• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already regret purchasing stuff from the store.... Not because I didn't get anything good out of the two crates, or those kickass flip-flops I've been wanting, but out of pure principal!

PRINCIPAL!

MisterAnderson said:
Does buying anything on the mann co. store make it premium?
Yes.

SteveWinwood said:
I already regret purchasing stuff from the store.... Not because I didn't get anything good out of the two crates, or those kickass flip-flops I've been wanting, but out of pure principal!

PRINCIPAL!
Principle?

Okay so I made the new Steam account and it won't let me add friends...says I need games, yet I have TF2 on that account. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Edit: I'll try adding my new account to my old friends list. That would probably work.

Yeef

MisterAnderson said:
Okay so I made the new Steam account and it won't let me add friends...says I need games, yet I have TF2 on that account. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Edit: I'll try adding my new account to my old friends list. That would probably work.
Steam accounts that don't own any games can't add friends, but other people can add them as friends. It's been that way for a long, long time. Not sure if becoming a TF2 premium player counts as owning a game.

Weenerz

Banned
Yeef said:
Steam accounts that don't own any games can't add friends, but other people can add them as friends. It's been that way for a long, long time. Not sure if becoming a TF2 premium player counts as owning a game.

It does.

gibration

If any of you guys want a summer cooler you should just ask nicely in a random server. I've done this twice and have gotten 6 in return. :D

Hylian7

It has just now hit me that the Ali Baba's Wee Booties go in the Pipebomb launcher slot. This makes explosive-less Demoman possible. I really think this was a bad idea on Valve's part. It might be redeemed if they were to add a melee that was more effective on Engineer buildings. Demos could take an Uber and charge right into a Sentry without getting pushed back by the bullets.

Yeef

Hylian7 said:
It has just now hit me that the Ali Baba's Wee Booties go in the Pipebomb launcher slot. This makes explosive-less Demoman possible. I really think this was a bad idea on Valve's part. It might be redeemed if they were to add a melee that was more effective on Engineer buildings. Demos could take an Uber and charge right into a Sentry without getting pushed back by the bullets.
Demo knight is the 10th class. Valve just decided, rather than making an actual 10th class they'd let it be a subclass of the most overpowered class in the game.

Hylian7

Yeef said:
Demo knight is the 10th class. Valve just decided, rather than making an actual 10th class they'd let it be a subclass of the most overpowered class in the game.
I can see that, but I really wish there was more to it then "Charge.....hit....charge....hit"

Yeef

Hylian7 said:
I can see that, but I really wish there was more to it then "Charge.....hit....charge....hit"
It's just the mirror of regular demo.

Sticky demo is m1, m2 ad infinitum.
Demoknight is m2, m1 ad infinitum.

gibration said:
Well, I have seen people here trying to trade for a summer cooler. No point in that when there's people out there willing to give em out for free.
no, I was just surprised to hear it was that easy.

I'll try it.

Yeef

UnluckyKate said:
I see lots of people trading strange weapons. Are they really... worth anything ?
Just like unusual hats, the only way to get them is from crates. They're much more common though, but they tend to go for a decent amount. Some people even trade hats for them.

Cipherr

I already got the Liberty Launcher guys, thanks for the interest. Also got another hat drop today, the second this week.

r1Xd0l.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I'm actually looking for a strange rocket launcher. I am really liking soldier these days.

I could trade Security Shades for them. The RL and the shades are both valued at 1-2+ ref.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Even though this game is very much like the ones that came before it, the music is far and away the best music ive heard in a FPS since the original Unreal Tournament. Its very good and fits the artistic feel of the game perfectly.

Mafro

Jagxyz said:
What colour looks good with Bill's Hat?
The normal colour looks best, in my opinion. I never use my one any more so traded it for six keys thanks to tf2tp.com. Then traded one of those for a Hottie's Hoodie. Still after those earbuds though.

Yeef said:
Just like unusual hats, the only way to get them is from crates. They're much more common though, but they tend to go for a decent amount. Some people even trade hats for them.

Seriously ? I have tons of strange shotguns if anyone want some (if you have valuable hats to trade)

yeoz

UnluckyKate said:
Seriously ? I have tons of strange shotguns if anyone want some (if you have valuable hats to trade)
Strange shotguns are the most common. They show up in two in three of the new crates, and will quite possibly show up in the new pyro and engineer strange crates when they finally start dropping. Kuro got like 4 of them in a row the other day. That said, people will trade anything for anything, so you'll probably get something worthwhile for 'em.

Cipherr said:
I already got the Liberty Launcher guys, thanks for the interest. Also got another hat drop today, the second this week.

r1Xd0l.jpg
I remember I got that bonnet a couple months back, is it worth anything? (its not usual)

Also, got me 6 summer crate & no keys...! anyone trading keys?

thefil

On the one hand, I want more summer crates. On the other hand, if I go server to server asking for them I'll spend a lot of money...

TF2: hard decisions.

Oreoleo

Hmm anyone have a Strange Sticky Launcher? Got some orange paint, a description tag and a couple duel minigames. Could probably come up with some scrap too!

Yeef

Orellio said:
Hmm anyone have a Strange Sticky Launcher? Got some orange paint, a description tag and a couple duel minigames. Could probably come up with some scrap too!
I do, but I'll only trade it for a sober stuntman. If you can get one then you can have it.

Oreoleo

Yeef said:
I do, but I'll only trade it for a sober stuntman. If you can get one then you can have it.

I'll see what I can do!

Anyone else's game not starting? D:

Been sitting at "Preparing to launch TF2" for like 5 minutes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'll trade my strange GRU for a paint can + [weaps/metal/name tag/description tag/what have you], although not as appealing as an eyelander.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
enzo_gt said:
I'll trade my strange GRU for a paint can + [weaps/metal/name tag/description tag/what have you], although not as appealing as an eyelander.
I actually rather have the GRU, on the fact that its the normal melee weapon I use. Whats your steam ID?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
FFS. Crafted a hat. Yet another engi hat that I wont wear cause I already have the hotrod.

Anyone interested in an Engineer's Cap for something before I try and pawn this off on TF2 TP?

XeroSauce

Ookami-kun said:
What are the chances of Valve giving a free summer key?

Next to none. The only reason they were given out as Christmas was because there was gameplay-changing weapons in the crates and it didn't' feel very Christmas-y to have to spend money to get new weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom