• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

(._.) said:
Noooo

That was a one time thing last June.
It sucks :(
A friend was offering to sign people in on his mac so they could get the earbuds but I wasn't as into TF2 then plus didn't want to give him my pass.

(._.)

Banned
Zomba13 said:
It sucks :(
A friend was offering to sign people in on his mac so they could get the earbuds but I wasn't as into TF2 then plus didn't want to give him my pass.
I had my friend sign me in and get me a pair. I traded them away for like 2 hats during the first week of trading and go another pair a day later trading off another two hats.

Baha

The_Technomancer said:
Wait, fetti is the lowest valued effect? Over the stupid Peace Signs and other stupid effects?

Yes and for good reason. It's not very visible on some classes (demo, soldier, heavy) compared to logos. That's not to say that it's terrible since it does look good on some other classes such as spy or scout where their small frames don't obscure the effect as much.

XeroSauce

L00P said:
My strange eyelander keeps track of every head I take. So nice
Th strange weapons throw a wrench into my collection plan. I was almost done collecting name tags for all of my weapons, and now I have to recollect and rename all my basic stuff in addition to the new weapons. Bah, my metal wallet is so low right now.

Ferrio

Banned
If you name/description tag a strange weapon, does it get overwritten or anything when the weapon levels up? How does that work?

Oreoleo

Ferrio said:
If you name/description tag a strange weapon, does it get overwritten or anything when the weapon levels up? How does that work?

The level and number of kills it is at is stated in the description of the weapon.

Ghost23

Really the only way I see myself getting buds is if someone wants to trade them for some keys. I mean everyone wants an unusual for their buds, but what are the chances of getting an unusual in a crate? Like next to 0?

I have a few things I would like to trade if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

Have:
Strange Direct Hit

Want:
Strange Minigun
any Hat
Refreshing Summer Cooler

XeroSauce

Grinchy said:
So if I opened an alt account for extra idling, I'd have to download the game again on that account?
What you do os copy the GFCs from your profile folder to the alt's (steam/steamapps/yourusernamehere) and then hit Verify Files on the TF2 settings under the alt. It's check for missing files and unpack the GCFs.

sixghost said:
How many of the older medic weapons would make for a good trade for the liberty launcher? Would the medic crossbow and the amputator be fair?

I'd say the Crossbow is enough. It's a rare drop.

edit: actually no. Throw in the Amputator too. Crossbow is made with only 2 scrap.

parasight

XeroSauce said:
What you do os copy the GFCs from your profile folder to the alt's (steam/steamapps/yourusernamehere) and then hit Verify Files on the TF2 settings under the alt. It's check for missing files and unpack the GCFs.

I didn't even have to do that. It recognized I had the files already.

Grinchy

Banned
XeroSauce said:
Thanks! And if it does so automatically, that's great too.

I can't believe I'm considering an alt account, but I was going to buy more keys someday anyway. Might as well use that as an excuse for another prem account lol.

XeroSauce

parasight said:
I didn't even have to do that. It recognized I had the files already.
Really? That's cool, I didn't even try to do it automactically because I didn't think it'd work, that's awesome.

yeoz

Acerac said:
Tried it. Got a similar error.
This happened to me too, with both the credit card linked to my primary account, and a paypal that I had used on a different alt. I ended up using yet another different credit card, and that worked.

mojiimbo

Pookaki said:
I have a few things I would like to trade if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

Have:
Strange Grenade Launcher
Strange Direct Hit

Want:
Strange Chargin' Targe
Strange Minigun
any Hat
Refreshing Summer Cooler
Would you trade your strange GL for a cooler?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Any got a golf club they'd give up? Caved and bought some keys, so now I've got a Tam O'Shanter and the Engie spurs I can give up.

The Judge

I don't plan on spending any money on keys and I've got 3 Refreshing summer coolers. If anyone wants to trade (I'm looking mostly for weapons since I started playing recently) just PM me

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
Will I ever get a damn Sniper hat?! Fuck I mad. Mad like Kuro, that's a lot of mad!
You cannot reach my levels of madness :mad:

I'll even throw in a Strange DH and the sword or targe for another strange weapon.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, VALVE?! :(

So I'm guessing the reason most people were warning me against playing Barnblitz tonight was mostly because of the last point? Because the points before that were ok.

XeroSauce

cooljeanius said:
So I'm guessing the reason most people were warning me against playing Barnblitz tonight was mostly because of the last point? Because the points before that were ok.

It's like the whole design of the map when to shit with that last point. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, the two ledges are easily held off, the prime sentry spots suck, and the chokepoints are just plain weird.

Kuro Madoushi said:
You cannot reach my levels of madness :mad:

I'll even throw in a Strange DH and the sword or targe for another strange weapon.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, VALVE?! :(
I think you can easily get a Strange Rocket/Sticky at tf2tp for an Eyelander. Unlike most melee weapons, this one is used a lot even outside Degroot.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Will I ever get a damn Sniper hat?! Fuck I mad. Mad like Kuro, that's a lot of mad!
Brah, why don't you save yourself the drama, time and stress and just buy one for $.99. Seriously. That's what I did. Wanna know why? Because I realized that (a) I didn't want the hat to engage in the bizarre economic world of TF2 trading because really (b) I just wanted a nice looking hat...and that furthermore (c) losing sleep over hoping to get for free via drop that which I can for $1...in light of "a" and "b" was just fucking stupid. My time is worth more and $1 is nothing to me. It's a small fucking fry at McDonald's.

And so I slowly backed away from the ledge.

Now if I get an interesting hat via drop or crate, that'll be cool...but it's no loner a point of stress.

MatthewB92 said:
I got a sniper hat drop the other night. I love it :D
uDifb.png

Wallach

Sgt. Pepper's lonely hat club band

I've got a couple vintage Sniper hats. I suppoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose you could have one.

Yeef

sixghost said:
It's the same computer(laptop), but I've been on vacation the last couple days, so I've probably connected to steam from 3-4 different locations, in a span of 4-5 days.
Pretty sure Steam Guard is based on IP and browser, so that would trigger it.

yeoz said:
It was actually (._.) who asked for cp_snakewater but I'm happy to take credit for it!
While we're adding 5cp maps to the server that we'll never actually play (another round of badwater? sure!), can you also add cp_follower, cp_stag, cp_supply and cp_xmas_warpath (the xmas-y version of warpath)? Thanks!
(speaking of badwater, can we also get pl_retawdab on there? It's a mirror-image reversed copy of badwater. :D)
I'll consider it.

Sciz said:
My experience from dicking around with the server settings back when Java ran it last was that you can't really set that value too high (until you run out of maps, anyway).
Yeah, but they've added at least 7 official maps since then and we've got tons of customs on the server, so it shouldn't be an issue. :]

Grinchy

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
I finally got my Crocleather Slouch recently. So, I have a Bloke's Bucket Hat that I'll probably never use again. If you like that hat and wanna trade, I'm not incredibly attached to it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, so my brother is getting a "could not load library client" error that prevents him from playing, even after he completely uninstalls and reinstalls both the game and Steam. Any advice guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom