• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

I've got a strange Chargin' Targe... looking to trade it for another strange weapon preferably(but maybe a nice hat also).

Specifically looking for strange sticky and minigun.

AcciDante

I am enjoying my strange minigun quite a bit :D I played so much tonight.

Shouldn't the password, if we're going to have one, be something only members here can see and is not just publicly posted?

Forkball

TF2 Blog updated. No new info, just some info on random stuff like the new taunts and the Meet the Medic poster. They did upload some Uber Update wallpapers.

Blizzard

Banned
The strange weapons giving the forced announcements every time they level up, with everyone having to press K to close them...it's almost like everyone who buys keys is paying a one-time donation fee for member bonuses. ;)

Just imagine if everyone had them, how often you'd get those messages!

Just imagine if Valve started adding enhancing isotopes, or demo launchers that did an extra 5 damage per sticky, but you could only get them by paying! Imagine how much MORE money Valve could make! =D

AcciDante said:
I am enjoying my strange minigun quite a bit :D I played so much tonight.

Shouldn't the password, if we're going to have one, be something only members here can see and is not just publicly posted?
UH . . . WHAT IS IT NOW? Perhaps I just don't remembner or can't type.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
<3 Artimis for all the gifts.

Also, people need to stop fearing the whip, it only stings for like a second. I had a medic slowly back away from me and then start shooting me. :lol

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Dug said:
Did anyone get anything cool? (Like an unusual or whatever.)

I got 4 old items and a Family Business which Artemis then DEMANDED that I give to him. He traded me a piece of garbage for it.

Forkball said:
So I put some money in my Steam wallet for the upcoming summer sale, and god help me, I bought a key. I got a Strange Sticky Launcher. And thus my key adventures come to a close forever.

Better than it used to be.

Would you like to swap your Strange Sticky Launcher for a Strange GRU, by any chance?

vanty

Blizzard said:
The strange weapons giving the forced announcements every time they level up, with everyone having to press K to close them...it's almost like everyone who buys keys is paying a one-time donation fee for member bonuses. ;)
Just had that shit pop up for the first time from some guy's minigun. Totally unnecessary. Was followed by about a dozen "wtf" and "fuck off" messages.

Adnor

Banned
Ok, I installed the game, I have the premium version and the hat, even some hats of L4D2.
Buut... it run at 12 FPS, even with the "Max FPS" config and in training mode, so yeah... But I will play when I build my new PC, in like two weeks, when I finish this semester.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So GAF, help me out.

Yesterday I checked TF2B, seeing that I got five items ready to be dropped. I decided that I'll get it tomorrow instead. When I checked now, those five items vanished! Any idea what happened?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh wait, apparently I "obtained" them but without the notification. I simply switched the item arrangement to class and saw them.

AcciDante

I don't know what was going on those last two games, but it was beautiful. My strange minigun wants blood.

Also, big thanks to Artemis for all the gifts :D

dragonlife29 said:
How could anyone kill poor Javaman? :(

You fiend.

*twirls mustahce* Mwahahahahaha.....

Also, if you're looking for an Atomizer and have any new weapons to trade, let me know. I've got an extra Atomizer to unload.

First time playing on the gaf server just then, a ton of fun, Cheers guys, especially Artemis. I got 3 old weapons and 2 new ones, one of witch I traded for the liberty launcher.

Proven

Got home way too late to play with you guys. Sucks. Grabbed two of my usual gaming friends and got them to jump on some random servers with me. First time they had played in forever, and were actually giving me a run for my money...

I actually recorded some games with them, but there was really just one stand out one. I'll post it tomorrow and let it render overnight.

Borgnine said:
I think I'm in love with the Disciplinary Action. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I think essentially it's going to turn me in to a ninja soldier. I shall be the living embodiment of both the eastern and western schools of war.

It makes horizontal rocket jumps super easy. I know you can do horizontal jumps with just the rocket launcher, but I've never been able to do them. I also don't think you'd be able to get the same height, it's almost like a sticky jump. Like just now while on BLU on Badwater I whipped someone out of the gates and rocket jumped up on the cliff completely over the rocks. Of course I landed in a nest of REDs, but I was all SUPPLIES! and they totally didn't expect it. And I killed Borsalino so it was worth it.

It also seems to work pretty well around corners. Like I can jump out and bounce around like a scout and fire off 2 or 3 rockets, and then run back behind cover really quickly. The trade off is no equalizer, but I would say that honestly only saves my life maybe once a map. And there's usually someone around to whip to give the same effect, so maybe it'll even out.

Also though, and I think maybe this will get better with time, when we spawn DON'T FUCKING RUN AWAY FROM ME YOU JERK. Hang back and let me spank you and we can both be BDSM buddies and zing to the front. :)

Another man has learned the pleasure of the whip. Next time we're on the server together we can use each other as our whipping boys and fly.

Proven

Also, if someone makes me an admin on the steam group I'd be more than happy to set off GAF alarms earlier in the day. Since I'm on irregularly at nights I might as well and try to be on regularly in the evenings and afternoons.

vanty

Has anyone else had weird problems with the game connecting to Steam Community or whatever since the update? I only see the avatars for myself, friends, and sometimes one random player. Also if I open the overlay and hit Players the list is empty except for the friends/one random who I can see pics for.

Remember earlier when I had said that there were a large number of styles being submitted and were going to be included in the Uber update?

Well, the person who organized all those creators got a reply back from Valve

So looks like next patch

Also, for your viewing pleasure
oP6M5.gif

Yeef

I disabled replays until the jank works itself out. I also changed the default map to harvest since people were complaining about not getting to play badwater.

Forkball said:
And the Soda Popper is a lot of fun. You really have to control your movement to unleash hype at the perfect time. Now to work on my aim...
No you don't. You build hype until it's nearly full, then you pull out a different weapon. Switch back to soda popper when you're nearing battle. Suddenly, Minicrits.

Oreoleo

Proven said:
Also, if someone makes me an admin on the steam group I'd be more than happy to set off GAF alarms earlier in the day. Since I'm on irregularly at nights I might as well and try to be on regularly in the evenings and afternoons.

I just went to try to add you to the list, but it looks like it might be something Javaman has to do since he's the one who started the group (I think).

DarkKyo

Trying to get rid of my Strange Chargin' Targe if anyone wants it. I just have no use for it, really. I'm not expecting much for it so feel free to make an offer if you are interested :p

Javaman

Proven said:
I'll try to remember to add you when I get home from work. That's a good idea. The game could start much earlier. The only problem is that noone wants to join an empty server, but once you get a handfull of people it fills up fast

W1SSY

Just finished downloading the game and will hopefully be able to get into a couple games on the gaf server at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom