• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceebs

The_Technomancer said:
Damn, I have the Zatochi but not the charge. Maybe I can craft one...
no actual blueprint for it unless you wanted to do the token thing which gives you a shot at a sticky jumper as well.

Remy

yeoz said:
I can give you a tomislav (for free). Got a spare one from my idlers. I'll have a full list of what spares I have later tonight and hand them out to people on the server. Can we keep the server password protected tonight too?

Yeah, we'll keep the password on for a little bit.

Ceebs

Oh yeah I would trade my riding crop or the new soldier boots for a quick fix or Tomislav as well since it looks like I may need to wait a bit to craft the new demoknight set

Oreoleo

Sgt.Pepper said:
So how about getting another server? This update has brought many other gaffers that didn't play much. Like I said, I can donate for a good cause.

Or maybe just use the server for more than the 2 or 3 hours a day we do now. I don't see why we need a 2nd server when the one we have now is empty 90% of the day.

Ugh the wave of new players has creeped into my favorites. This one Medic didn't know how to activate his Uber.

Demoknights EVERYWHERE. My favorite was when I got killed by one and he started talking shit to me. Yeah bro, you're real hardcore.

Orellio said:
Or maybe just use the server for more than the 2 or 3 hours a day we do now. I don't see why we need a 2nd server when the one we have now is empty 90% of the day.
Maybe. I played in pubs today, I joined a server where watime was playing, and let's say there's an alarming number of players that don't know what the fuck they are doing.

I backstabbed 4 Heavies on a cart, and none of them looked back (one of the heavies flew), and there was an engineer with no buildings in our team. =|

If it keeps like that, I'll play only on the GAF server.

Oreoleo

Sgt.Pepper said:
Maybe. I played in pubs today, I joined a server where watime was playing, and let's say there's an alarming number of players that don't know what the fuck they are doing.

I backstabbed 4 Heavies on a cart, and none of them looked back (one of the heavies flew), and there was an engineer with no buildings in our team. =|

If it keeps like that, I'll play only on the GAF server.

Yeah I was just playing on F7.. being against the noobs is great fun, but on the 2nd map I guess I got stuck on the team with all the new players and it was like pulling teeth. 6 heavies, no demos, 2 medics that only healed 1 person each to the detriment of the rest of the team, no engies, and maybe a third of the team bothering to push the cart at all. It was pretty intolerable :( Hopefully things settle back down in a week or so.

Ceebs

I am no great medic or anything, but trying to play a competent Medic on a Pub server is possibly the one thing that will make you hate this game.

Oreoleo

Ceebs said:
I am no great medic or anything, but trying to play a competent Medic on a Pub server is possibly the one thing that will make you hate this game.

It's just like.. when a demoman is right next to you with 8hp, you can afford to not heal that heavy for two seconds you know? He's slow, he has 450hp, he's not going anywhere.

I'm so glad I hoarded katanas for no reason. Crafting the Persian Persuader felt very cheap (2 katanas + 1 scrap). It's an AMAZING demoknight sword, even better than the katana imho.

Yeef

Hey Yeoz, I know you said no more requests, but can I call dibs on that winger? :D

I have all of the weapons minus the 2 pairs of boosts, the bust and the winger. Didn't have the jarate from the bust and the other three didn't seem worth the crafting cost. Hopefully I'll get them via drops.

I got an overdose and an enforcer as a drop, so when i was done crafting everything I had enough left over to make two hats. Got a Medic Pouch and a Crocleather Slouch.

Also, got this from Forkball. <3

0888B3CD0875B14BF88DC77EB8FC366B9388E9CA

Ceebs

Orellio said:
It's just like.. when a demoman is right next to you with 8hp, you can afford to not heal that heavy for two seconds you know? He's slow, he has 450hp, he's not going anywhere.
My complaints are focused more on the stupid class selection (6 snipers? really?) and that you never get a group together so you either end up with no one to heal or having to buddy up with someone on their own instead of having a stable of bodies to heal.

yeoz

Yeef said:
Hey Yeoz, I know you said no more requests, but can I call dibs on that winger? :D
Sure, it's yours. Anyone else on my friend's list who wants anything, just shoot me a message over on steam.

thefil

Hey guys, I'm still looking to get one hat per class. I've got a Spartan helmet and a Hotrod for trade.

Still need neato hats for the following classes:
Pyro
Heavy
Sniper

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Hey Yeoz, I know you said no more requests, but can I request other weapons anyway? </trollmode> :p

Requests aside, the main weapons that I think will be good besides the heavy gun are the spy pistol, the soldier rocket/shotgun/whip, the medic healgun, and the demo stuff. Plus the sniper rifle for very good snipers.

They need to nerf the Heavy first. The only thing keeping every Payload round from being a literally unstoppable Heavyfest was that Heavys are dumb and boring to play. Now that they have the Tomislav, the problem with Valve's "take away all the Heavy's weaknesses so the easy-to-play class is stronger than the harder-to-play ones," strategy is apparent.

Oreoleo

thefil said:
Hey guys, I'm still looking to get one hat per class. I've got a Spartan helmet and a Hotrod for trade.

Still need neato hats for the following classes:
Pyro
Heavy
Sniper

I've got a pyro beanie if you'd like. I wouldn't mind having that Hotrod.

Anony

Yeef said:
I have all of the weapons minus the 2 pairs of boosts, the bust and the winger. Didn't have the jarate from the bust and the other three didn't seem worth the crafting cost. Hopefully I'll get them via drops.

I got an overdose and an enforcer as a drop, so when i was done crafting everything I had enough left over to make two hats. Got a Medic Pouch and a Crocleather Slouch.

damn, how much spare metal/weapons did u have before crafting everything?

Ceebs

EmCeeGramr said:
They need to nerf the Heavy first. The only thing keeping every Payload round from being a literally unstoppable Heavyfest was that Heavys are dumb and boring to play. Now that they have the Tomislav, the problem with Valve's "take away all the Heavy's weaknesses so the easy-to-play class is stronger than the harder-to-play ones," strategy is apparent.
Snipers and Spies man...Snipers and Spies. Heavy's worst nightmare. I swear to god Inkwell has me swearing and insisting he uses black magic every time I play Heavy and he is on.

DarkKyo

Wallach said:
Any of you guys have new series crates (19-21) you don't want? I could use 3.
Man, the Strange weapons makes opening the new crates actually pretty sweet. No matter what you're gonna get something cool in those.

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I rarely see unstoppable heavies. Maybe Sciz or n0b were really hard to kill but they hardly ever play anymore. Nearly unstoppable demomans seem more common to me, plus now they have the air dash cancel under-6 second charge stuff to play with.

Just lobby for pyro boosts and you won't have to worry about heavy so much. Make all classes overpowered :D

DarkKyo

Has anyone tried any of those new paints that are a variation of "Team Spirit"? Those look awesome! I might buy one since they aren't $5.00 like TS was.

Edit: Lol wow beaten

I came to the conclusion that Saharan Spy ain't for me, who wants to trade another Spy hat for a Familiar Fez?

I'll leave my ID just in case...ltcoheng.

Remy

My first five drops post-patch, for whatever statistical merit it's worth:

Flare Gun
Tomislav
Crate Series #21
Family Business
Winger

Yeef

Anony said:
damn, how much spare metal/weapons did u have before crafting everything?
I have about 18 refined total plus a bunch of extra weapons. (3 accounts + double drops is delicious!)

Ceebs said:
Does anyone have any idea what those new team spirit looking paints are?
They're alternate colors for team spirit. (More vibrant, more saturated, etc.) All multi-team paints are broken right now though, and only show up in red. Hatless hats are broken too and just show the default hat.

They also, sadly, made the planeswalker goggles a misc. item. Not I can't use them with my essential accessories. Here's hoping they make them wearable in either slot or give us a second misc slot. :\

DogWelder

Ceebs said:
I'm sorry :(. I didn't wanna play srs pants on a pub server that's why I went Direct Hit. I woulda switched if you told me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
yeoz said:
I've got a spare shield. Haven't seen the boots yet though.

edit: These are the spares I have so far. I'll be on the GAF server tonight to hand out stuff.
double edit: on second thought, no more requests please until we're actually playing tonight. :)
tomislav (blizzard)
splendid screen (proven)
winger (yeef)
overdose
overdose
atomizer
quick-fix
quick-fix
soda popper
soda popper
(and quite a few pre-über-update items for people who need them specifically for crafting into new weapons)
Proven doesn't even play demo :'[[[[[[[

Ceebs

esc said:
I'm sorry :(. I didn't wanna play srs pants on a pub server that's why I went Direct Hit. I woulda switched if you told me.
I was so not talking about anything from last night :). I was just bitching in general.

Yeef

I got the booties as a drop. That's good since it's the most expensive recipe. Now I just need the mantreads, the bust and the winger to have everything.

Also, new medic taunt is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom