• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarthWufei said:
I hate to get into this, but what's the best route to go to sell an item? Maybe trade, but I don't care about hats.

I have a Villains' Veil I wanna get rid of, it sucks because all the best drops I get are for classes I don't play. I had an unusual kabuto helm for solider way back when.
Villian's Veil?! Whoa, what do you want for it?

I also LOVE hearing Dog chasing car whining about Snipers. =D

Grimm Fandango said:
I see 4 people idling, wtf guys :(

Yeah, if you are idling on the GAF server you might want to consider the fact that there are likely multiple people waiting for a slot to open up. (Bathroom breaks are fine)

DarkKyo

God damnit... everytime I rise to the top of a scoreboard in the GAF server my hl.exe suffers some fatal error and the screen stutters and shuts down back to desktop.

Usually only happens to me in the GAF server :/

DarthWufei said:
I hate to get into this, but what's the best route to go to sell an item? Maybe trade, but I don't care about hats.

I have a Villains' Veil I wanna get rid of, it sucks because all the best drops I get are for classes I don't play. I had an unusual kabuto helm for solider way back when.
If you are selling your villain's veil for money you should probably look up the Mann Co. store price and sell it for less than that.

leroidys

OK I'm not usually one to complain about this kind of stuff but...

Free 2 play has ruined the game for the time being. I can rarely change my loadouts because of how hammered the servers are, and playing with 90% new players in any room is fucking irritating. I know it will get better in a couple weeks, but...

Also, a 3rd of all teams is always spies now.

DarkKyo

leroidys said:

Free 2 play has ruined the game for the time being. I can rarely change my loadouts because of how hammered the servers are, and playing with 90% new players in any room is fucking irritating. I know it will get better in a couple weeks, but...

I'm pretty annoyed by it too. Things were great for us long-time players before they handed the game out to anyone. Now I have to wait at least 20 minutes to get into all of my favorite servers-- even the ones I donate to and am a VIP of.

(the reason for this is that all of the less popular servers on that network are being loaded with non-VIP free players, forcing the VIPs to all attract to one of a few popular servers.. as a fellow VIP I can only kick and replace non-VIPs and am stuck waiting in line behind an entire 32 person server of VIPs..)

Forkball

leroidys said:

Don't you have a list of favorite servers? Most of the newbies seem to be on Valve's servers. But yeah, Steam is getting hammered. I can't even load the store right now and there's 3.5 million people on. It's going to be worse if the summer sale comes this week. I'm just hoping Valve has a bug fix patch coming up to smooth everything out. I'm surprised they didn't upload one on Friday, but their servers were probably imploding from everyone DLing TF2.

Sober said:
It's his credit card number.

I replied with "idfa" lol

Anyway does anyone know if the My Brilliant Career achievement for Sniper (Top the scoreboard 10 times on teams of 6 or more players) is glitched? I just played the majority of a match as Heavy, swapped to Sniper at the end, and got the highest spot. But no progress was made in the bar.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Grimm Fandango said:
I replied with "idfa" lol

Anyway does anyone know if the My Brilliant Career achievement for Sniper (Top the scoreboard 10 times on teams of 6 or more players) is glitched? I just played the majority of a match as Heavy, swapped to Sniper at the end, and got the highest spot. But no progress was made in the bar.
My bet is Vavle is smart enough to prevent that, and you likely have to play Sniper the whole round.

Anony

jesus fucking christ, i'm fucking done with tf2 for a while
i tried crafting the detonator via class crafting because there's a 50/50 chance i might get it
i got TWO FUCKING FLAREGUNS IN A ROW

just fuck you valve /rant

i'm just gonna idle from now on, fucking wasting my time playing the game

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thanks for the "Be Efficient," wankers. :)

Suck horrible because DERP CLASS WEAPONS THAT ARE BETTER THAN YOURS LOLOLOLOLOL. :| (Well, that and I suck with Demoman)

Think I'm going to wait to continue playing TF2 until I have a PC that's not going to melt down and gives me more than 8-30FPS.

Proven

leroidys said:

Sounds like you need to play Pyro and get your BarbeQQ achievement for the lulz.

Weenerz

Banned
Anony said:
i tried crafting the detonator via class crafting because there's a 50/50 chance i might get it

You are aware that the blueprints give you the option of creating exactly that weapon right? Why gamble when you can get a sure thing?

DarkKyo

Anony said:

Welcome to the club.

Btw, that is completely your fault as there is a blueprint that specifically spits out only detonators.

DarkKyo

Anony said:
obviously, but i'm cheap, and it was good odds compared to anything else
Apparently not...

I just don't see how you can complain when you willingly took the easy route knowing that it might fuck you repeatedly.

corn_fest

So I just got back, having been gone since Wednesday... wow. I really didn't think they would do the F2P thing, but it seems like the drawbacks are fair. Looking forward to playing with the new stuff.

Baha

Anony said:

Wait, so you spent more than 2 reclaimed and 2 flare guns to craft a weapon that requires 2 reclaimed and 1 flare gun to craft? Ouch. There are crafting recipes if you look.

Proven

EmCeeGramr said:
What exactly is the reason for the rate on the server being restricted so low?
You mean the player count? It's because the game was designed for 24 players and most of us prefer it 24 instead of 32. The only reason 32 servers is because of an unfixable exploit or something.

Proven said:
You mean the player count? It's because the game was designed for 24 players and most of us prefer it 24 instead of 32. The only reason 32 servers is because of an unfixable exploit or something.
I'm not talking about player count, I mean the tick rate.

It's back up to 25000 (which is standard but still kinda low) but last week or the week before it was something crazy like 15000, which is practically dial-up levels.

hemtae

Does anybody have any advice for playing a scout? I really like playing him but I can never really do more than be a mild annoyance and maybe capture a few places.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
hemtae said:
Does anybody have any advice for playing a scout? I really like playing him but I can never really do more than be a mild annoyance and maybe capture a few places.
Flank and only shoot to kill. Then get out. Up close you do ~95 on average.

Yeef

hemtae said:
Scout is all about movement. use your mobility to sneak behind players and attack before they know you're there. If you're forced into a face-to-face battle use your speed and double jump to confuse while you attack (or retreat).

DS4oT.gif

Thorndyke

Neo Member
If there is anyone interested in learning how to play the game on a more competitive level, there might be a good chance to start by signing up for this.

http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?t=46199

Ozfortress is an austrailian based tf2 website, that runs the biggest comps for the ozzie/nz scene. So, it would prob be best if you were based in this area for ping reasons.

Comp is obviously a lot more serious, and there is weapon/class restrictions (6 vs 6 player format) but it is quite a different style from pub which I know I appreciated.

For an idea of what a comp match looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khzo7w6wqc8
eXtv does some really good vids IMO and commentary on understanding what is happening in a game.

jasonng

Had a blast in my short time on the Gaf server. Feels extremely weird to come back to this game (been absent since before crafting was introduced). I've jumped in a few other servers so it's not just the Gaf server, but does anyone know why my game literally freezes for two - three seconds every time I use my mic? I think you guys can hear me too when I was talking so it may just a visual thing? I'm on a mac if that matters.

Yasae

Banned
Dechaios said:
Dem graphics.
I get a few frames out of having them so low. Unfortunately I can't use dual-core rendering as that crashes my game on map change.

My CPU and TF2 were released in the same year, but of course it's just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom