• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

24FrameDaVinci said:
I just opened a Mann Co crate for the first time and landed an Unusual Western Wear hat for Engy. Any good? Also got a strange highlander in another.
To be more honest... you lucky sonuvabitch. I hope you play Engy.

Oreoleo

24FrameDaVinci said:
Sniper is my primary, Engy is my #2. How rare is it?

Any Unusual hat is extremely rare. I can't think of any regulars in here who have one, or if they do they don't wear it or sold it off because they are so valuable.

DarkKyo

24FrameDaVinci said:
I just opened a Mann Co crate for the first time and landed an Unusual Western Wear hat for Engy. Any good? Also got a strange highlander in another.
What effect? I'd trade you a lot of my stuff for it.

MisterAnderson said:
I'm confused. Why is this the best thing to do? (in reference to summer keys)

Because that will upgrade it to a premium account from a F2P one. Just the idea that, if you are going to be keys at all, it might as well have an additional benefit.

wartime1020 said:
Because that will upgrade it to a premium account from a F2P one. Just the idea that, if you are going to be keys at all, it might as well have an additional benefit.

Having two steam accounts upgrades to a premium account if you haven't purchased TF2? Sorry, I'm still kind of confused as to the point or if I'm even getting this at all. What is the benefit of using keys in a "premium account" and do I already have a "premium account" if I purchased TF2?

Oreoleo

I've got an extra Ali Baba's Wee Booties and Family Business for trade for any of the other Uber Update weapons. The only other one I have is the Solemn Vow.

I've also got a Team Captain I desperately want to be rid of, for lots of metal

Weenerz

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
Having two steam accounts upgrades to a premium account if you haven't purchased TF2? Sorry, I'm still kind of confused as to the point or if I'm even getting this at all. What is the benefit of using keys in a "premium account" and do I already have a "premium account" if I purchased TF2?

You need to buy something from the Mann Co store to become premium, so its an easy way to get a premium f2p account.

Oreoleo

Weenerz said:
You need to buy something from the Mann Co store to become premium, so its an easy way to get a premium f2p account.

Only if you didn't pay for TF2 before it went Free to Play. Just to clarify.

Baha

Is it still possible to get the unusual haunted scrap metal on new accounts? Thinking of getting it for my 2 idle accounts.

So yeah, here it is in all its glory:

nGeRZ.jpg

Oreoleo

Messing with Sandboxie for idling purposes.. somehow I managed to get the Steam Overlay working.... in my browser on Netflix:

steamoverlaynetflix.jpg

Shift-Tab makes it appear/disappear as though I'm in game.

Oh PC's you so crazy!

Baha said:
Is it still possible to get the unusual haunted scrap metal on new accounts? Thinking of getting it for my 2 idle accounts.
Yes. You just need a server with the Headless Horsemann, many trading servers have it. That's how I got it, and that was after Halloween.

Or make your own servers, and use the console to spawn the guy.

Damn. There's a sale on hats and weapons and stuff. I told myself I'd never buy anything but the occasional key, but I'm really tempted to pick up some of these things for $.99.

Edit: I'm guessing crates don't trade for much. I still have a bunch from back when they first were released. I have: series 3, 4, 9, 19, 21 series. Are any of these sought after/rare/trade well? Or should I just keep them to open them eventually?

Edit 2: Lame I was definitely going to get the $.99 bundles for the hats plus the items it came with thinking I'd be able to use them to craft metals but I forgot that items bought on the store (will not be tradable or usable in crafting)

Wish I could say Spy is my most played class, but I've reset my stats twice... Scout is still like 200hrs ahead of my current Spy time, lol. Use to be Scout only 24/7 :eek:

Zomba13

24FrameDaVinci said:
So yeah, here it is in all its glory:

http://i.imgur.com/nGeRZ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Very Nice.
I had a Haunted Trophy belt that I traded for a Max head (I reeally wanted a Max head) I miss my ghosts but I'm not much of a sniper and the trophy belt is just some teeth on the normal sniper hat.
I still think ghosts are the best unusual effect.

Firebrand

Orellio said:
I've also got a Team Captain I desperately want to be rid of, for lots of metal
I'll trade you 4 refined + vintage items for it, because that's all I have :p I'd assume you can get a lot more for it though.

Just caved in and spent about $25 on sale items in the TF2 store. Went against my morals but I decided that I owed it to Valve since they are so awesome.

My promotional item for spending at least $20 in the store? The Pain Train.

DarkKyo

Do people still have any extra spy suits? I'm trading a set of Demoman golf hat+club for a spy suit, just figured I'd ask here since I remember people finding a bunch.

Ketch

enzo_gt said:
I trade you a Pyros Beanie and some extra doo dads for it!

chuckddd said:
Would you like an Old Guadalajara?

Noooo, I've had both of those hats already.. I was hoping for something newer or more unique... the demo hat is a set item after all, and everyone is running around with the new demo sultan knight get up, there must be somebody who's got a cool pyro hat for me.

Forkball

AWWW YEAH traded the Heavy shades for the Spy turtleneck. So in the end I got both things I wanted (turtleneck and mailbox).

Also the mailbox has the best kill icon in the game.
Postal_pummeler_kill_icon.png

AcciDante

Grimm Fandango said:
So I got a name and description tag for my Strange Minigun. Need suggestions.

Go.
How do nametags work on strange weapons? Does it just put the 'strange' title in front of whatever you name it?

Wallach

Bought the Summer pack with the Scout items and the all-class hat. Damn you Valve.

Also I still have some summer hats to trade for classes I don't plate, namely the Copper's Hard Top (Heavy) and Tam o' Shatner (Demo). I have two of the Demo ones. Mostly looking for Scout or Sniper hats, especially vintage hatless or a Larrikin Robin.

derFeef

Forkball said:
AWWW YEAH traded the Heavy shades for the Spy turtleneck. So in the end I got both things I wanted (turtleneck and mailbox).

Also the mailbox has the best kill icon in the game.
Postal_pummeler_kill_icon.png
Aww, mailbox would be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom