• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

The sad part is, the teams got scrambled after we won as RED that round, and I was put on RED again. Next I walk out of spawn and see the same exact event happening.

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:
Remember earlier when I had said that there were a large number of styles being submitted and were going to be included in the Uber update?

Well, the person who organized all those creators got a reply back from Valve

So looks like next patch

]
Do you have a link to what the new styles are? I wonder if my hats will change.

DarkKyo

Capt.Haddock said:
how much strange weapons worth now?some one was selling one for 2 hats.Also anyone want Atomizer?
I'll trade you my Strange Chargin' Targe if you want it. I need the Atomizer.

Also, I am looking for a "Hound Dog" hat for Heavy. I really want it! Anyone got one they are willing to trade? Willing to trade either Heavy Football Helmet or Towering Pillar of Hats for one.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I swear to god my brother has the best luck. So he bought six keys for the hell of it. Opened up six crates, got a Honcho's Headgear with Purple energy, which was so rare that he traded it for 18 pairs of Earbuds.

DarkKyo

The_Technomancer said:
I swear to god my brother has the best luck. So he bought six keys for the hell of it. Opened up six crates, got a Honcho's Headgear with Purple energy, which was so rare that he traded it for 18 pairs of Earbuds.
Makes me want to cry hearing that. I've probably spent like 40-50 bucks on keys to date :/

thefil

I have bought 7 keys so far (two hats, 5 misc) and I don't really feel ripped off. I find opening the crates to be fun unto itself, so it doesn't bother me that I'm not getting unusuals
I should never go to Vegas
. Plus, I like having a strange Grenade Launcher.

The Technomancer

Dechaios said:
Makes me want to cry hearing that. I've probably spent like 40-50 bucks on keys to date :/
This is the same guy who used his Christmas Key and got the Milkman hat, which was literally exactly what he was hoping for.

Dechaios said:
I'll trade you my Strange Chargin' Targe if you want it. I need the Atomizer.

Also, I am looking for a "Hound Dog" hat for Heavy. I really want it! Anyone got one they are willing to trade? Willing to trade either Heavy Football Helmet or Towering Pillar of Hats for one.
Do you have anyother strange weapon?.dont really play demo so..
Add Me btw

Ketch

Grimm Fandango said:
Even though the Detonator is glitched, fear not Pyros, we can still reach some critical areas.

Badwater near the final capture point

Goldrush, Stage A, into the attic

Also, Badwater in the map room you can get up to red spawn.

and Hoodoo 1 (I think) on defense you can get up on the right side that leads to the first capture point.

I played with it a lot last night and despite the lousy jump, I was still having fun with it... I like it a lot more then the stock flare gun. Seems like you use a detonator/axetinguisher combo like the jarate/bushwacker... just need more practice.

thefil

EasyTGT said:
Also, Badwater in the map room you can get up to red spawn.

and Hoodoo 1 (I think) on defense you can get up on the right side that leads to the first capture point.

I played with it a lot last night and despite the lousy jump, I was still having fun with it... I like it a lot more then the stock flare gun. Seems like you use a detonator/axetinguisher combo like the jarate/bushwacker... just need more practice.

Also on barnblitz at the last point you can get from the stairs to the locker room.

I bought the Team Captain, since it is the only hat that I gave a damn enough to buy it. Now, if they pull out a Mario Hat, I'll bite again.

Ketch

Can someone explain the strange weapon thing to me... slowly... with small words...

You don't use a key on a weapon right? cuss that doesn't make sense. You unbox them from any crate? or only certain ones? do the crate descriptions say that they contain strange weapons? And then you level them up by getting kills with them but it doesn't actually change anything?

The Technomancer

He's going to use 8-10 of the buds to get two unusuals for himself, and sit on the rest, maybe find a way to safely trade for cash at a later time. He offered to get me one as well, but I don't care enough about unusual, so I'm just going to take advantag....er, ask him for a single earbuds worth of regular hats. Which is still like...13 hats.

EasyTGT said:
Can someone explain the strange weapon thing to me... slowly... with small words...

You don't use a key on a weapon right? cuss that doesn't make sense. You unbox them from any crate? or only certain ones? do the crate descriptions say that they contain strange weapons? And then you level them up by getting kills with them but it doesn't actually change anything?
If a Level 19 and upwards crate's description lists weapons, then if you get a weapon, it will be a Strange Weapon.

Getting kills with these will add to the kill count in their description, and at certain kill counts the weapon's prefix will change to higher ranks: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_strange_weapon_ranks

Wallach

EasyTGT said:

Any weapon that comes out of crate series 19, 20, or 21 will be a "strange" weapon. You can see which strange weapons are possible by looking at the list of possible weapons on the crate tooltip.

Strange weapons record the kills you make with that weapon, and the name of it changes as you reach certain numbers of kills.

The_Technomancer said:
He's going to use 8-10 of the buds to get two unusuals for himself, and sit on the rest, maybe find a way to safely trade for cash at a later time. He offered to get me one as well, but I don't care enough about unusual, so I'm just going to take advantag....er, ask him for a single earbuds worth of regular hats. Which is still like...13 hats.
why are buds worth so much?

..and I can theoretically trade my set for hats?

edit: also, any value for a Strange Natasha (which is now a Mildly Menacing Natasha)?

thefil

The_Technomancer said:

You are telling me I can get 13 hats for my worthless earbuds?

The Technomancer

Dreams-Visions said:

They're a promo hat and they were actually semi-difficult to get (since you had to own a Mac at the time of Mac release to get them) so they're kind of the next level currency beyond Refined metal. And yeah, you could probably get a lot of hats for them, you just have to be careful.

thefil

The_Technomancer said:
They're a promo hat and they were actually semi-difficult to get (since you had to own a Mac at the time of Mac release to get them) so they're kind of the next level currency beyond Refined metal. And yeah, you could probably get a lot of hats for them, you just have to be careful.

Any recommendations on where to set up such crazy trades?

Proven

Dreams-Visions said:

edit: also, any value for a Strange Natasha (which is now a Mildly Menacing Natasha)?
Limited time offer from when TF2 came to Macs. You could only get one if you logged in on a Mac at any time during the release weekend (someone here on GAF helped a bunch of people out). Many PC users cried. Also, it's an Apple product.
The_Technomancer said:
So your brother is now TF2 rich. The bastard.

The_Technomancer said:

Proven said:
Limited time offer from when TF2 came to Macs. You could only get one if you logged in on a Mac at any time during the release weekend (someone here on GAF helped a bunch of people out). Many PC users cried. Also, it's an Apple product.
fascinating. I'm kinda new to the item hustle, but I felt like I saw so many people with buds that week (I also have a pair from my Mac) that I didn't think of them as semi-rare. Makes sense now. I'll be on the lookout for good deals, as there are definitely some other things I'd like to have.

thefil

Dechaios said:
I'll trade you a bunch of hats for your buds! But if you wanna look elsewhere that's cool too.

I think I'll sit on the idea of trading them for a bit. I never seem to be happy when I make decisions too quickly.

Out of curiosity, where does the limited soldier medal sit on the trade value scale? I have one of those, too.

Grimm Fandango said:
Has the drop rate been weird for anyone else? Played about an hour today and idled for a bit, got nothing. Only got about 4 or 5 drops since the update.
Ya,i think it is broken.I idled for 5 hours,got 3 crate,and a direct hit.

DarkKyo

thefil said:
I think I'll sit on the idea of trading them for a bit. I never seem to be happy when I make decisions too quickly.

Out of curiosity, where does the limited soldier medal sit on the trade value scale? I have one of those, too.
Wow!! Those are really rare. I am very jealous. If you cared you could easily start trading up to an unusual hat(shiny effect hat)...

Sounds like you aren't even trying and you're more well off than I am, lol.. well here is my backpack just look it over sometime and tell me if something interests you maybe.

http://tf2b.com/?id=blackkyo

Forkball

I just thought of something, what happens if you name a strange weapon? I guess it would lose it's prefix, but does that mean it stops going up in rank? Or if you name it, and then it ranks up, do you lose the original name? In theory you could just name your weapon "Hale's Own Minigun" to fool everyone.

I got some crates #18/19 if one wants them.

What can I get from a Tyrant's Helm? I want to get rid of that crap. Or if anyone wants to trade it for a Scout/Sniper hat, would be better.

Yasae

Banned
Wallach said:
Any weapon that comes out of crate series 19, 20, or 21 will be a "strange" weapon. You can see which strange weapons are possible by looking at the list of possible weapons on the crate tooltip.

Strange weapons record the kills you make with that weapon, and the name of it changes as you reach certain numbers of kills.
Which is really fucking annoying for other players to see.

thefil

Dechaios said:
Wow!! Those are really rare. I am very jealous. If you cared you could easily start trading up to an unusual hat(shiny effect hat)...

Sounds like you aren't even trying and you're more well off than I am, lol.. well here is my backpack just look it over sometime and tell me if something interests you maybe.

http://tf2b.com/?id=blackkyo

Well, I've been playing on and off (more on than off) since the Heavy update. I got the medal because I follow the blog pretty obsessively (I really like the "mythos") and got the earbuds because I, well, own a Mac.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/thefil

As you can see, in terms of actual drops and items though I'm quite poor. I never idle (not a fan of it on principle) and mostly just save up to craft metal into hats.

*edit* And I gave one of my hats to my girlfriend, so I'm actually down one. :p

Proven

Eviction Notice is powerful, but only with random crits. Melee still has a higher crit rate than guns, and now you have a faster chance to get them, plus the increased rate of punches will keep your crit rate up high enough. If you can sneak in with the Buffalo Steak it's even better I think. Use it primarily while getting caught off guard or out of ammo right after a fight and be amazed.
Forkball said:
I just thought of something, what happens if you name a strange weapon? I guess it would lose it's prefix, but does that mean it stops going up in rank? Or if you name it, and then it ranks up, do you lose the original name? In theory you could just name your weapon "Hale's Own Minigun" to fool everyone.
From playing Thursday night, I noticed that if you renamed a Kritzkreig to something like "Time To Die!" then when someone's spectating you or getting healed it'll read as "Medigun(Time to Die!)". So naming a strange gun as "Hale's Own Minigun" may make it come out as "Hale's Own Hale's Own Minigun".

Ketch

thanks for the baby steps walk through for the strange weapons.

Also, if that was the medic update then I can't wait for the pyro update. Save the best for last, it's got to be epic-- Armageddon, the world is burning ect... can't wait for 2015 when that comes out.

edit: they need to add an option to not see the server alerts that need you to press K

edit edit: they should just have it show up in text the same way cheese mints do

Wallach

The_Technomancer said:
Series 19 is where the strange weapons start, right? If so, I'd trade you some other crates or some scrap or misc weapons for the 19 crates.

Yeah, #19 is the Demo set of potential strange weapons (targe/sticky/grenade/eyelander).

Been playing for an hour or so. So much better than the 360 version, it's nuts.

Is there anyway to get the PS3 controller working with it? I have the controller hooked up via motionjoy, but I can't look around with the right stick, and the left stick turns and walks at he same time. I don't think any buttons work either.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Does anyone know how to fix this error I keep getting when I try to watch or save a replay?

GetDynamicBaseline: FindStringIndex(175-CTFFlameThrower) failed.

Weenerz

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
Been playing for an hour or so. So much better than the 360 version, it's nuts.

Is there anyway to get the PS3 controller working with it? I have the controller hooked up via motionjoy, but I can't look around with the right stick, and the left stick turns and walks at he same time. I don't think any buttons work either.

Take that as an omen, kb/m are best.

Baha

I've got a nametag to trade for 1 reclaimed if anybody is interested. I'm down to my last weapon to craft and all I need is a reclaimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom