• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I joined Badwater and my team could not get the third point at all. I was providing so much help as Spy, killing/sapping sentries left and right (as well as backstabbing Heavies) and my offensive-classed teammates were not doing it =/ I'm pretty sure they were all new.

It kinda sucked =/ And I know the other team was bad because I'm not the best Spy and I would always get them.

PsychoRaven said:
Meh. I'm having a blast with the 360 controller myself. lol
I started with the 360 version and I have no idea how you can say this. Have you tried m/kb, at least?

Tonight I'm buying 5 keys and opening them all randomly. If I get anything great I'll be giving the other keys away but that most likely won't happen lol.

Yeef

So I'm thinking we should get a second server setup sometime tonight. We pay monthly, so if things die die we can always just get rid of it. I'll talk to Remy when i get home from work (around 7ish EST). I also got a Strange Shotgun and Rocket Launcher this morning. I'm definitely keeping the shotgun (just because I seem to be of the few that use it for all classes that can), but I'd be willing to part with the rocket launcher maybe.

DogWelder

Yeef said:
So I'm thinking we should get a second server setup sometime tonight. We pay monthly, so if things die die we can always just get rid of it. I'll talk to Remy when i get home from work (around 7ish EST). I also got a Strange Shotgun and Rocket Launcher this morning. I'm definitely keeping the shotgun (just because I seem to be of the few that use it for all classes that can), but I'd be willing to part with the rocket launcher maybe.
Do you want anything in particular for the RL?

Yeef said:
So I'm thinking we should get a second server setup sometime tonight. We pay monthly, so if things die die we can always just get rid of it. I'll talk to Remy when i get home from work (around 7ish EST).

I'm all for it.

Also if anyone finds themselves with an extra Strange Minigun, I'll be very interested in trading for it :D

Anony

Yeef said:
why
the gaf server is empty most of the day
it's either full from 9est to 12-2est, or it's empty

AcciDante

Yeef said:
Strange pain train for the rocket? :D

omg there's a Pocket Medic for the Heavy?

8eGWf.png

Must fight urge to buy...

Ceebs

Baha said:
I've got a nametag to trade for 1 reclaimed if anybody is interested. I'm down to my last weapon to craft and all I need is a reclaimed.
I also have one for the same price I have been trying to put on TF2TP for the past few days.

yeoz

Yeef said:
I also got a Strange Shotgun and Rocket Launcher this morning. I'm definitely keeping the shotgun (just because I seem to be of the few that use it for all classes that can), but I'd be willing to part with the rocket launcher maybe.
Uh, I'll give you a hat or something for it.
http://www.tf2b.com/id/yeoz

edit: did you still want that winger? :D

Sanic

Weenerz took my #20 crate, but now that I know what it actually contained, i'm interested in having another 19-21 series crate again :p If anyone who doesn't care about such things is willing to part with one, let me know!

Weenerz said:
Take that as an omen, kb/m are best.

I have an inconveniently placed trackpad. Plus I've not played games on PC for like 10 years or something. My hand is fucked!

Any ideas? I have a 360 pad with the USB charge cable, but I don't think that can be used either?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Grimm Fandango said:

8eGWf.png

I admit, I bought the Meet the Medic bundle partially for that. And partially because fuck the recipes on some of the weapons. 8 Jarate? Really?

DarkKyo

Woot, got both strange launchers now.. that's all I need. Demo is still the only class where I prefer both vanilla guns, so this is perfect!

snack

Yeef said:
I'll trade you. :)

Zomba13

Anyone well versed in the trading of hats know if this is a good deal for me? I really want a Max head.

Giving: Unusual Trophy Belt (Sniper) with Ghost effect
Getting: (maybe) a Max Head

I really like my ghosts but don't much like the Trophy belt. It pretty much is just a little thing on the default sniper hat.

Proven

I prefer a gamepad too. The mouse is better for tracking, but I suck at tracking so I still aim similarly to being on sticks. The only two reasons I don't use a controller for TF2 was because I couldn't be bothered at the time I started playing regularly to get a one, and because it's really hard to learn how to rocket jump and still shoot in the air while using one, even with moving around controller binds.

MarkMclovin said:
I have an inconveniently placed trackpad. Plus I've not played games on PC for like 10 years or something. My hand is fucked!

Any ideas? I have a 360 pad with the USB charge cable, but I don't think that can be used either?
I believe the USB charge cable can be used. From my experiences with it, when you plug it into the 360 it treats it like a USB 360 controller, so the same should be true with the computer. To find out just plug it in, see if it gets recognized and any drivers load, then load up TF2.

Yeef said:
Awesome.

gibration

Of the new weapons so far I have the atomizer, the solemn vow, the quick fix and the reserve shooter. Anyone willing to trade any other new weapon that I don't have for the quick fix or atomizer?

DarkKyo

Zomba13 said:
Anyone well versed in the trading of hats know if this is a good deal for me? I really want a Max head.

Giving: Unusual Trophy Belt (Sniper) with Ghost effect
Getting: (maybe) a Max Head

I really like my ghosts but don't much like the Trophy belt. It pretty much is just a little thing on the default sniper hat.
Dude, you could totally trade that for another unusual(equal or lesser effect, ghost is mid-range I think). Trading an unusual for a max head is trading down, you'll lose quite a bit of value.

Zomba13

Dechaios said:
Dude, you could totally trade that for another unusual(equal or lesser effect, ghost is mid-range I think). Trading an unusual for a max head is trading down, you'll lose quite a bit of value.
Thanks. Guy said he was going to spend some time trying to get an unusual to trade for mine of a class I play and am ok at (like soldier). If he can't he said he'd do it for the Max head. I might try and get him to throw in something else, like a Bills hat. He has 2 of them.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
LukeSmith said:
I click Start Playing and then... I wait.

Where's the "get in a game quickly" button

Just tested it out, the first time about 100 different matches were found a second after I clicked "Start Playing". The second and third time, though, it took a long time to find any matches.

I'd suggest you just use the server list, it looks like the servers you get while using the matchmaking are Valve servers.

snack

ArtistDude88 said:
Since when is trading an unusual for a Max Head a trade down?! From my understanding Max Head is the most expensive thing in the game ($100+)
It's not worth as much now. I think it goes for around 3.5 buds at the moment.

Grimm Fandango said:

8eGWf.png

I actually got one of those as a drop, but I got an offer for a numbered craft of the Soldier's dress shirt, and Heavy's probably my least-played class, so I gave it up.

I did wear it briefly, it looks a little odd, less like the Teddy and more like the Heavy has an action figure in his (new) pocket. Some people may prefer that, though.

DarkKyo

ArtistDude88 said:
Since when is trading an unusual for a Max Head a trade down?! From my understanding Max Head is the most expensive thing in the game ($100+)
I'd take a max head over a shitty unusual, but I think a mid-to-high unusual trumps Max's head on all counts. I might be wrong, though.
Kulock said:
I actually got one of those as a drop, but I got an offer for a numbered craft of the Soldier's dress shirt, and Heavy's probably my least-played class, so I gave it up.

I did wear it briefly, it looks a little odd, less like the Teddy and more like the Heavy has an action figure in his (new) pocket. Some people may prefer that, though.

I'd say you got the better deal if that craft # is 100 or less. I got #58 Demo Turban. Traded it for a Bill's Hat.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ArtistDude88 said:
Definitely not. My brother got an ultra-rare Unusual earlier today that he traded for eighteen fucking earbuds

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
snack said:
Which Unusual was that? lol
A Honcho's Headgear with a purple glow. He just randomly unboxed it. So he's going to use the earbuds to get himself one or two unusuals of his own and save the other 10 or so to maybe trade or turn to money at a later date.

snack

The_Technomancer said:
A Honcho's Headgear with a purple glow. He just randomly unboxed it. So he's going to use the earbuds to get himself one or two unusuals of his own and save the other 10 or so to maybe trade or turn to money at a later date.
Sweet! That's an epic combo.

Baha

Zomba13 said:
Thanks. Guy said he was going to spend some time trying to get an unusual to trade for mine of a class I play and am ok at (like soldier). If he can't he said he'd do it for the Max head. I might try and get him to throw in something else, like a Bills hat. He has 2 of them.

A Max's head + a bills for your unusual is a good deal since your hat goes for about 3 buds so you would be getting a little extra.

Dechaios said:
I'd say you got the better deal if that craft # is 100 or less. I got #58 Demo Turban. Traded it for a Bill's Hat.

That was my thinking. It's going to have a lot more permanent demand if I want to trade it, and for right now I don't. The guy said he pretty much mained Heavy, and hardly played Soldier, so it worked out for both of us.

Otherwise, I feel dumb for trying to craft a new hat (and failing, and wasting a few other hats "Rebuilding Headgear") when the patch first hit, when I should've been crafting weapons, I probably would've gotten a few numbered ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom