• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obsessed said:
I'm starting to get discouraged. It seems no matter what class I play I can barely ever manage to get kills. Not sure if it is because the average GAFer has more TF2/FPS experience than I do, or if I am doing something wrong.

I mean I can shoot 4 rockets at a medic and the splash damage doesn't finish him off.... yet it seems two rockets will always finish me off.

I'm starting to think direct combat isn't really my thing. Maybe it would be better to put my time into Engineer.
Hmm...sounds like you need to rack up some kills just for reassurance purposes. I'd suggest that you go with a Heavy or Pyro.

Heavy: If you go with a heavy, make sure that the doctor is focused on healing you. If there is no doctor on your team or if the doc is helping someone else, be tentative when walking into a door/opening. Always walk into new doorway with your minigun spinning (hold mouse button 2) and gather as much information as possible with every sliver of the room you begin to see. Look far away first to make sure there are no snipers (who are always quick to take advantage of the slowness of the Heavy when firing...and if there is a sniper let go of the mouse button and get back under cover fast), then medium, then close range. You should be able to win most medium and all close encounters unless you're struggling to keep the targeting circle on the opponent. That will come with time.

Pyro: Going Pyro is going to mean you getting familiar with maps and understanding how you can use them to your advantage. Since the Pyro is an up-close class, running down long corridors is NOT going to work for you...but hiding around corners and on the hidden side of doorways will. :) I assume you've played your fair share of Call of Duty and Halo, right? I assume you have a shotgun load-out in those games? Same principles apply. If you're playing a shotty type of game, you rely on taking people by surprise and rushing them down. Dropping down from above. Coming up from behind them unexpectedly and blasting them in the back. You will do all the same things with the Pyro. Some things to be aware of, though:

1. When you're running forward and blasting the flame thrower, it doesn't have as long a reach as it does if you're standing still or backpedaling. Make decisions on when and where to engage accordingly.

2. Unlike a shotty load-out in CoD, the flamethrower doesn't get instant kills. You have to keep the flames on them and burn them for a few seconds. If you just want to light them on fire, you can hit them when any length of burst. They will slowly lose energy until the fire goes out or they die.

3. Always shoot a burst of fire at everyone who looks like a teammate as they go by. If they're set on fire, they were actually a spy! Kill them. ^.^

That said, with the Pyro, you're going to get kills so long as you play smart and begin to understand the maps.

Generally speaking, the more time you play, the more familiar you'll get with each map (like in any FPS). And the more familiar you get, the better your strategies will become. It can take several hours to understand the peculiarities and particulars of each class...and then several hours on each map to understand how the classes best work on said map. But that's part of the reason why even several years later, the TF2 community is as alive as it ever has been. It's truly a team game and everyone has an important role to play in their own way; a role that takes a long time to understand and perfect. You'll see. Just stick with it.

Oh, and lay off the Engie/Spy/Scout for awhile. I think those are the hardest classes to get good at/rack up kills at. Soldier is kinda difficult because of the flight time of each rocket.

(sorry this was so long. I just felt your pain [all of us were there in the beginning to some degree] and didn't want you to give up)

edited in disclaimer: these are really just my ideas. I think all of the classes are incredibly diverse in terms of strategy and learning curve. I just think that these 2 classes (along with the Medic) provide a slightly lower entry point.

DogWelder

Obsessed said:
I'm starting to get discouraged. It seems no matter what class I play I can barely ever manage to get kills. Not sure if it is because the average GAFer has more TF2/FPS experience than I do, or if I am doing something wrong.

I mean I can shoot 4 rockets at a medic and the splash damage doesn't finish him off.... yet it seems two rockets will always finish me off.

I'm starting to think direct combat isn't really my thing. Maybe it would be better to put my time into Engineer.
Aim directly for his feet by predicting his movements. Aim where he is going, not where he is. I would use the Black Box if I were you as it increases survivability. I'd also advise for you to reduce your mouse sensitivity; it takes me 50 cm of horizontal mouse movement to do a full 360 onscreen (0.9 in-game mouse sensitivity [explains why I get wrecked as a fatty by pyros up-close, but I'm too lazy to set cfg files]). I literally have to lift the mouse up twice to turn my character around. I don't think you should reduce it that much, but the default imo is way too high for most classes. Also in the TF2 launch options, paste this:
Code:
-noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd
It turns off mouse acceleration, which is a detriment to your playing abilities.

Don't be discouraged, the soldier isn't really the easiest class to start with, despite what a lot of people would have you believe.

Disclaimer: These are just my opinions, I make an okay soldier.

Edit: YAY, NAME CHANGE! Thanks bish!

Blizzard said:
I traded for a strange natascha today, since I wanted at least one strange weapon without buying a key. Natascha used to be able to slow scouts, but honestly I think you can go almost point blank range, maybe 5 feet away, and people hardly seem to slow at all. The spinup time is slow, and the damage is incredibly bad. I haven't checked whether it still stops demo charges. That would at least be useful, since I suspect it will hardly handle scouts now.

Valve really nerfed it into being almost completely unused as far as I can tell, presumably because people playing scout hated being slowed down so much. Everyone seems to figure tomislav will be nerfed. I just hope it, and heavy, don't get nerfed so much to be practically unusable like natascha. :p
Oh! So I'm not crazy.

The entire time, I was thinking that the weapon didn't seem as effective as it used to be. Before the last week or so, I hadn't played TF2 for probably 6-8 months. Back then, Natasha seemed like a good weapon in many situations. I pick it back up this past week and couldn't really find anything good about it and thought maybe my skills had simply diminished or something. I moved on to the Brass Beast as soon as I could craft it. Now that you spell it all out, the nerfing is really obvious to me now and that's too bad. Tt was the only reason to equip the weapon at all. So yea, I may play with it every once in awhile because the name is cute...but after that novelty wears off, it'll be on the shelf.

I wonder how long until Tomislav is nerf'd too. DAT non-existent startup. :-(

Yasae

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
It means you're a pretty cool guy!

And I was sort of busy and couldn't mention that Yeef traded paints with me, so, yeah. Thanks anyway, though.
It's also the color of envy. Give me those paints or else..

BJjv8.jpg

Sciz

Dreams-Visions said:
Heavy: If you go with a heavy, make sure that the doctor is focused on healing you. If there is no doctor on your team or if the doc is helping someone else, be tentative when walking into a door/opening. Always walk into new doorway with your minigun spinning (hold mouse button 2) and gather as much information as possible with every sliver of the room you begin to see. Look far away first to make sure there are no snipers (who are always quick to take advantage of the slowness of the Heavy when firing...and if there is a sniper let go of the mouse button and get back under cover fast), then medium, then close range. You should be able to win most medium and all close encounters unless you're struggling to keep the targeting circle on the opponent. That will come with time.
Addendum: After ensuring that you are out of any sniper's sight, open fire on the space immediately behind you. There will be a spy there. This is always the case.

Second Addendum: A few seconds later, do this again. The spy was using the Dead Ringer.

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
Yes, that's the best thing, using the pistol. If it were just crits on the gun itself, it still reloads too slowly to make it very useful in my opinion. With the pistol, it seems pretty good.

I traded for a strange natascha today, since I wanted at least one strange weapon without buying a key. Natascha used to be able to slow scouts, but honestly I think you can go almost point blank range, maybe 5 feet away, and people hardly seem to slow at all. The spinup time is slow, and the damage is incredibly bad. I haven't checked whether it still stops demo charges. That would at least be useful, since I suspect it will hardly handle scouts now.

Valve really nerfed it into being almost completely unused as far as I can tell, presumably because people playing scout hated being slowed down so much. Everyone seems to figure tomislav will be nerfed. I just hope it, and heavy, don't get nerfed so much to be practically unusable like natascha. :p
You've finally come to your senses, Blizzard.

Gooooooooood.

Hul8A.png

Dreams-Visions said:
Oh! So I'm not crazy.

The entire time, I was thinking that the weapon didn't seem as effective as it used to be. Before the last week or so, I hadn't played TF2 for probably 6-8 months. Back then, Natasha seemed like a good weapon in many situations. I pick it back up this past week and couldn't really find anything good about it and thought maybe my skills had simply diminished or something. I moved on to the Brass Beast as soon as I could craft it. Now that you spell it all out, the nerfing is really obvious to me now and that's too bad. Tt was the only reason to equip the weapon at all. So yea, I may play with it every once in awhile because the name is cute...but after that novelty wears off, it'll be on the shelf.

I wonder how long until Tomislav is nerf'd too. DAT non-existent startup. :-(
Natascha used to be quite good. The slowing effect did not reduce over distance like it does now, making it a formidable side-grade.

It's among the strongest nerfs in TF2 history. It's really awful now, nobody gets killed by it and nobody uses it. I think I last died to a natascha months ago.

Drkirby said:
Just keep at it. Use the normal rocket launcher (Direct hit has less splash Damage), or maybe give the pyro a try.

I'm using the normal launcher actually.

Dreams-Visions said:
Pyro: Going Pyro is going to mean you getting familiar with maps and understanding how you can use them to your advantage. Since the Pyro is an up-close class, running down long corridors is NOT going to work for you...but hiding around corners and on the hidden side of doorways will. :) I assume you've played your fair share of Call of Duty and Halo, right? I assume you have a shotgun load-out in those games? Same principles apply. If you're playing a shotty type of game, you rely on taking people by surprise and rushing them down. Dropping down from above. Coming up from behind them unexpectedly and blasting them in the back. You will do all the same things with the Pyro. Some things to be aware of, though:

Oh, and lay off the Engie/Spy/Scout for awhile. I think those are the hardest classes to get good at/rack up kills at. Soldier is kinda difficult because of the flight time of each rocket.

(sorry this was so long. I just felt your pain [all of us were there in the beginning to some degree] and didn't want you to give up)

I've been using the Pyro, but... my results have varied. Sometimes I manage to rack up kills, other times I just fail miserably.

On some maps it feels like it is impossible to ambush enemies. Certain "Push the Cart" levels basically have no alternate routes.

Sometimes I find myself ambushing an enemy, and they still kill me before I kill them. Well really, that generally happens with Solider/Demo/Heavy. I realize taking on a Heavy is kind of dumb as a Pyro. However, the Demo and Soldier seem to just soak up way more damage than they should.

And actually, I never played COD, and my Halo experience was limited to local multiplayer in Halo 2 every now and them.

Engie may be hard, but he is hard for different reason (if I understand the class correctly). While the Scout/Sniper requires precision, the Engy seems to be all about learning maps. I could always ask my teammates for placement advice on new maps as an Engie.

Yasae

Banned
DogWelder said:
Aim directly for his feet by predicting his movements. Aim where he is going, not where he is. I would use the Black Box if I were you as it increases survivability. I'd also advise for you to reduce your mouse sensitivity; it takes me 50 cm of horizontal mouse movement to do a full 360 onscreen (0.9 in-game mouse sensitivity [explains why I get wrecked as a fatty by pyros up-close, but I'm too lazy to set cfg files]). I literally have to lift the mouse up twice to turn my character around. I don't think you should reduce it that much, but the default imo is way too high for most classes. Also in the TF2 launch options, paste this:
Code:
-noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd
It turns off mouse acceleration, which is a detriment to your playing abilities.

Don't be discouraged, the soldier isn't really the easiest class to start with, despite what a lot of people would have you believe.

Disclaimer: These are just my opinions, I make an okay soldier.

Edit: YAY, NAME CHANGE! Thanks bish!
Bish gets all the credit again.

I definitely find the new rocket lawnchair to be easier to use. It shoots faster so you don't have to predict movement nearly as much (and foes have less opportunity to dodge,) plus it still has the same big splash radius. One less consecutive rocket doesn't stretch you too thin offensively.

Sciz said:
Addendum: After ensuring that you are out of any sniper's sight, open fire on the space immediately behind you. There will be a spy there. This is always the case.

Second Addendum: A few seconds later, do this again. The spy was using the Dead Ringer.
*golf clap*

Yasae said:
Natascha used to be quite good. The slowing effect did not reduce over distance like it does now, making it a formidable side-grade.

It's among the strongest nerfs in TF2 history. It's really awful now, nobody gets killed by it and nobody uses it. I think I last died to a natascha months ago.
ib0gf8.gif

I'd get crushed...but I'd catch you slipping at least once :)

Obsessed said:
I've been using the Pyro, but... my results have varied. Sometimes I manage to rack up kills, other times I just fail miserably.

On some maps it feels like it is impossible to ambush enemies. Certain "Push the Cart" levels basically have no alternate routes.

Sometimes I find myself ambushing an enemy, and they still kill me before I kill them. Well really, that generally happens with Solider/Demo/Heavy. I realize taking on a Heavy is kind of dumb as a Pyro. However, the Demo and Soldier seem to just soak up way more damage than they should.

And actually, I never played COD, and my Halo experience was limited to local multiplayer in Halo 2 every now and them.

Engie may be hard, but he is hard for different reason (if I understand the class correctly). While the Scout/Sniper requires precision, the Engy seems to be all about learning maps. I could always ask my teammates for placement advice on new maps as an Engie.

I agree with all of that. Don't let me stop you from experimenting with the Engie. You'll want to play with the class long enough to get your rhythm and build-orders which will vary from game type to game type. I'm sure there are some "best practices" videos on YouTube.

As for the Pyro, yea...in games like the cart if you're defending you just kinda have to wait for them to come to you and utilize the corners and corridors to your advantage. When attacking, most maps will have a few ways to get somewhere at varying parts of the map. You'll see.

Others may disagree, but I recommend joining servers that constantly run the same map over and over again (so that you can get a rhythm). I'd suggest a dedicated 2Fort server (Capture the Flag), which is good for learning ALL classes. I'd suggest a dedicated 5Gorge (Control Point) server as well for learning the stressful job of the Engineer. After 4 or 5 hours of that gametype, you'll have a helluva build order and speed perfected. Something like Goldrush or Badwater dedicated server for your Payload experiences.

$0.02

Yasae

Banned
Obsessed said:
I'm using the normal launcher actually.

That's going to be a common theme with pyro. Their damage output is shockingly bad. The only viable way to go up against a heavy is with axetinguisher crits, and even that takes a puff of fire and two solid melee hits (he might even survive if he's at full overheal.) You could also try flaregun crits from a distance if you've burned away enough health.

Use cover and don't take on most classes directly. You don't have the damage output to do it.

Yasae

Banned
For example, the Backburner does what? 60 DPS full-on crits? That's complete shit. Pyros also tend to get trash crits much less often than most classes, not that they're of any real use.

OTOH, reflected projectiles turn into mini-crits.

Dreams-Visions said:
Others may disagree, but I recommend joining servers that constantly run the same map over and over again (so that you can get a rhythm). I'd suggest a dedicated 2Fort server (Capture the Flag), which is good for learning ALL classes. I'd suggest a dedicated 5Gorge (Control Point) server as well for learning the stressful job of the Engineer. After 4 or 5 hours of that gametype, you'll have a helluva build order and speed perfected. Something like Goldrush or Badwater dedicated server for your Payload experiences.

$0.02

I'll take that advice.

Anyway is build order exactly what it sounds like (the order in which you build your gizmos) because if so do you have any advice?

Yasae said:
For example, the Backburner does what? 60 DPS full-on crits? That's complete shit. Pyros also tend to get trash crits much less often than most classes, not that they're of any real use.

OTOH, reflected projectiles turn into mini-crits.

Yeah Backburner can finish of the small classes easily, but the med/heavy classes..... that is when you start to notice that your damage really isnt so great.

Speaking of reflected projectiles, is it me, or is it insanely hard to actually reflect Demoman projectiles? I try defending sentry nests sometimes, and it feels like they can fire them faster than I can reflect. Also when I reflect them they just kind of... roll on the floor really slowly and take forever to explode. It makes fighting Demoman frustrating.

Blizzard

Banned
Reflecting demoman projectiles can be done, and getting a reflect pipe kill is awesome, but reflect against demos to do damage is not too useful in my opinion, especially since as far as I know, the demoman has explosive resistance even if you reflect stickies and he explodes them on himself. Mainly, reflect is useful to protect yourself/teammates from the projectiles, and especially to clear a doorway or something if you're at an angle where you can actually knock the stickies back.

To add to the tips earlier:

Heavy: Instead of spinning up your gun and then walking into a doorway, experiment with jumping sideways through the doorway, spinning up your gun midair. This will let you move faster, but still have the gun ready pretty much by the time you land, hopefully catching enemies offguard. On the flip side, if you do it in the wrong place you may get nailed by a sentry or something, but even a sentry can be killed if you're close enough to it/spun up/the engineer isn't there/it's pointed the wrong direction.

Pyro: If you are trying for kills instead of just airblast/spycheck defense, definitely make sure to get the axetinguisher through achievements, drops, or whatever. Even if you don't have the degreaser yet, normal flamethrower + axetinguisher should let you set enemies on fire, puff them in the air, press Q to switch (if axetinguisher was your other last used weapon), and left click to axe them. Practice with the timing. I don't really use normal flamethrower anymore since the degreaser has awesome fast switching, but I think you SHOULD be able to use it effectively if you can bounce enemies up against walls.

You might also try soldier if you can predict rockets and aim reasonably well. Don't be afraid to use rocket jumping (jump, crouch, fire at ground) as a DEFENSIVE measure to shoot yourself backwards and out of harm's way, so you can survive. Spamming rockets near enemies and at chokepoints can get you some kills. Rocket jumping forwards to attack enemies can be good when you're good, but I think it's also an excellent way to get yourself killed. Don't be afraid to quick switch to your shotgun and learn to aim it well, or get the buff banner and play it safe so you can get minicrit boosts for your team. :)

Chinner

Banned
so the quick-fix is pretty terrible and isn't effective. I think it could be fixed if they either allowed over-heals, or made it so it had a quicker uber time but the medic doesn't get ubered (like the video).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jenga said:
so anyone have the new spy hat or a rose wanna trade for hatless sniper and googly eye pyro?
"Does anyone want to trade me the awesome new spy hat or rose for a bad sniper hat and least good pyro Misc?"

Grinchy

Banned
Someone gave me 8 paints for a strange direct hit. Is that a good trade? It sounded like it at the time.

edit: had to change it to 8 paints

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Grinchy said:
Someone gave me 7 paints for a strange direct hit. Is that a good trade? It sounded like it at the time.
Sounds pretty good to me. I don't think the strange weapons will be worth that much. The only minor issue I would have is I don't think I would have enough hats to want to paint with 7 different colors.

Which paints anyway?

KarmaCow

Chinner said:
so the quick-fix is pretty terrible and isn't effective. I think it could be fixed if they either allowed over-heals, or made it so it had a quicker uber time but the medic doesn't get ubered (like the video).

I haven't used it that much but I think it needs over heal more. If the medic doesn't get the uberhealing they're basically fucked since they don't have someone killing everyone else with crits. Then it's just limited to standing in the back, topping people off, which a kritz or normal medigun can do almost as well, but with overheal and a better uber for pushes.

Grinchy

Banned
Drkirby said:
Sounds pretty good to me. I don't think the strange weapons will be worth that much. The only minor issue I would have is I don't think I would have enough hats to want to paint with 7 different colors.

Which paints anyway?
Yeah I definitely don't have enough hats for these paints. It was 2 purples, indub green, some others. The 2 purples were the only pair and then 6 other random colors.

I just figured a bunch of paint would trade well. I still want my Crocleather Slouch hat...

Inkwell

Banned
Grinchy said:
Yeah I definitely don't have enough hats for these paints. It was 2 purples, indub green, some others. The 2 purples were the only pair and then 6 other random colors.

I just figured a bunch of paint would trade well. I still want my Crocleather Slouch hat...
I've got one you can have. I don't know when I'll be able to give it to you. I'll try to be on steam today. Sometime between 10am and 2pm est. I may be pretty busy this week so I can't really tell you what other times I'll be on.

Zomba13

Jenga said:
that's worth dirt
When the tie is on you know it's business time.

A friend who doesn't play TF2 much at all (last time was way before the Rift items) just gave me his Bill's hat, Genuine Hetman's Headpiece and Janissary Ketche and Lumbricus Lid. All for free. Super generous.

Ceebs

Baha said:
You're right, it's dirt compared to the Sight for Sore Eyes in trading. Anyways, any medic players here interested in a Doctor's Sack?
Haha good luck with that. I have one I can't get rid of.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rlan said:
A delightful little Engie tactic video I did for Barnblitz. Similar to the things you can do in Badwater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGRXtcHRe8
I've seen similar done before. I kinda wish there was a way to prevent ninja teles.

As for effectiveness, you have a long way to go grasshopper.

Most effective placements are those that force players to turn around (corners they run past), force them to look for the sentry (in grass), shoot them at an angle from the bottom (hilly maps and put gun on the bottom), or, and this is my fave, the sentry behind cover.

E.g. in barnblitz on the first point, but a mini or lvl 1 sentry on the other end of the platform (where cart moves down). I killed or assisted on 10 deaths because players can't see it and we stopped them on the first point. The ramp hides the gun and protects it. The gun is super accurate and will still shoot the enemy.

Saty

Any RIFT players? I got the Well Spun Hat Claim code for that game and can't to do with it anything. It's not tradable in-game so i thought offering the code for TF2-Rift players in return to a weapon\hat gift.

thefil

I had the most amazing time last night. My girlfriend is new, so we were playing on one of the Valve servers (tip: if you feel like you're dying a lot, join via the "Start Playing" dialog and you'll get put with all the other new players). I didn't want to be too influential to the game, as it really sucks as a newbie to get stomped by someone better than you. Tried a few classes, and finally settled on Huntsman Sniper.

Except, instead of standing back and firing arrows, I snuck around Thunder Mountain using very few ranged attacks, focussing on Jarate + Bushwacka and the taunt kill. It's amazing how many escape routes there are on the map to just get the hell out when you've been compromised. I felt like I was playing spy without cloak or disguise.

In the end, I still topped the team score, but our team lost so I don't feel like I was abusing newbies.

Sober

Blizzard said:
Reflecting demoman projectiles can be done, and getting a reflect pipe kill is awesome, but reflect against demos to do damage is not too useful in my opinion, especially since as far as I know, the demoman has explosive resistance even if you reflect stickies and he explodes them on himself. Mainly, reflect is useful to protect yourself/teammates from the projectiles, and especially to clear a doorway or something if you're at an angle where you can actually knock the stickies back.
I thought explosive resistance only affected your own explosives? When you reflect a pipe or rocket, it becomes yours (pipe changes colour), so they take as much damage as anyone else should.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I used an old key I had and uncrated a Strange Rocket Launcher. It keeps track of your kills

Will trade for some hats or metal or something. I only have two hats total so I'm not too picky

DarkKyo

dave is ok said:
I used an old key I had and uncrated a Strange Rocket Launcher. It keeps track of your kills

Will trade for some hats or metal or something. I only have two hats total so I'm not too picky
What hats do you have?

Proven

Sciz said:

Why I love playing with Sciz.
Dreams-Visions said:
Random thoughts:
Oh yea, and the Strange Natasha...as someone was mentioning in the game, the only disappointing thing about it is that..well...it's a Natasha. Good for dealing with Scouts I guess...but in other match-ups, you lose a lot. Every time I go out with the Heavy, I think about the fact that I'd rather be going into battle with the Tomislav or Brass Beast. It's fun upgrading the name of a Strange weapon...but at a cost of making the class less effective? It probably won't be on my Heavy very often. Even though I enjoy watching my beautiful profile pop up on everyone's screen. lol
Natasha can still be somewhat effective, I think. I tend to notice the slow when it hits me, even if it hits me, and I had a friend who hadn't played TF2 in about two years playing with me yesterday who won't switch off of it. It's still a Heavy weapon, so it'll still shred classes at close range even if it takes longer, and it's more than fine for support fire even if you have to be super accurate or very lucky to get enough random spread bullets to hit. All in all, it's still a lot worse than was before, sadly, but with its low damage output it'd be a better candidate for a spin up time reduction more than anything else the Heavy has. I'm tired of hearing arguments like "slow" and "stun" don't "belong" in an "FPS".

I may consider trading for that Strange Natasha if you're tired of it. If he's still using it after another day or two he'll probably never switch anyway.
Obsessed said:

Yesterday I went along with three friends and we played on a random server together. On it, I was both helping them and a lot of the newer players a lot about places to defend and staying together. If I get on TF2 later I should probably try again with some people. You get all of the help from a friendly GAFfer and none of the rage from other friendly GAFfers constantly dominating you.
Sober said:
I thought explosive resistance only affected your own explosives? When you reflect a pipe or rocket, it becomes yours (pipe changes colour), so they take as much damage as anyone else should.
"Explosive resistance" is equal for everything unless you're using a shield or the Rocket Jumper. What you're thinking about is "Self Damage", and even a Pyro can get that if he's reflecting pipes and rockets and the resulting explosion nicks him.

Ketch

Obsessed said:

Lots of advice for you so far from the rest of these guys, but that's all crap. I constantly find myself in that same situation and the #1 best advice is just don't give up. You're in a slump, you'll come through it, you'll pwn face, and it will be GLORIOUS.

Just know that there is light at the end of your death tunnel and all you have to do is ride the death train to deathsville and get killed when you get there... like a hundred times. But it'll be worth it when you finally shove a rocket down stupid kuro's face and share a laugh as he goes "Bwahaha! Oh Ketch! You finally got me!" but deep down inside you know that's it not funny, there are no jokes... this is deadly serious.. and they're all gonna pay.

edit: heavy is for babies.

Baha

EasyTGT said:
Lots of advice for you so far from the rest of these guys, but that's all crap. I constantly find myself in that same situation and the #1 best advice is just don't give up. You're in a slump, you'll come through it, you'll pwn face, and it will be GLORIOUS.

Just know that there is light at the end of your death tunnel and all you have to do is ride the death train to deathsville and get killed when you get there... like a hundred times. But it'll be worth it when you finally shove a rocket down stupid kuro's face and share a laugh as he goes "Bwahaha! Oh Ketch! You finally got me!" but deep down inside you know that's it not funny, there are no jokes... this is deadly serious.. and they're all gonna pay.

edit: heavy is for killing babies.

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom