• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

I'm torn between painting my spy turtle neck black or my essential accessories black. Both look great in itemtest.

AcciDante

Baha said:
I'm torn between painting my spy turtle neck black or my essential accessories black. Both look great in itemtest.
Paint the accessories black and give me the turtle neck so you don't have to constantly wonder if you made the right decision. I am willing to do this for you because we are friends.

LukeSmith

I just uncrated a Strange Minigun - I don't really play Heavy (this is my second strange minigun) and I'd be more than willing to part with it.

I'm not terribly sure what the economy is like in this game or what does or doesn't have value, so I just ask that I not get fleeced too terribly in the deal. While I'm learning the game, I'm mostly playing Demo/Medic/Soldier so items for sweet loadouts for them is what I'm most interested in.

Baha

Trade it for a strange rocket launcher or strange sticky bomb or strange grenade launcher. You can trade 1:1 for those with your strange mini gun.

Narag

Finally gave TF2 a whirl for the first time forever on the gaf server. I was playing under the name Naricat and sorry if I sucked!

Sgt.Pepper said:
lol I traded mine like an hour ago for a Strange Stickybomb Launcher. Mostly because I'm liking the Liberty Launcher.

vader.jpg

Twice today.

Anyone else with a strange rocket launcher?

Ghost23

Where have people been able to get the item that looks like ipod headphones? I would trade anything for a pair of those. 0_0

Smithy C

I've only just started playing TF2 on the PC. It's really fun! I might jump into the GAF server soon, although I'm kind of hesitant to do so. My skills as a Heavy aren't very good. Also, I've ended up with a Vintage Razorback somehow. Does it being vintage mean it will break faster or something? Was thinking about playing Sniper, but I wouldn't want to SHOOT myself in the foot.

Baha

FuzzyNorman said:
Where have people been able to get the item that looks like ipod headphones? I would trade anything for a pair of those. 0_0

When tf2 was released for mac they were a promotional item for players logging onto tf2 from a mac. Now they're one of the most expensive hats in the game for trading.

Oreoleo

FuzzyNorman said:

When TF2 first got ported to Mac, anyone who signed onto the game via Mac for the first weekend were given buds automatically.

In retrospect, I should have tried harder to get my friend to let me install it on his laptop :(

Ghost23

Baha said:
When tf2 was released for mac they were a promotional item for players logging onto tf2 from a mac. Now they're one of the most expensive hats in the game for trading.

That's disappointing to hear...

What would be needed for a fair trade for a pair?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
scoobs said:
Am I missing something or is the pyros falre fun totally worthless? Shotgun is much more useful
The flare gun isn't useless. Although the shotgun provides more versatility in combat scenarios, hitting someone who's already on fire with a flare (say, at a distance) gives you a mini-crit. And if you have proskill aim, that possibly can be one shot to kill mid to long range vs. multiple shots with a shotty.

And the detonator is a whole other story of goodness.

Baha

FuzzyNorman said:
That's disappointing to hear...

What would be needed for a fair trade for a pair?

Depends, typically buds are worth 10 keys or 2 bills hats. So anything that is equivalent to that would be worth a buds. The problem is finding a seller willing to trade for anything but bills, keys or really popular hats.

Yeef

scoobs said:
Am I missing something or is the pyros falre fun totally worthless? Shotgun is much more useful
Flare gun is great for the low HP classes like scout, spy, sniper and engineer. Set them on fire, airblast then hit them with a flare for pretty much an instant kill. For the meatier classes the axstinguisher works better.

That said, I still prefer the shotgun n my Pyro. If the detonator was even half as good as it was in the beta I'd probably use it.

Baha said:
Depends, typically buds are worth 10 keys or 2 bills hats. So anything that is equivalent to that would be worth a buds. The problem is finding a seller willing to trade for anything but bills, keys or really popular hats.
Figures you guys would bring this up now. Just traded my pair for a Spy weapon. I didn't think they were valuable.

Baha

Yeef said:
Flare gun is great for the low HP classes like scout, spy, sniper and engineer. Set them on fire, airblast then hit them with a flare for pretty much an instant kill. For the meatier classes the axstinguisher works better.

That said, I still prefer the shotgun n my Pyro. If the detonator was even half as good as it was in the beta I'd probably use it.

Flare gun is great against Heavies too since they'll pull out their mini gun whenever they see a pyro making them slow and easy targets.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tkawsome said:
Figures you guys would bring this up now. Just traded my pair for a Spy weapon. I didn't think they were valuable.
Yeah, you were more or less scammed, UNLESS you got the Big Kill. (Even then, I think those ear buds are worth more then the Big Kill, though I like the Big Kill more)

Baha

Tkawsome said:

Which spy weapon? If it was the big kill then you got lucky since that is actually worth a buds.

Baha said:
Which spy weapon? If it was the big kill then you got lucky since that is actually worth a buds.
Unfortunately, it's pretty clear this story has a bad ending.

Also, why is Bills hat valuable. Some people have lots of them and hey appear to be somewhat common.

Oreoleo

Dreams-Visions said:
Also, why is Bills hat valuable. Some people have lots of them and hey appear to be somewhat common.

Anything that isn't craftable/droppable/purchasable is going to retain value. And most people think Bill's hat looks fucking sharp on most classes (Just like buds) so, yeah.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dreams-Visions said:
Unfortunately, it's pretty clear this story has a bad ending.

They are a limited edition all class hat that people find looks good. Really, they shouldn't be worth that much, but they are.

A lot of the value of stuff is just self perpetuation. It is worth that much because others say it is worth that much. Like the Service Medals shouldn't be worth that much (There are 11k of them after all), but people just think "Limited item, super rare!", sort of like how vintage hats are worth more despite being more common for almost every hat.

Anther example there is, The Athletic Supporter is more rare then Bill's Hats, but is worth nothing.

Baha said:
Are the new engy spurs worth the new Heavy Jaw?
IMO, I find the jaw looks bad (The one the gaffer was making looked better) and the spurs aren't noticeable. They Jaw is likely worth more though, but they should be just as common as one anther.

Anyone have an extra mailbox they will trade for some metal?

Drkirby said:
They are a limited edition all class hat that people find looks good. Really, they shouldn't be worth that much, but they are.

A lot of the value of stuff is just self perpetuation. It is worth that much because others say it is worth that much. Like the Service Medals shouldn't be worth that much (There are 11k of them after all), but people just think "Limited item, super rare!", sort of like how vintage hats are worth more despite being more common for almost every hat.

Anther example there is, The Athletic Supporter is more rare then Bill's Hats, but is worth nothing.

IMO, I find the jaw looks bad (The one the gaffer was making looked better) and the spurs aren't noticeable. They Jaw is likely worth more though, but they should be just as common as one anther.

I have the jaws and still looking for the strange launcher :(

Drkirby said:

Understood. All of that really makes sense. I just assumed that the somewhat common nature of the Bills hat would drive down its value. I think I saw something like 30% of the community has one. Oh well.

Good insight into what I might trade my buds for.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dreams-Visions said:
Damn, that's a $.99 weapon. :-(

He got fucked.
Don't look at Mann Co Store values, they don't matter at all. At best they matter for items you can only get in the store.

DarkKyo

Drkirby said:
Don't look at Mann Co Store values, they don't matter at all. At best they matter for items you can only get in the store.
Point is, earbuds are worth about 200 Your Eternal Rewards.

XeroSauce

Is anyone here interested in a Max's Head? I'm not home, but I thought I'd ask since I've gotten weird offers for it (ranging from hats to $55).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XeroSauce said:
Is anyone here interested in a Max's Head? I'm not home, but I thought I'd ask since I've gotten weird offers for it (ranging from hats to $55).
I'll give you a Your Eternal Reward and a scrap for it.

Some say that's only worth a Kunai, but I mock those peasants.

LukeSmith said:
I just uncrated a Strange Minigun - I don't really play Heavy (this is my second strange minigun) and I'd be more than willing to part with it.

I'm not terribly sure what the economy is like in this game or what does or doesn't have value, so I just ask that I not get fleeced too terribly in the deal. While I'm learning the game, I'm mostly playing Demo/Medic/Soldier so items for sweet loadouts for them is what I'm most interested in.
www.tf2items.com/id/ceramicsteve i can trade you on tuesday for anything i have a duplicate of.

Strange stickie for trade if you have a strange rocket launcher or a demo man hat plus bud trade.

I am also interested in mailbox for pyro.

Yeef

XeroSauce said:
I'd be willing to give you all the hats on my first page for it, but even with all that I'd be the one getting a deal. You can get a lot more for it.

http://www.tf2b.com/yeef

Max's head is highly sought after by traders, but I actually want it for wearing.

XeroSauce

enzo_gt said:
I'll give you a Your Eternal Reward and a scrap for it.

Some say that's only worth a Kunai, but I mock those peasants.
I'll settle for no less then a reclaimed. Money is tight and I have two kids to feed.

Wallach

XeroSauce said:

I'd probably trade stuff for it, but yeah it is worth a fair amount. I got the gun from that set earlier today.

Here's all my stuff: http://www.tf2items.com/id/Wallach

Most anything in there is trade bait except Scout/Sniper stuff and my PvZ set.

Baha

XeroSauce said:

Unfortunately I've neither the money nor hats that would considered a good deal for your Max's head. I hope you get a good deal like 3-3.5 buds.

XeroSauce

Wallach said:
I'd probably trade stuff for it, but yeah it is worth a fair amount. I got the gun from that set earlier today.

Here's all my stuff: http://www.tf2items.com/id/Wallach

Most anything in there is trade bait except Scout/Sniper stuff and my PvZ set.
On my phone so I can't check backpacks without lagging, but do you have promos/hats? I'm willing to hear PM offers to not clog this thread.

XeroSauce

Baha said:
Sadly there's nothing he can do, it was a bad trade. I highly suggest that anybody making a trade involving promos or if they simply need a 2nd opinion to post here or msg one of us on steam. It's a small gesture but it'll save you any headaches in the future.
Yea, I'm more then willing to give you trading advice or act as a banker. I've dealt with so much bullshit on trade servers that it's second nature.

Baha said:
Unfortunately I've neither the money nor hats that would considered a good deal for your Max's head. I hope you get a good deal like 3-3.5 buds.
Question: what does the numerical trading notation mean? I see "1.5" and "2.33" on the trading servers but don't understand the source of value calculations.

XeroSauce

Dreams-Visions said:
Question: what does the numerical trading notation mean? I see "1.5" and "2.33" on the trading servers but don't understand the source of value calculations.
Refined. .33 is a Reclaimed, and .15 is a Scrap but that's barely used.

So 2.66 is 2 refined, 2 reclaimed.
1.33 is 1 ref, 1 rec.
4 is just 4 ref.

EDIT: When people say 1.5 refined, they mean a value close to 1 ref + 1 rec and they're usually willing to negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom