• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goon Boon

Banned
XeroSauce said:
Next to none. The only reason they were given out as Christmas was because there was gameplay-changing weapons in the crates and it didn't' feel very Christmas-y to have to spend money to get new weapons.
They drop and craft too, its not like they're were only in crates.

This item was added to the Mann Co. Store, became craftable, and included in random drops.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Zerokku said:
FFS. Crafted a hat. Engineer's Cap. Yet another engi hat that I wont wear cause I already have the hotrod.

Anyone interested in an Engineer's Cap for something before I try and pawn this off on TF2 TP?

Quoting for a new page. Would rather it go to a GAFer than some random person.

Hey guys, I want to give this game to a frined of mine since it got f2p. Is the "teamfortress 2" folder from my steamapps the only one I should give him?

Don't want to use the backup feature, It took a whole day to install the orange box from a backup when I reformatted.

Zerokku said:

Can I have it? I have the Spy's "Rogue's Col Roule" if you like.

Yeef

Zerokku said:
How about a modest pile for it?

RoaringHawk said:
Not so much and it is capped. It would take a day or two, so thought I might give it to him on an external HDD.
You need the team fortress 2, half-life 2 and half-life episode 2 folders, I believe. You may also need the Team Fortress GFC files. It may be easier to just grab the GFCs, since I'm fairly sure the game will just extract itself from those if you don't have the files in your user folder.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
These Strange weapons are really fun. Girlfriend got a shotgun, and gave me her Minigun. Got to 156 kills in one match. Felt good.

TF2 could really do with some Bungie.net-like stat tracking.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
How about a modest pile for it?

You need the team fortress 2, half-life 2 and half-life episode 2 folders, I believe. You may also need the Team Fortress GFC files. It may be easier to just grab the GFCs, since I'm fairly sure the game will just extract itself from those if you don't have the files in your user folder.
Yep, just grab the GFC files, I do think everything else is just extracted from them.

Yeef said:

Ok thanks! Will try that.

FuzzyNorman said:
Is there anything else you would want for that "Rogue's Col Roule"?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoaringHawk/

Add me. We can figure something out.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Baha said:
Anybody here interested in some tf2 hats....I'm interested in doom 1+2...

Dr Kirby's got a point, but I could definitely send those your way.

RoaringHawk said:
\
Can I have it? I have the Spy's "Rogue's Col Roule" if you like.

I'd be up for that if you havent already traded it to FuzzyNorman.

Baha

Drkirby said:
Rather then trying to trade hats and such, why not just get the id pack?

I'm only interested in doom 1+2, also I'm really short on funds.

Zerokku said:
Dr Kirby's got a point, but I could definitely send those your way.

I don't have $30 to spend and $5 for doom 1 + 2 seems cheaper. Hit me up on steam and we'll work something out.

XeroSauce

Goon Boon said:
They drop and craft too, its not like they're were only in crates.

Fairly sure that was after the first day of crates, and after countless angry emails. I might be getting that wrong though.

Baha

Well I'd be willing to trade the Spy's Col Roule for doom 1+2, I also have:

Puglist (heavy hat)
Ol Snaggletooth
Napper's Respite
Western Wear
Professor's Peculiarity

For the Fallout NV dlcs, 2-3 for both dlcs I guess.

Is it possible to trade at all if you're a F2P player? Because I have a summer cooler that I do not care about at all and I would love to give it away before it poofs.

Sorry to the person who wanted to trade for my earbuds. I'm sure you'll get them some day.

So that Razer Hydra thing has been released and I'm thinking about getting it. It lists TF2 as supported, but I wonder how well it actually works.

My main reason for wanting it is that I like using the mouse to aim and such, but I don't really like using the keyboard to walk at all. It just feels so unnatural. And even if the motion control isn't as good as a mouse maybe I can just use the joystick part.

Oreoleo

Professor Beef said:
Is it possible to trade at all if you're a F2P player? Because I have a summer cooler that I do not care about at all and I would love to give it away before it poofs.

Nope but you can buy a 50 cent sticky/rocket jumper in the store to turn it to a premium account. Then you can use the rest of the money in your wallet for games and stuff.

Getting one of the $1 hats might be a better value though.

Baha

Professor Beef said:

Nope, trading is restricted to premium accounts.

Grinchy

Banned
Since you have to put $5 in your wallet, I just bought 2 keys with my new premium alt account. I idled for around 5 hours, got 6 items. I let it idle over night, it got to 14 hours, and it's still at 6 items lol. I'm not a lucky idler. I did get a new sydney sleeper though. It'll replace the one I used to craft my bazaar.

DarkKyo

I'm trading the Demoman golf hat + club if anyone wants it..
Primarily looking for one of these:
Western Wear
Hero's Tail
Planeswalker Helm
Detective Noir

But I'd take other offers too

Dakota47

Orellio said:
Nope but you can buy a 50 cent sticky/rocket jumper in the store to turn it to a premium account. Then you can use the rest of the money in your wallet for games and stuff.

Getting one of the $1 hats might be a better value though.

Class starter packs are for sale atm. They are one euro and include two weapons plus a hat.

jdogmoney

Dakota47 said:
Class starter packs are for sale atm. They are one euro and include two weapons plus a hat.

Good value, this. I bought the Medic Pack because I didn't have any of the stuff, and it was totes worth it.

thefil

I got the heavy shades in a summer cooler. Looking for one of the other summer items in exchange. I already have the turtleneck and the boot, and not really interested in the weapon reskins.

XeroSauce

Dechaios said:
I'm trading the Demoman golf hat + club if anyone wants it..
Primarily looking for one of these:
Western Wear
Hero's Tail
Planeswalker Helm
Detective Noir

But I'd take other offers too

Are you offering both for one hat? I have the Hero's Tail.

DarkKyo

XeroSauce said:
Are you offering both for one hat? I have the Hero's Tail.
I was.. sadly I traded them already. Which sucks too, because I wanted Hero's Tail really badly. I would have def taken your trade over the one I did. I just figured no one on GAF was interested :(

Chinner

Banned
Dechaios said:
I was.. sadly I traded them already. Which sucks too, because I wanted Hero's Tail really badly. I would have def taken your trade over the one I did. I just figured no one on GAF was interested :(
you only gave gaf like an hour. jeeeeeeeeeesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom