• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

corn_fest

Chavelo said:
Well, if you also like TF2, you should check out TF2LS and start your journey on collecting every goddamn weapon and hat this infernal game offers. This is a godsend for me since for the last two days I've been in a trading frenzy to collect all of the available weapons in this game right now...
Thanks for the link, this site is going to be the death of me.

webrunner

Drkirby said:
Genuine items are items obtained by purchasing a game with promo items within the promo period. This was done so that after the game is out, the items will be put into the normal drop/craft system, and you can tell the difference of the ones obtained by buying the game, and the ones that were crafted.

Promo items that were crafted (Such as the Three Rune Blade) will have Yellow Text instead. For many items, Genuine doesn't go for much more then the normal version, due to actually being the more common version (Though I think people are starting to adopt the "Vintage" mentality with them, that they are "limited")

Also to note, while the Three Rune Blade can be crafted, it is a generic craft, and has right now a 1/8 chance of getting it. And the generic craft isn't cheap, it requires 8 weapons crafted into a scout token, melee token, and scrap metal. As such, to almost a 50% chance of getting the Three Rune Blade, you would have to do 5 generic crafts, costing 40 weapons.

It's worth noting that items like the Three Rune Blade are reskins of existing weapons (in this case, the Boston Basher)

Items like the Sharpened Volcano Fragment which have unique stats, have recipes.

The only weapons with unique stats that cant' be crafted or achievement-milestoned are the Sticky Jumper and the Rocket Jumper.

Baha

(._.) said:
I have a strange natasha. WTT it and a hat for a strange shotgun, rocket launcher or scatter gun.

PSA time, atm these are the only available strange weapons with crate #:

[19] The Chargin' Targe
[19] Grenade Launcher
[19] Sticky Bomb Launcher
[19] The Eyelander
[20] Rocket Launcher
[20] Pain Train
[20/21] Shotgun
[20] Direct Hit
[21] Gloves of Running Urgently
[21] Natascha
[21] Minigun

yeoz

webrunner said:
The only weapons with unique stats that cant' be crafted or achievement-milestoned are the Sticky Jumper and the Rocket Jumper.
This is wrong, they can be crafted via class-token + slot-token + scrap-metal random crafting.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
webrunner said:
It's worth noting that items like the Three Rune Blade are reskins of existing weapons (in this case, the Boston Basher)

Items like the Sharpened Volcano Fragment which have unique stats, have recipes.

No, you can do the Generic crafts on the two Launchers. They actually have pretty good odds too. Thats how I got my Sticky Launcher (I like many bought the Rocket Jumper day one since it was store exclusive at the time and only $.49)

If anyone has a Strange Shotgun/Rocket Launcer/Stickybomb Launcer, I'm willing to trade some hats for them.

Edit: Unless Dave is ok trades with me his Strange Rocket Launcher.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Sgt.Pepper said:
If anyone has a Strange Shotgun/Rocket Launcer/Stickybomb Launcer, I'm willing to trade some hats for them.

Edit: Unless Dave is ok trades with me his Strange Rocket Launcher.
I have a Strange Shotgun now too. I added you to my Steam friends list yesterday, I'll be on after 5pm EST today if you still want to trade

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
dave is ok said:
Does anyone actually know what happens to Strange Weapons above 10k kills yet?
Right now, doesn't seem to be anything but the fancy name. They should catch fire IMO.

strangeweapons2.png

Also, I find this relevant.
strangeweapons.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Grimm Fandango said:
What is the point of the additional damage vulnerabilities for the Rocket/Sticky Jumper? Isn't the lack of damage from the weapon enough of a setback?
It turned out it wasn't. I think Valve really doesn't want it to be a viable weapon, since it screws with balance.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Why won't this stupid game find a server for me dammit :( I figured there would be even more servers now, but I basically have to wait hours before something happens :/

Dakota47

Bufbaf said:
Why won't this stupid game find a server for me dammit :( I figured there would be even more servers now, but I basically have to wait hours before something happens :/

Just use the server list. If you're from the old continent I can tip you a couple of servers.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dakota47 said:
Just use the server list. If you're from the old continent I can tip you a couple of servers.
I am, and I tried, nothing's coming up in the server list, too :/

Baha

Dakota47 said:
I just coached once, last Friday iirc. The item appeared in my backpack about an hour ago.

Fyi, when f2p players upgrade their accounts to premium by buying something from the mann co store, they are able to gift those speks to someone on their friends list who "referred" them. Check your friends list and see who you have to thank for the speks.

Blizzard

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
What is the point of the additional damage vulnerabilities for the Rocket/Sticky Jumper? Isn't the lack of damage from the weapon enough of a setback?
I don't feel like the rocket jumper needs the additional damage setback, but yeah, apparently people were doing too well for Valve's taste with the sticky jumper. =/

Dakota47

Baha said:
Fyi, when f2p players upgrade their accounts to premium by buying something from the mann co store, they are able to gift those speks to someone on their friends list who "referred" them. Check your friends list and see who you have to thank for the speks.

Ah so that is it. A buddy of mine upgraded tonight, so I must have gotten it from him. Meh, I thought this was a great incentive to do some coaching.

Yeef

Honestly, I think Valve needs to decide if they want the jumpers to be for training or 'for real' weapons. If they want them to be strictly for training I'd change the vulnerabilities to 'all incoming attacks deal critical damage.'

If they want them to be actual weapons they should come up with some downsides that make sense given the jumpers' upsides.

Conceptor

Played a few rounds on a couple of servers, and aside from the medic, every other class (except engie and spy) felt sluggish and ineffective to me..hm. Used to play as a decent soldier but I seem to have lost it. That video up there makes me really want to learn demo properly. Is the Sticky launcher + GL + ?? a standard loadout?

Yeef

Conceptor said:
Played a few rounds on a couple of servers, and aside from the medic, every other class (except engie and spy) felt sluggish and ineffective to me..hm. Used to play as a decent soldier but I seem to have lost it. That video up there makes me really want to learn demo properly. Is the Sticky launcher + GL + ?? a standard loadout?
Sticky Launcher, Grenade Launchers and Bottle is the default demo loadout. Everything probably felt sluggish after Medic because medic is the second fastest class in the game (barring special circumstances) with 107% movement speed. Scout's fastest with 133% speed, Demo is 93%, Soldier is 80% and Heavy is 77%. All the rest move at 100% speed.

After playing scout for awhile everything else feels slow.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
o and now my Esc key doesn't seem to do anything anymore. Except quitting the intro screen. Oh well, I can't play anymore and I can't quit anymore. I'll play something else :/

I should probably join a pub then and reclaim my top stats as Spy.

I went Engineer a while back on a pub and they just could not destroy my sentry, even with ubers. Now it's my most kills, most points, most damage, etc... And I hate Engy! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom