• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Do you have a higher chance of getting drops related to the class you are currently playing as? I had two Homewrecker drops on one day and two Detonators the next. I've never had this happen to be before the recent update

On the subject of the Detonator, have they genuinely nerfed the flare jumping from the beta, or is it glitched?

Mafro said:
Do you have a higher chance of getting drops related to the class you are currently playing as? I had two Homewrecker drops on one day and two Detonators the next. I've never had this happen to be before the recent update

On the subject of the Detonator, have they genuinely nerfed the flare jumping from the beta, or is it glitched?
Well, the official TF2 wiki mentions it as a "bug".

derFeef

I never used the Loch n Load before, but tried it this weekend and I am in love with it. I really don't know why because you could probably achieve the same with the GL, but the higher traveling speed of the nades really clicks with my playstyle.

commissar

MNC said:
Wow, every server nets me a 150+ ping :/ It's not my internet connection... What the heck is happening? :(
Does this happen on other source games? What about non-source? Steam/Non-Steam?
Is your router secure? All running processes accounted for?

Gotta narrow that down :/

vanty

Just did the autoexec.cfg thing to make the low and high pitched hitsounds, goddam it's satisfying ahah. Firing off a flare, hearing things go didididing DONG. Reflecting a rocket and hitting like 4 guys BONG.

Mafro

vanty said:
Just did the autoexec.cfg thing to make the low and high pitched hitsounds, goddam it's satisfying ahah. Firing off a flare, hearing things go didididing DONG. Reflecting a rocket and hitting like 4 guys BONG.
What is this? I only realised last night that you can enable that sound (has that option always been there?) and someone told me how to change the pitches with console commands, but I've forgotten how.

Zomba13

I suck so much with spy. Well, I either suck super badly or have the worst luck. Like, an engie will move just as I go to backstab him after being still/repairing something for a bit. Or there is a narrow gap I want to get through to get behind enemy lines and just as I go there some demo decides to run through there into my face.

Mafro said:
What is this? I only realised last night that you can enable that sound (has that option always been there?) and someone told me how to change the pitches with console commands, but I've forgotten how.

tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg - sets the pitch when doing maximum damage with your weapon, a lower pitch is recommended in most cases, standard is 100
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg - sets the pitch when doing minimum damage with your weapon, a higher pitch is recommended in most cases, standard is 100

I'm just testing it myself to find what settings I'm happy with, but here's what I've currently got in my autoexec.cfg file:

Code:
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg "50"
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg "150"

thefil

vanty said:

Even better is a series of backstabs.

*edit* Hit my item cap for the first time ever :(

I love this game.

Proven

dragonlife29 said:
I had a very good run on, uh...I forget the name, but the pl one that starts near a bridge above water, has three points, and ends with a downhill slope. I was on RED and decided to equip the Kritz medigun. I should really use it more. Anyway, pic!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578926744461528067/29FF687DD78CF5DE59EB15CE04FCEB9C94948F5E/[img]

And Firebrand, I didn't mean any offense when I said bastard. I felt kinda bad afterward since I didn't know if it sounded like I was actually angry or something :P [spoiler]Ace Attorney <3[/spoiler]

Oh! And thanks to Artemis/Spec for the gifts. I got the Sultan's hat for Demo because of that. Very nice. Speaking of hats, I love my green Medic hat. Thanks again for the paint, Yeef <3[/QUOTE]
From the picture and your description it looks like pl_ThunderMountain stage 2. And don't worry, I'm sure Firebrand is used to it by now, dirty Spy that he is.

As for the two youtube videos, very, very nice.

Thanks guys for the great matches yesterday. I kept hopping back in to sneak a couple matches in even when I had other stuff to do, like getting a haircut.

Been away from the game for some time, so I'm not familiar with the layout of many of the maps. My apologies for jumping the gun and ubering people needlessly. I have kind of a twitchy finger, and I hate when someone one-shot kills me with an uber ready. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MrOogieBoogie said:
Weird to me to see a backpack so organized.

And I need more time as everyone besides Spy. :p

Yeah, I have it right now as 'Dropped Weapons', 'Class Hats/Misc', 'All Class Hats/Misc', 'All Vintage Pre MannCo Weapons (Plus Gifts!)' 'Mann Co to Uber Weapons' and 'Uber Weapons (Plus random items)'.

The weapons are sorted by class, slot, release date. I do have the Big Kill and Lugermorph on the Post Mannco weapon page, but that is mainly since they aren't vintage. Tried a few times last night to get a maul and three rune blade, failing.

Mafro

Kulock said:
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg - sets the pitch when doing maximum damage with your weapon, a lower pitch is recommended in most cases, standard is 100
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg - sets the pitch when doing minimum damage with your weapon, a higher pitch is recommended in most cases, standard is 100

I'm just testing it myself to find what settings I'm happy with, but here's what I've currently got in my autoexec.cfg file:

Code:
Thanks. I'll give that a try later after work.

Corto

Noob here. I have a strange grenade launcher to offer the first to quote me. I have no use to it as demoman is not my cup of tea. And if someone is interested how do I proceed to gift it to that person?

yeoz

Corto said:
Noob here. I have a strange grenade launcher to offer the first to quote me. I have no use to it as demoman is not my cup of tea. And if someone is interested how do I proceed to gift it to that person?
Just trade it to them for nothing.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Corto said:
I'll take it, if it's still going.

So I traded my unusual pugilist protector with ghosts for a professors peculiarity, a physicians procedure mask, and an unusual medic mountain cap with purp confetti. Was that a good trade? Anyone know? And would anyone have any lucrative methods to make profit from trades?

Blizzard

Banned
Kulock said:

Code:
Is that one of the things that you can change with class-specific configs? I don't think I've ever really messed with them, but right now my hitsounds are probably almost silent, and I'd love to make these two changes:

1. Turn hitsounds back where I can hear them, but turn them low or off for pyro. Otherwise other classes are fine, but pyro goes dingdingdingDINGDINGDING and damages what's left of my hearing.

2. Turn auto-weapon-reload OFF for spy, but on for all other classes. I love autoreload for everything except the spy pistols...maybe the demo weapons too actually. It presumably doesn't actually affect your aim to fire in the middle of a reload animation, but the animation is very distracting for those classes.

Baha

Juancho9 said:
So I traded my unusual pugilist protector with ghosts for a professors peculiarity, a physicians procedure mask, and an unusual medic mountain cap with purp confetti. Was that a good trade? Anyone know? And would anyone have any lucrative methods to make profit from trades?

Hmm I think it was. You got another ghosts unusual + a purple fetti unusual and a nv. hat. Lemme check with a friend real quick.
[EDIT] OK you definitely got a great deal. The purple fetti cap & ghosts professor are low in number atm (You may have the only ones in the game) making them more valuable than they should be. Congrats.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Blizzard said:
Is that one of the things that you can change with class-specific configs? I don't think I've ever really messed with them, but right now my hitsounds are probably almost silent, and I'd love to make these two changes:

1. Turn hitsounds back where I can hear them, but turn them low or off for pyro. Otherwise other classes are fine, but pyro goes dingdingdingDINGDINGDING and damages what's left of my hearing.

2. Turn auto-weapon-reload OFF for spy, but on for all other classes. I love autoreload for everything except the spy pistols...maybe the demo weapons too actually. It presumably doesn't actually affect your aim to fire in the middle of a reload animation, but the animation is very distracting for those classes.
Make a reset.cfg and set the sounds and auto-reload on, then in each class cfg put exec reset.cfg at the top, and then add the stuff you want to be class specific.

DarkKyo

Anyone see this? Hahaha.

DEDAz.jpg

Baha

I have an extra strange shotgun, looking for a strange rocket launcher. Also have an extra strange GRU, looking for a strange natascha or strange pain train.

Baha

Chinner said:
i just checked the trading forums, strange weapons are going at stupid prices, jesus.

Lots of vanilla loadout players out there. I'm surprised it took Valve this long to implement such a feature on weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom