• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoz

AcciDante said:
How do nametags work on strange weapons? Does it just put the 'strange' title in front of whatever you name it?
The name no longer changes, but you still keep the killcount and the annoying popup spam.

corn_fest

I'm going to give another shout out to tf2ls, which generates a checklist to let item whores know what they're missing. Turns out the guy that runs it is really awesome and responds to feature requests:

Mklpe.png

Ghost23

I am looking for the spy turtleneck. I have two summer coolers that I am not going to use and some other items that are ok (I've only been playing for a week). Anyone willing to trade?

Greyvvolf

FuzzyNorman said:
I am looking for the spy turtleneck. I have two summer coolers that I am not going to use and some other items that are ok (I've only been playing for a week). Anyone willing to trade?
Would you give me the two summer coolers for two reclaimed metal?

Edit: Also, if someone from GAF tried to send me a trade request, I didn't accept it because I was away.

Ghost23

Greyvvolf said:
Would you give me the two summer coolers for two reclaimed metal?

Edit: Also, if someone from GAF tried to send me a trade request, I didn't accept it because I was away.

What kind of items use reclaimed metals? I've never crafted in the game. Heck, I havn't even looked at a blueprint before. It's just part of the game I havn't gotten to I guess.

Greyvvolf

FuzzyNorman said:
What kind of items use reclaimed metals? I've never crafted anything in the game yet.
It's used to craft things. 3 reclaimed make 1 refined metal, 3 Refined make a random hat. 4 refined and 1 class token make a class specific Hat. You can also craft weapons with metal.

Ghost23

Greyvvolf said:
It's used to craft things. 3 reclaimed make 1 refined metal, 3 Refined make a random hat. 4 refined and 1 class token make a class specific Hat. You can also craft weapons with metal.

Eh, I kinda feel like I'm being ripped off, but I don't really have a use for the coolers unless they give a free key. Can we hold off until after the 4th JUST in case Valve is generous and gives a free key for the 4th of July?

Greyvvolf

FuzzyNorman said:
Eh, I kinda feel like I'm being ripped off, but I don't really have a use for the coolers unless they give a free key. Can we hold off until after the 4th JUST in case Valve is generous and gives a free key for the 4th of July?
Sure, if I still have the metal by then.

Wallach

FuzzyNorman said:

I think they're generally trading around ~2 scrap per, so as far as average value goes I don't think you're getting ripped off.

I... I just got on a Valve server where people barely understood how to push the cart on Badwater. They couldn't make it to the second point because a level 1 sentry was around the corner and they wouldn't touch the cart.

They made it to the first point, but then suddenly forgot what Payload was and started just sorta running at the Red team and shooting them without touching the cart. Holy shit.

Chinner

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I... I just got on a Valve server where people barely understood how to push the cart on Badwater. They couldn't make it to the second point because a level 1 sentry was around the corner and they wouldn't touch the cart.

They made it to the first point, but then suddenly forgot what Payload was and started just sorta running at the Red team and shooting them without touching the cart. Holy shit.
did you feel like a god?

Forkball said:
AWWW YEAH traded the Heavy shades for the Spy turtleneck. So in the end I got both things I wanted (turtleneck and mailbox).

Also the mailbox has the best kill icon in the game.
Postal_pummeler_kill_icon.png
Welp, I might need a mailbox.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:

Sounds like a typical match on any server.

Wallach

Orellio said:
Hell yeah dude are you Wallach on Steam? Gonna look for you now.

Yep, thanks for the trade. Not sure what the hell was going on there, got caught in Valve time or something.

Anyway I still have a Cop Helmet myself, I'd trade that for a thing or two. I also have Ali Baba's Booties and Family Business now, wouldn't mind trading those for vintage Sniper weapons (Jarate/Huntsman/Tribalman's).

Baha

balladofwindfishes said:
Just traded a summer crate for a brain slug

Oh yea :D

I traded 3 for a napper's respite, 2 for a professor's peculiarity and 4 for black paint.
Oh yeah, I did trade 4 for a nappers too. Traded that for a pugilist :D

Baha said:
I traded 3 for a napper's respite, 2 for a professor's peculiarity and 4 for black paint.
Oh yeah, I did trade 4 for a nappers too. Traded that for a pugilist :D
yep, back around Christmas I took in a nice haul using the christmas crates.

People seem willing to pay a ton of stuff for the crates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom