• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
All right thanks to pet I'm done being a stupid OCD shithead.

Although I still have this for trade:

Vintage Southern Hospitality
Vintage Cloak and Dagger
Vintage Cloak and Dagger
Vintage Homewrecker
Vintage Homewrecker
Vintage Flare Gun
Vintage Tribalman's Shiv
Vintage Gunboats
Vintage Jarate
Vintage Axtinguisher
Vintage Frontier Justice

I'll do any trade for hats or new items or two-to-one non-vintage-to-vintage!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll trade the Bonk for something like the Cloak and Dagger, so I can make a Crit a Cola and hope I can find someone who will doesn't care about the Vintage stuff and trade old Crit a Cola for new one (Or maybe I'll toss in anther one of those spy watches I have to many of)

Yasae

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
I can't play TF2 since the patch.

If I click the mann store button, the game crashes.
When I load a server with a complex custom welcome box, the game crashes
When I die, the game crashes.

Already tried backing up the files and deleted the game entirely, reinstalled, didn't fix anything.
2rokhgo.jpg

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
wait...i thought it let you carry over your charge up to 20%, not automatically give you 20...
No, it's even worse than that. It carries over a percentage of your total charge, the maximum of which is not more than 20% of the total ubercharge bar next life. I got 19% for having 40% ubercharge left previous life, so it probably tops out around 50%.

So if you had 20% ubercharge previous life, you're only going to get about half of that back, not the full 20% charge.

Forkball

I just bought this game on Steam today. I've only played a bit since I have to study, but any tips or advice for beginners? Everything is so overwhelming. I've been using the Pyro and it's fun, but what are some other options for newbies?

Moobabe

If anyone has the Scout Beanie, I forget the name, I have the new Pyro Beanie the... yeah I forget the name of that as well - it's not on the store.

Edit

Alternatively I also have the demoman afro is anyone wants to trade if for the scout beanie.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Forkball said:
I just bought this game on Steam today. I've only played a bit since I have to study, but any tips or advice for beginners? Everything is so overwhelming. I've been using the Pyro and it's fun, but what are some other options for newbies?

Medic, pyro, soldier are all classes that are "easy to play, hard to master". Learn maps, play with people you like playing with, read the wiki, and watch out for nemesis kicks.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Moobabe said:
If anyone has the Scout Beanie, I forget the name, I have the new Pyro Beanie the... yeah I forget the name of that as well - it's not on the store.

Edit

Alternatively I also have the demoman afro is anyone wants to trade if for the scout beanie.

Are you talking about Ye Olde Baker Boy for the scout? If so i'll trade that for the pyro beanie.

My backpack

Twig

Banned
Forkball said:
Just play what you want!

If you're going to be pyro, don't run headfirst into a crowd. Be sneaky, learn the maps, the best ambush points, etc.

The hardest class to play would be spy (in my opinion) just because it's so different from the rest. I mean, once I learned the tricks to spy, it's not so bad. Scout is easily my worst. I just don't have the twitch skills necessary to play scout, because I don't play scout enough to get those skills. U:

Scout is such a polarizing class for me. When I do well, it feels like I'm a fucking god, but when I do poorly, I want to give up forever. D:

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
New rule, all hat trade offers must be accompanied by a pic so we know what in the hell you're talking about. It is so written and so it shall be done.

Got a trade lined up for later today:
soldier_pot.png

Soldier's Stainless Pot
for a
sniper_pith_helmet.png

Sniper's Sola Topi

I had 3 refined metal and waited until the update to craft a random hat. I got a Heavy's Hound Dog:
heavy_hounddog.png

I kinda wish I hadn't done that and just waited for another refined metal to specifically get a Soldier hat. Especially since everyone wants VINTAGE stuff. It just didn't occur to me what a scarlet letter it would become not having that on your item when I pressed the craft button.

Moobabe

I guess that's a good idea - I have

95px-RED_Demoman%27s_Fro.png
Demoman's Fro

and

95px-RED_Napper%27s_Respite.png
Napper's Respite - rare hat not yet on the store

and I'm looking for

95px-RED_Troublemaker%27s_Tossle_Cap.png
TroubleMaker's Tossle Cap

and

95px-RED_Bombing_Run.png
Bombing Run

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Really tempted to just shelve out the 50 bucks for the polycount stuff but i think i'll wait till the christmas sale to see if it drops in price. I kinda want the mann co. hat too but don't want to spend 20 bucks for it.

Boonoo

zombieshavebrains said:
Really tempted to just shelve out the 50 bucks for the polycount stuff but i think i'll wait till the christmas sale to see if it drops in price. I kinda want the mann co. hat too but don't want to spend 20 bucks for it.

You can get the mann co hat for 49 cents. Just stick 5 in the steam wallet, buy a rocket jumper, and use the rest for steam games.

I would really like the new heavy gloves in time for the highlander tournament tomorrow (if they are allowed). If anyone doesn't want to actually trade for something, I can pay you back later with an item of your choice once I get it, I guess? ;_;

All unlocks are allowed. And I wouldn't worry too much about them; they're really not useful unless you have a medic glued to you.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
I would really like the new heavy gloves in time for the highlander tournament tomorrow (if they are allowed). If anyone doesn't want to actually trade for something, I can pay you back later with an item of your choice once I get it, I guess? ;_;
I have them but I don't want to trade them away. ;_;

They're not as bad as I thought, since you only lose health/gain speed when they're equipped, which is contrary to the item description.

TP

Blizzard said:

I have spare gloves, ill gift them to you for a frying pan (whenever it becomes craftable).

Deal?

Twig said:
I have them but I don't want to trade them away. ;_;

They're not as bad as I thought, since you only lose health/gain speed when they're equipped, which is contrary to the item description.

what about the -50 percent damage? Is that for all weapons or does it only apply to melee?

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:
All unlocks are allowed. And I wouldn't worry too much about them; they're really not useful unless you have a medic glued to you.
Since you hate heavies, want natascha nerfed/banned, like 5-point capture maps, and play scout, you're clearly not to be trusted! And medic or no, I'd like to be able to traverse giant areas of teleporter-free, enemy-free land faster than before. And that's pretty much what it seems like they would give me. I guess I could even "borrow" them from Twig for the tournament and just gift them back afterwards if I'm playing heavy and he's not.

Jeo said:
I have spare gloves, ill gift them to you for a frying pan (whenever it becomes craftable).

Deal?
The frying pan may not be tradable/craftable...the store says not tradable at least. Otherwise I'd say sure, though I need the frying pan too.

Twig

Banned
Jeo said:
what about the -50 percent damage? Is that for all weapons or does it only apply to melee?
Just the gloves. I mean, I assume. We didn't test that, but... it would be really really stupid if it didn't work like that!

Me and Artist were fooling around (teehee), and they do about 35 damage non-crit, about 98 crit.

Blizzard

Banned
You know, I was just thinking. What if the game had just been dropping "hat tokens", and when you got one (which might still be really rare), you could simply pick from the list of hats, and choose whatever one you wanted to get with that token. Crafting could also produce a hat token, and maybe take even more metal if you wanted to be sure of what you got. *shrug*

Also, does anyone know if the rocket jumper drops randomly? I'm assuming it's not craftable. I know it's only 49 cents, but I wondered if you could get it without paying (plus adding 49 cents in steambux causes you to add a minimum of $4-5 to your steam wallet unless I missed something).

TP

Blizzard said:
The frying pan may not be tradable/craftable...the store says not tradable at least. Otherwise I'd say sure, though I need the frying pan too.

Im sure eventually Valve will add a recipe to craft it, you can repay me then.

Blizzard said:
Also, does anyone know if the rocket jumper drops randomly? I'm assuming it's not craftable. I know it's only 49 cents, but I wondered if you could get it without paying (plus adding 49 cents in steambux causes you to add a minimum of $4-5 to your steam wallet unless I missed something).

According to TF2 items it does
http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php?d=1

I traded for it earlier today as well

Blizzard

Banned
Jeo said:
Im sure eventually Valve will add a recipe to craft it, you can repay me then.

According to TF2 items it does
http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php?d=1

I traded for it earlier today as well
Thanks again. If the frying pan becomes craftable/tradable I'll give you the first one I have, I guess that's fair enough!

*edit* I just had random GRU drop, so if you want them back just tell me.

Trouble

Banned
I have the following vintage weapons for trade:
Sandman
Tribalman's Shiv
Equalizer

Looking for:
Vintage Ubersaw
Vintage Scottsman's Skullcutter
Hats
New weapons

Send PM if interested.

SyNapSe

Extra "Vintage" items for trade:

Huntsman
Equalizer
Direct Hit
Force-A-Nature
Frontier Justice
Homewrecker
Cloak and Dagger
Southern Hospitality
Dead Ringer
Charge N' Targe X2
Razorback

Things wanted:
Metal
New Items
Knowledge of the future
Hats

classicdms

Neo Member
Everyone's talking trading but I'm kind of interested in joining a clan so I can start playing the game consistently again.

I'm trying to save money by not buying any more goddamn games and I had a nice run of not giving a shit about the rest of the industry when I was playing L4D1 hardcore.

I'd appreciate being able to play regularly with a solid group. If any of your are in a clan that doesn't play super serious, but likes to win and plays rather regularly, I'd love to try out or something.

PM me with details or hit me up on Steam. The Steam Name is classicdms.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
Here are some nice servers with a fairly good mix of people on them.

Gibbed Gaming 24 players
68.232.178.174:27015

Source OP 32 players
74.55.49.243:27015
67.228.59.145:27015

Source OP 24 players no crits no spread
67.228.59.144:27015

GAF 24 players
68.232.178.184:27015

2fort2furious 32 players (lots of custom maps)
67.18.19.3:27015

Something Awful 24 players
75.126.53.140:27015

Something Awful 24 players no crits no spread
75.126.36.34:27015

Try these servers. I wouldn't worry about buying mroe games. I buy some still...but spend a shitload of time on TF2 anyways.

Wallach

I wound up trading that Napper's Respite hat for the new Milkman hat. Mega score.

However I only had the stuff to craft the Shortstop. If anyone wants to trade me an extra Jarate or Sandman so I can craft the other two soon, let me know. I could part with my Vintage Kritzkreig, or any of my Pyro items for either.

Blizzard

Banned
Hey guys, what time is it, it's FISH KILL!

Also, it's time for THE VALVE STORE IS CLOSED. THIS POPUP MEANS YOU CAN'T CLICK ANYTHING AND JUST GOT SHOT. HA HA. :lol

rac

Banned
For anyone that doesn't want to open a crate, just look at what you could be missing out on. Even though I don't really care for killer kabuto this thing is so awesome. Crates are no joke.

StKUxl.jpg

EmC12l.jpg

Although I opened up a crate and all I got was this lousy Equalizer.

(._.)

Banned
Honestly the new polycount hats are way more creative than these "super rare" old hats with boring particle effects coming off of them. Should have made the super rare item an actual new hat instead of an old one with something basic attached to it.

Moobabe said:
I guess that's a good idea - I have

95px-RED_Demoman%27s_Fro.png
Demoman's Fro

and

95px-RED_Napper%27s_Respite.png
Napper's Respite - rare hat not yet on the store

and I'm looking for

95px-RED_Troublemaker%27s_Tossle_Cap.png
TroubleMaker's Tossle Cap

and

95px-RED_Bombing_Run.png
Bombing Run

You wanna trade a Napper for a Tossle?

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Gaf server tonight... :lol :lol
You assholes left as soon as I joined. Coincidence?

I wanted to play some real games, and I saw there were enough people so I joined, then that one dude raged and you followed not long after. ):
I don't know how this happens. Also, I like how the map changes before it can scramble.
This amuses me as well.

P.S. JAVA. FIX THE ROTATION. Having 2fort and Hydro one after the other is not a good thing, even if I love Hydro. Nobody else does!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
You assholes left as soon as I joined. Coincidence?

I wanted to play some real games, and I saw there were enough people so I joined, then that one dude raged and you followed not long after.
Well when the server count is that low, it's unfair to have so many assholes in at once.

Also, it's 3 in the morning here. It's time to catch up shows. Duh.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Well when the server count is that low, it's unfair to have so many assholes in at once.
The implication offends me.
Also, it's 3 in the morning here. It's time to catch up shows. Duh.
This seems to be everyone's excuse. I don't buy it. It's only midnight in cooltown.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its 3:30 here.

And is it a Coincidence that all of 2Pro left after I got a Crit Rocket Reflect on Stallion? I THINK NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom