• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Should I hold on to summer crate items? Like will these items go up in value later down the line? I don't really care about my heavy shades or engy spurs, but I wouldn't want to trade them away too early for nothing.

DarkKyo

I think I'm over my drive to get a badass unusual for now...

Other day I lucked out and won a free green confetti unusual(my first unusual ever) and then traded my buds and some other stuff for a massed flies heavy unusual. Tonight I came across someone who took my two lower-tier unusuals in a trade for this...

NPrf2.jpg

Pumped since Demoman is my most-played class!

Zel3

Dechaios said:
Thanks! I love it.

Good point! Thx

M8uD2.jpg

Tried all of these out in itemtest.. which do you guys like the most? I may as well color it now since paint is .99 cents.

I like the bright green. Goes well with the green flames. :p

Was using the new Heavy melee item today, the Eviction Notice. Look like spiked brass knuckles. Increase firing speed by 50%, but 60% less damage. I really like them even with the damage lowered. Just need to connect a bunch, and you go down.

XeroSauce

Grinchy said:
Should I hold on to summer crate items? Like will these items go up in value later down the line? I don't really care about my heavy shades or engy spurs, but I wouldn't want to trade them away too early for nothing.
If you don't want 'em, trade 'em for why you do want. They can only go down in value, albeit slowly.

I'm liking the trades I'm getting. I just need to finish off my Uber weapon collection and then it's onto nametags/strange weapons!

-I wish I was as dedicated to other things as I am to my tf2 backpack-

Forkball

Grinchy said:
If you don't want them, trade 'em while they're hot. All the crate items are craftable and they drop outside the reskins, so their rarity will drop eventually.

AniHawk

I've gotten about 160 backstabs over the course of the last few days. it's been really, really easy now that i have the your eternal reward and dead ringer combo.

MisterAnderson said:
I think the Big Steel Jaw thing for the Heavy is pretty cool looking. I already have the Demo Golf Hat though. I wish I had a better grasp of what things were worth, do you have anything else besides the golf hat?

Nor do I? I was just offering things I don't like.

The Jaw and some paint?

Mafro

Got the Heavy's metal jaw in a trade for that yellow Sniper headband. It looks badass with that tin hat premium players got with the update.

Chavelo

Hiya, guys. Anyone looking for the new demo shield and pyro's detonator? Looking for the liberty launcher and the eviction notice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
commissar said:
Could we get a seperate trading thread please.
Why? I see no reason why trading and actual game discussion can't coexist, trading is a massiv part of the game. Plus I'd rather not segregate discussion.

I've got a Tam O' Shanter if anyone has any Summer item offers for it.

yeoz

commissar said:
Another vote for this. A separate trading thread would be appreciated. There's too much trading clutter in here, honestly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I say leave it all in one topic, trade stuff tends to just flare up for a bit when new items come out, then dies down after a week or two.

Chavelo said:
Hiya, guys. Anyone looking for the new demo shield and pyro's detonator? Looking for the liberty launcher and the eviction notice.
I'm looking for the new Demo Shield, have an Eviction Notice! :)

My Steam is cuban_legend [My Backpack] Anything on the first pane is for trade as well.

Zomba13

I vote for #4 on the Demoman unusual.

I have a Strange Grenade launcher and Eyelander that I'm willing to trade for a strange Sticky Launcher or Shotgun (1 for 1).

I really wish that the Heavy's Jaw was paintable. I really really want it white, that way it looks like he's wearing all of Max's head.

I've also decided to not buy anymore keys. Bought a few last night (and name/description tags for my mail box). Spent more on that stuff than I have in the Steam sale + the cheap Civ 5.

XeroSauce

Zomba13 said:
I vote for #4 on the Demoman unusual.

I have a Strange Grenade launcher and Eyelander that I'm willing to trade for a strange Sticky Launcher or Shotgun (1 for 1).

I really wish that the Heavy's Jaw was paintable. I really really want it white, that way it looks like he's wearing all of Max's head.

I've also decided to not buy anymore keys. Bought a few last night (and name/description tags for my mail box). Spent more on that stuff than I have in the Steam sale + the cheap Civ 5.

..how much did you spend? I'm up to $60 spent in the Steam sale, you can't have spent more then that.

In other news, has anyone else checked out the styles on that new Demo shield? Can we please get more of that, Valve, it's awesome!

Oreoleo

#4 is totes ugly. Green on green? Use some imagination! I think I like #5 the most. I like #2 as well but I'm not sure how much that hair would work with red.

Orellio said:
#4 is totes ugly. Green on green? Use some imagination! I think I like #5 the most. I like #2 as well but I'm not sure how much that hair would work with red.
#4 screams attention-seeking. which, I think, is the point of this, right? vanity?

Zomba13

XeroSauce said:
..how much did you spend? I'm up to $60 spent in the Steam sale, you can't have spent more then that.

In other news, has anyone else checked out the styles on that new Demo shield? Can we please get more of that, Valve, it's awesome!
Around £15 or something on the TF2 Store. Only bought Civ 5 and Trine though on the sale. So spent a bit under £10 on games. I should just stop with the keys now. It's so addictive, just one more crate! :S

Clydefrog

commissar said:

I'm with Mr. Bacon on this one. I barely post in here anymore because all you guys do is "can I have a demo golf club?" or something like that.

DarkKyo

Clydefrog said:
I'm with Mr. Bacon on this one. I barely post in here anymore because all you guys do is "can I have a demo golf club?" or something like that.
What do you want us to trade telepathically or something? Gee sorry the thread isn't to your liking :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, what do you guys think of the new weapons now that you have had a chance to play around with them? New scout bat and primary are likely the best in the pack, and the new Demoknight stuff is also really good. Don't really like the Man treads, and the whip is hard to make effective with the solider being on of the slowest classes by default, shotgun is nice though.

Still haven't gotten the sniper set, but I don't really like it that much.

DarkKyo

Drkirby said:
So, what do you guys think of the new weapons now that you have had a chance to play around with them? New scout bat and primary are likely the best in the pack, and the new Demoknight stuff is also really good. Don't really like the Man treads, and the whip is hard to make effective with the solider being on of the slowest classes by default, shotgun is nice though.

I <3 the Demoknight set and also the Tomislav. That thing tears shit up.

Drkirby said:

I like the sniper rifle. faster reloading means faster aiming. always a good thing.

Tomislav is win.

Demo stuff is win.

Liberty Launcher <3, Disciplinary action = meh, new shotty = pretty nice.

Not quite sold on the quick fix.

I don't have any of the new Scout, Pyro or Spy weapons, so I can't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom