• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grimm Fandango said:
pfft I wish the GG servers had replay.

We were pushed back to the last point of fastlane and there was a heavy and demo on the final point and it was already halfway capped. Me, a medic with charge, got in there JUST as the cap reached about 90% and I popped uber and stood on point.. My entire team was more or less dead and my uber bought enough time for them to respawn and kill the demo and heavy.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
ICANONLYPRETENDTOBEDEMOTIME
0F545A6F37DD52469C0BA33709EDC5C7FCDF59AD

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So why don't more people use The Scottish Resistance? Do they just hate micromanaging their stickies?

Oreoleo

ZealousD said:
So why don't more people use The Scottish Resistance? Do they just hate micromanaging their stickies?

The delay for detonating stickies is a huge boner killer. Most people don't use stickies in a defensive manner the way Scottish Resistance is intended anymore.

DarkKyo

Orellio said:
The delay for detonating stickies is a huge boner killer. Most people don't use stickies in a defensive manner the way Scottish Resistance is intended anymore.

I like it for holding a Payload point with a lot of different openings that the opposite team can leak through.

Oreoleo

Dechaios said:
I like it for holding a Payload point with a lot of different openings that the opposite team can leak through.

It definitely has its merits, but I think most people end up being bad at aiming with the grenade launcher so they use the sticky launcher as their primary killing device.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Orellio said:
It definitely has its merits, but I think most people end up being bad at aiming with the grenade launcher so they use the sticky launcher as their primary killing device.

That probably explains it. Demoman isn't one of my primary classes, but when I do choose Demo I tend to pick him for defensive purposes. So I guess The Scottish Resistance is just more to my playstyle.

Tkawsome said:
I need one more Medic achievement to reach the last milestone and it's getting a little frustrating. They just don't seem plausible anymore outside a really lucky situation. Stuff like "Kill five with an ubered soldier" or "burn four with a pyro in one uber" never seem to register even though I've been focusing on those guys for what seems like hours. Then there's the "Intern" achievement which seems ridiculous. I just can't survive that long unless I'm hanging back, in which case I don't have anyone to heal.

Any tips? I really want to move onto another class but I'm so close to the milestone I don't want to quit.

It's all good. They didn't look like much so I wasn't really going to use them. Sucks to learn I could have got more, but whatever.
Add me on steam. We'll conquer it in no time.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I know plenty of you have more hats than even matters, but I am now 6/9 for getting my favorite hat for each class

Engineer - Hot Rod
Heavy - Officers Ushanka
Medic - Prussian Pickelhaube
Spy - Familiar Fez
Demoman - Prince Tavish's Crown
Pyro - Pyromancer's Mask

Just need Killer Kabuto for Soldier and Bloke's Bucket Hat for sniper. Not really sure what I want for scout as I really don't care for any of his hats. Maybe modest pile of hat or something.

Anony

Zerokku said:
I know plenty of you have more hats than even matters, but I am now 6/9 for getting my favorite hat for each class

Engineer - Hot Rod
Heavy - Officers Ushanka
Spy - Familiar Fez
Pyro - Pyromancer's Mask

Just need Killer Kabuto for Soldier and Bloke's Bucket Hat for sniper. Not really sure what I want for scout as I really don't care for any of his hats. Maybe modest pile of hat or something.
trade u a killer kabuto for 2 keys?

Zomba13

Zerokku said:

Engineer - Hot Rod
Heavy - Officers Ushanka
Spy - Familiar Fez
Pyro - Pyromancer's Mask

I have a Killer's Kabuto I may be willing to trade if you'd like.

SteveWinwood said:
You need a demo golf club?

I'm not too interested in that weapon as it's just a reskinned eye lander, unless it's really rare or something? I'm kind of naive when it comes to trading in this game as far as what things are worth...

MisterAnderson said:
I'm not too interested in that weapon as it's just a reskinned eye lander, unless it's really rare or something? I'm kind of naive when it comes to trading in this game as far as what things are worth...
I have no clue what anything is worth. I just know they both come in summer crates. I understand why you don't really want a reskin though.

Zomba13

Zerokku said:
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197990249317

Don't really have anything worthwhile that I'd be willing to part with. The summer keys and nametags are already spoken for. So unless you want a lot of crates I doubt youll find much in there.
Only things I'm interested there are the Blighted Beak, Hero's Tail or Dealer's Visor but I doubt you'd trade on of those for it.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
How about the Heavy weird metal jaw thing and the Demoman Golf hat?

I think the Big Steel Jaw thing for the Heavy is pretty cool looking. I already have the Demo Golf Hat though. I wish I had a better grasp of what things were worth, do you have anything else besides the golf hat?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Zomba13 said:
Only things I'm interested there are the Blighted Beak, Hero's Tail or Dealer's Visor but I doubt you'd trade on of those for it.

Blighted Beak is actually being traded for a Physicians Mask (just have to wait for the dude to log on), but I'd totally trade the Dealer's Visor for the Killer's Kabuto.

Zomba13

Zerokku said:
Blighted Beak is actually being traded for a Physicians Mask (just have to wait for the dude to log on), but I'd totally trade the Dealer's Visor for the Killer's Kabuto.
Awesome. Steam ID is Zomba13.

EDIT: Thanks :D

Trading Strange Eyelander or a Strange Grenade launcher for either a Strange Shotgun or Strange Sticky launcher.

Have:
Security Shades

Will trade for:
Strange Minigun
Copper's Hard Top or
Rogue's Col Roule or
Team Captain or
any Demo Hat or
BUDS! :p

Any takers? <3 Shoot me a PM!

Edit: Shades have been taken

Kuro Madoushi said:
Ugh...methinks it may be time for another break. Spending more time in front of computer than with wife...
You should uninstall TF2, and give me all your hats while you're at it. So you don't comeback, and have a happy marriage forever after. :D

You should thank me!

parasight

Man, it's night and day playing TF2 on OS X and Windows (Boot Camp). It runs a billion times faster, loads almost instantly and runs smoothly on almost high settings with proper resolution. Source Engine is just not optimized at all for OS X.

Yeef

barnone said:
Do the summer crate items have a limited time availability? Or will they continue to randomly drop forever?
They'll stop dropping and all existing ones will disappear on July 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom