should try and trade your strange GRU while people don't know strange weapons aren't really worth that much. Actually it's probably already too late.

I've actually come around to the idea of killing ppl with my strange GRU.

Baha

Yeah, I only killed an unsuspecting sniper with it so far. It's hard staying alive long enough to kill somebody with that thing.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still looking for an eyelander so I can craft the new sniper rifle. I'm really hoping for someone who doesn't care about their eyelander who can trade me for an item I don't care about. My items HERE

DarkKyo

I got the strange grenade launcher earlier. I'm up to around 60 kills. I love it, it's pretty easy to get multiple kills with that weapon so it's a great one to have the strange version of.

Hey guys, is it possible for Taunts to come as random drops?

I'm like $0.50 short and the notion of having to put $5.00 into my Steam account just for the Medic taunt irritates me for some reason.

If it won't drop, I'll just do what I gotta do and buy it...

DarkKyo

Dreams-Visions said:
Hey guys, is it possible for Taunts to come as random drops?

I'm like $0.50 short and the notion of having to put $5.00 into my Steam account just for the Medic taunt irritates me for some reason.

If it won't drop, I'll just do what I gotta do and buy it...
The things we do for TF2...

(._.)

Banned
Forkball said:
Game Informer already took this down, but lulz:

uSgXV.png

[edit] Check out their amazing article on the Uber Update.
lmao @ those guys who get paid to play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom