• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Dechaios said:
Yeah, unless it's a strange targin' charge, pain train, or GRU...
Or Natascha. I got one from a friendly GAF person for just a couple of items, I think...but it's not like I'd ever get many kills with it. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want a strange pain train, how much are they going for?

thefil said:
Do crates stop dropping after your item limit too? I was only able to get two of the new crates. :(
Yeah. I think despite what people thought before, they do count as normal drops. Most likely have something like a 15% change of dropping.

Yeef

You people are boring. Strange primaries that are easy to get kills with seem pointless to me. Secondaries and bad weapons like the pain train having a lot of kills is much more impressive.

thefil

Yeef said:
You people are boring. Strange primaries that are easy to get kills with seem pointless to me. Secondaries and bad weapons like the pain train having a lot of kills is much more impressive.

They need Peculiar weapons, which only track taunt kills.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hate you TF2 trading site. I offered items for strange pain train, yet I am offered a Strange Eyelander! Its worth more, but I want a pain train!

Baha

Got my stuff, can't wait to start killing with a strange pain train now. Btw, anybody have an extra GRU? I can offer a demo, heavy or sniper random weapon in exchange.

DarkKyo

Yeef said:
We are boring? I play Demo all the time with vanilla weapons. Hmm.. let's see, would I rather be killing with ordinary, unchanging weapons? Or maybe I'd like to have rank-up weapons so there is something to work towards while I play vanilla Demoman. Which option is more "boring" of the two?

Besides, I don't use bad weapons so the pain train is useless for me.

Dechaios said:
We are boring? I play Demo all the time with vanilla weapons. Hmm.. let's see, would I rather be killing with ordinary, unchanging weapons? Or maybe I'd like to have rank-up weapons so there is something to work towards while I play vanilla Demoman. Which option is more "boring" of the two?

Playing vanilla demo at all is boring.

Evlar

Banned
SteelAttack said:
What are strange items exactly?
They change names automatically as you rack up kills with them. And the item name is purple. And they drop from crate series #19, #20, and #21.

Built-in bragging rights, in other words.

DarkKyo

wartime1020 said:
What? It is boring.
I guess when you play it is.
The_Technomancer said:
Wartime be trolling.

I usually run mostly vanilla demo, although I'll swap out the melee weapon for the Caber or occasionally the Pain Train
Yeah I never have the scotch bottle on for Demoman, so I guess what I play is 2/3 vanilla :p

Evlar said:
They change names automatically as you rack up kills with them. And the item name is purple. And they drop from crate series #19, #20, and #21.

Oh, thanks. I definitely saw a few announcements on that regard during yesterday's matches.

DarkKyo

Evlar said:

Item name is more of a dark yellow...

Evlar

Banned
Dechaios said:
Item name is more of a dark yellow...
Really? I could've sworn I saw purple yesterday. I don't have any myself.

EDIT: NM, apparently saw an Unusual item and thought it was Unremarkable.

Chavelo

Do you have a tendency to collect every star on your favorite platforming game?
How about smashing through every billboard to get that special carbon edition of the best car around?
Do you spend hours and hours doing failed one-frame link combos to get all the titles and icons in that crappy update of a game featuring the trolling twins?

Well, if you also like TF2, you should check out TF2LS and start your journey on collecting every goddamn weapon and hat this infernal game offers. This is a godsend for me since for the last two days I've been in a trading frenzy to collect all of the available weapons in this game right now...

I hate you SO MUCH, VALVE. Also, here's my money. Again. D:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Strange Pain Train is mine! Over paid by at least 2x IMO (Considering I think in 1 or 2 weeks prices for a lot of strange weapons will crash), but got it for 2 Reclaimed.

Now to wait for Pyro and Spy Crates, and to hope Valve doesn't kill 19-21 to quickly.

Baha

Drkirby said:
Strange Pain Train is mine! Over paid by at least 2x IMO (Considering I think in 1 or 2 weeks prices for a lot of strange weapons will crash), but got it for 2 Reclaimed.

Now to wait for Pyro and Spy Crates, and to hope Valve doesn't kill 19-21 to quickly.

2 reclaimed for a strange pain train is not over paying. In fact you underpaid, congrats.

Baha

Juancho9 said:
Is a strange eyelander worth anything?

It's worth more than other melee strange weapons atm. more than 1 refined, maybe 2. You could trade it for a strange secondary or primary weapon though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Baha said:
2 reclaimed for a strange pain train is not over paying. In fact you underpaid, congrats.
At the moment, yes (In reality, it is likely a proper price, since I am not seeing any moving at the 1 rec 1 ref price)

I still think in a weeks time the "hard to kill with"/unused weapons will be going for 1 reclaimed each. (So GRU and Pain Train)

Shotguns will stay high for a while, but will come down steadily, since it will be in 4 crates, making it the most common in the end. The things to look out for are stuff like the Rocket Launcher and Mini-gun, since if the current series of crates gets killed next week or something, they will stay high in price. (Valve Killed Series 10 though 12 one week after release, and 13 to 15 two weeks after release)

You have things like Series 9 crates which dropped for 3 months though, which really brought the value of paint down. I wonder if Valve may be tricky and eventually add strange weapons to drops too.

Yeef

Dechaios said:
They are both equally boring, but the second is more annoying since it shows a lack of creativity and spams the announcement windows with kill upgrades on a weapon that's easy to get kills with to begin with.

Dechaios said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Using a 'strange' weapon that you're going to use anyway is boring. Using a strange weapon that's hard to use is much more exciting and interesting.
Chavelo said:
Do you have a tendency to collect every star on your favorite platforming game?
How about smashing through every billboard to get that special carbon edition of the best car around?
Do you spend hours and hours doing failed one-frame link combos to get all the titles and icons in that crappy update of a game featuring the trolling twins?

Well, if you also like TF2, you should check out TF2LS and start your journey on collecting every goddamn weapon and hat this infernal game offers. This is a godsend for me since for the last two days I've been in a trading frenzy to collect all of the available weapons in this game right now...

I hate you SO MUCH, VALVE. Also, here's my money. Again. D:
Pfft. I don't care about hats and I already have all non-reskin weapons in the game except for the bust (for which i just need 1 more jarate).

http://tf2ls.com/id/Yeef

I've already beaten your game!

Chavelo

BTW, I really wanna play with you guys over at the GAF server, but I guess due to the F2P move, everytime I try to join the server is always full. :p

Also, does anyone have a spare Bushwacka, Claidheamh Mòr, or Fan O'War that they're willing to trade for? D:

Yeef said:
Pfft. I don't care about hats and I already have all non-reskin weapons in the game except for the bust (for which i just need 1 more jarate).

I've already beaten your game!

Ha, that's awesome. :p The one thing I said to myself not to start doing once the item trading started is the one thing I'm mostly doing now thanks to this update.

DarkKyo

Yeef said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Using a 'strange' weapon that you're going to use anyway is boring. Using a strange weapon that's hard to use is much more exciting and interesting.
To you.

We just feel differently about it. But thanks for shoving your opinion down everyone's throats.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
At the moment, yes (In reality, it is likely a proper price, since I am not seeing any moving at the 1 rec 1 ref price)

I still think in a weeks time the "hard to kill with"/unused weapons will be going for 1 reclaimed each.
Wat?

Strange weapons reset when traded. Getting a bunch of kills ona strange weapon won't change it's value at all.

Dechaios said:
To you.

We just feel differently about it. But thanks for shoving your opinion down everyone's throats.
Yes, to me. That goes without saying. And "shoving my opinion down everyone's throat" is quite the hyperbole.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeef said:
This is why I'm hanging onto my strange G.R.U as well. If I can manage to rack up kills with that damn thing...

DarkKyo

The_Technomancer said:
This is why I'm hanging onto my strange G.R.U as well. If I can manage to rack up kills with that damn thing...
See that's the thing, if it's not a weapon that I normally have fun using, some dumb rank name isn't going to make me want to use it more. Use it a lot and I won't enjoy myself, use it a little and I'll never rank it up. It's just pointless in my eyes... I'd much rather have strange versions of the weapons I already use all the time.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Dechaios said:
See that's the thing, if it's not a weapon that I normally have fun using, some dumb rank name isn't going to make me want to use it more. Use it a lot and I won't enjoy myself, use it a little and you'll never rank it up. It's just pointless in my eyes... I'd much rather have strange versions of the weapons I already use all the time.
Well I almost always have the GRU equipped, I just don't think that I've ever killed someone with them.

EDIT: Still some major gaps that I'm trying to fill out: http://tf2ls.com/id/the_technomancer

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Wat?

Strange weapons reset when traded. Getting a bunch of kills ona strange weapon won't change it's value at all..
No, not that. I am talking about the fact that more crates will get opened up in the quest for unusual hats. The "average" trading server person thing trying to get an unusual hat will get roughly 80 strange weapons in the process. Due to that, strange weapons will become more common, and their value in metal/hats/keys will go down. (Plus, they still have a 4 in 5 chance finding them in any crate that normal people will open)

Didn't know the kills reset, IMO thats good news. Now I don't have to worry about things like a clean strange weapon.

I personally love the pain train in general, great for capping points and pushing carts, and does the same amount of damage as the default melee weapons.

Yeef

MNC said:
What are genuine items?
Promo items that you got from the actual promo. For example, if you got the witcher sword from actually owning The Witcher 2 it'd be genuine. If you crafted it it won't be.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MNC said:
What are genuine items?
Genuine items are items obtained by purchasing a game with promo items within the promo period. This was done so that after the game is out, the items will be put into the normal drop/craft system, and you can tell the difference of the ones obtained by buying the game, and the ones that were crafted.

Promo items that were crafted (Such as the Three Rune Blade) will have Yellow Text instead. For many items, Genuine doesn't go for much more then the normal version, due to actually being the more common version (Though I think people are starting to adopt the "Vintage" mentality with them, that they are "limited")

Also to note, while the Three Rune Blade can be crafted, it is a generic craft, and has right now a 1/8 chance of getting it. And the generic craft isn't cheap, it requires 8 weapons crafted into a scout token, melee token, and scrap metal. As such, to almost a 50% chance of getting the Three Rune Blade, you would have to do 5 generic crafts, costing 40 weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom