• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
Stallion are you going to take over this thread now too with your CHICANERY.

'Cause this is my turf. ;_;
neogaf_stalliongzyl.gif

I was bored of your avatar.

Twig

Banned
Yes, I know you're using Mumble, and that's fine, I appreciate and understand that you like the quality, etc., but you're on a public server. Not everyone could even fit in the damn Mumble server even if you wanted them to.

Dickholes!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
Yes, I know you're using Mumble, and that's fine, I appreciate and understand that you like the quality, etc., but you're on a public server. Not everyone could even fit in the damn Mumble server even if you wanted them to.

Dickholes!
100 slots begs to differ.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
100 slots begs to differ.
Well, okay, fair enough.

But, no one is going to download fucking Mumble just to be in your great vocal presence. And you know it.

Use voice chat.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
Well, okay, fair enough.

But, no one is going to download fucking Mumble just to be in your great vocal presence. And you know it.

Use voice chat.
Alright, I'll go check what I last bound it to just for you.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay, I just got it.

Kind of annoying that you need a console command to make the 360 controller work.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
speedpop said:
The only way to open crates is via keys bought from the Store? The fuck?

I was going to bitch about that too but you have beaten me too it.

That's one of the really dumb things about tf2 getting micro transactions now. It already feels like they are turning the game on it's head and not in a good way. I have no issues with people buying weapons / hats if they want as long as i can get them through crafting, random drops, trading but the key thing is just absurd.

Kamaki

So if I craft something and the game then eats my metal am I ever going to get that metal back or is it now lost to the void?

Javaman

Twig said:
You assholes left as soon as I joined. Coincidence?

I wanted to play some real games, and I saw there were enough people so I joined, then that one dude raged and you followed not long after. ):

This amuses me as well.

P.S. JAVA. FIX THE ROTATION. Having 2fort and Hydro one after the other is not a good thing, even if I love Hydro. Nobody else does!

Here's the current rotation. If someone could parse it into a decent list (maybe 1/2 the size) I'll be happy to update the server. I'm running on fumes right now.

cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl
cp_granary
cp_well
ctf_2fort
tc_hydro
ctf_well
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine
pl_badwater
cp_steel
cp_egypt_final
cp_junction_final
plr_pipeline
pl_hoodoo_final
koth_sawmill
koth_nucleus
koth_viaduct
ctf_sawmill
cp_yukon_final
koth_harvest_final
ctf_doublecross
cp_gorge
cp_freight_final1
pl_upward
plr_hightower
pl_thundermountain
cp_coldfront

Sorry if I missed any Steam messages last night. Anything sent after 6pm was lost to a power flicker.

necfwn.png

Up for trade for other hats (or decent item for the Vita-Saw), though not quite certain about giving away the Duty Rag yet.

Also, fun times being a Heavy.

EDIT: Vita-saw gone.

Javaman said:
Here's the current rotation. If someone could parse it into a decent list (maybe 1/2 the size) I'll be happy to update the server. I'm running on fumes right now.

cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl
cp_granary
cp_well
ctf_2fort
tc_hydro
ctf_well
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine
pl_badwater
cp_steel
cp_egypt_final
cp_junction_final
plr_pipeline
pl_hoodoo_final
koth_sawmill
koth_nucleus
koth_viaduct
ctf_sawmill
cp_yukon_final
koth_harvest_final
ctf_doublecross
cp_gorge
cp_freight_final1
pl_upward
plr_hightower
pl_thundermountain
cp_coldfront
I'd also nominate cp_freight, but I suppose there are some who actually like it.

Javaman said:

cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl

cp_granary
cp_well
ctf_2fort
tc_hydro
ctf_well
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine
pl_badwater
cp_steel
cp_egypt_final

cp_junction_final
plr_pipeline
pl_hoodoo_final
koth_sawmill
koth_nucleus
koth_viaduct
ctf_sawmill
cp_yukon_final
koth_harvest_final
ctf_doublecross
cp_gorge
cp_freight_final1
pl_upward
plr_hightower
pl_thundermountain

cp_coldfront

Sorry if I missed any Steam messages last night. Anything sent after 6pm was lost to a power flicker.

bold for sure, underline if theres room

Dice

Meh, the controller sensitivity can't be fine-tuned enough for this game anyway. Even trackball mouse is better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Javaman said:

cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl
cp_granary
cp_well
ctf_2fort
tc_hydro
ctf_well
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine
pl_badwater
cp_steel
cp_egypt_final
cp_junction_final
plr_pipeline
pl_hoodoo_final
koth_sawmill
koth_nucleus
koth_viaduct
ctf_sawmill
cp_yukon_final
koth_harvest_final
ctf_doublecross
cp_gorge
cp_freight_final1
pl_upward
plr_hightower
pl_thundermountain
cp_coldfront

IMO, I LIKE having EVERY map. What we need is not to cut it down, just reorder it so there is not 4 games of KOTH within 5 maps.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dice said:
Meh, the controller sensitivity can't be fine-tuned enough for this game anyway. Even trackball mouse is better.
Why would you even want to use it? You will get absolutely raped as there is almost no auto-aim. It's like setting up a pad for use on the PC version of Call of Duty *shudders*

Yeah, the Black Box is basically an upgrade to the Rocket Launcher, you hardly notice the one missing rocket.

Some people are evil with the Short Stop, the new Scout main-slot pistol. Between that and the set's lasting power and the Mad Milk health regeneration, I'm seeing some pretty long-lived Milkman Scouts even in pub play.

Funny thing I noticed in my backpack just now:
TF2MannconomyVintagePDA.png

My PDA token's not transitioned gracefully. It wasn't even showing up for me yesterday. Well, at least it's Vintage. Edit: It's been fixed.

Speaking of, here's my Vintage trade list, sorry for the big image:
TF2MannconomyVintageTrade.png

I split it up by class. All that's Vintage, one of the FANs is Level 31, one of the Nataschas is Level 63. I'll obviously not quite treat those the same as the rest.

I have non-vintage Ambassador, Kritzkrieg, Scottish Resistance and Flare Gun if you really want those for some reason, and an extra Degreaser (Pyro flamethrower) and Black Box (Soldier rocket launcher). I might be encouraged to get rid of my Old Guadalajara (Pyro sombrero).

To complete a Vintage collection, I'll just need a Homewrecker. I'm also open to trading for some of the newer items (see next paragraph), and hats, primarily Scout hats like the Bonk Helm, Baker Boy, Bombing Run, or Milkman, Soldier Hats like the Stainless Pot or Tyrant's Helm, or the Medic's Ze Goggles. I'm not as concerned with the hats being Vintage, there's a point. PM me if you're interested in any of this.

For new items, I already have: Shortstop, Mad Milk and Holy Mackerel (Scout), The Black Box and Battalion's Backup (Soldier), The Degreaser (Pyro), and Your Eternal Reward (Spy).

There should probably be a separate Trading thread, I feel pretty awful plunking this here.

Dice

Stallion Free said:
Why would you even want to use it? You will get absolutely raped as there is almost no auto-aim. It's like setting up a pad for use on the PC version of Call of Duty *shudders*
I have always, always turned off auto-aim on consoles because it fucks up my headshots.

Listen, I started with Wolfenstein 3D like any other good PC gamer and my first and best years with the FPS genre have been on PC, but I also have 10+ years of experience with console FPS games now and I really don't understand why so many PC gamers are such little bitches about gamepads. They aren't as good as mouse, but they aren't half as bad as so many people make them out to be. If a game has such an amazingly shitty sensitivity gradient as this game does, I can see why they would think that, but that isn't the fault of the control format itself.

I'm so tired of this same stupid debate coming up every time I mention a controller. So fucking sorry for finding them comfortable and fun to use and not caring about attaining the highest amount of dominance I possibly can.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dice said:
I have always, always turned off auto-aim on consoles because it fucks up my headshots.

Listen, I started with Wolfenstein 3D like any other good PC gamer and my first and best years with the FPS genre have been on PC, but I also have 10+ years of experience with console FPS games now and I really don't understand why so many PC gamers are such little bitches about gamepads. They aren't as good as mouse, but they aren't half as bad as so many people make them out to be. If a game has such an amazingly shitty sensitivity gradient as this game does, I can see why they would think that, but that isn't the fault of the control format itself.

I'm so tired of this same stupid debate coming up every time I mention a controller. So fucking sorry for finding them comfortable and fun to use and not caring about attaining the highest amount of dominance I possibly can.
Oh my bad, I just like to play competitive games competitively, I forgot there were other ways to play them. So fucking sorry for assuming you would get pleasure out of dominating.

moojito

Nice going, calling other people bitches during a massive whine post when some guy asked you a perfectly reasonable question about why you choose to use what you admit yourself is an inferior control method.

So fixed my crash problem.

I'm now trying to see if I can get good with the force of nature... it's not going very well.

Still if you get buff banner you can near insta kill a heavy, thats pretty nice.

Dice

Stallion Free said:
Oh my bad, I just like to play competitive games competitively, I forgot there were other ways to play them. So fucking sorry for assuming you would get pleasure out of dominating.
Yes, not everyone is so serious about the match results of their entertainment. It's like the mindset you enter Mario Kart with. Winning is technically the goal, but you just aren't serious like with other racers, there is much else to be enjoyed there. You can have that mindset with many games, and some people prefer it.

moojito said:
Nice going, calling other people bitches during a massive whine post when some guy asked you a perfectly reasonable question about why you choose to use what you admit yourself is an inferior control method.
A question can be valid with a silly attitude. This...
You will get absolutely raped as there is almost no auto-aim.
...is exaggeration and demonstrated ignorance of gamepad controls and/or lack of grace with them. Same thing every time, always played up as shock, horror, or disgust. To anyone who has effectively used a gamepad before it just comes off as being a baby who never learned to walk. It comes off as the words of a quitter who never worked to be better because it hurt their pride to not immediately do as well as they did on mouse & keyboard.

I don't go looking to pick a fight with people who have this view of gamepads, I've just gotten tired of hearing the same crap every time I mention one (which I only do to find other people who do in order to set it up, as I did here) so I thought I'd speak my mind for once. I'm not giving people a general label of being bitches--I'm sure they man-up plenty in various aspects of gaming--I'm just saying that such is their attitude toward gamepads.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Still no one with a Vintage Cirt a Cola they don't need? I'll give you a Normal Crit A Cola + Anther Weapon!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Bro,, I play plenty of games with a pad, even first person shooters, but I would never play a multiplayer FPS with a pad. It would just frustrate me to get out-sniped 100% of the time.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Dice said:

I hear you man. Especially playing on the GAF server. I really don't care about topping the boards if i'm playing with a gamepad. I know i'm handicapping myself compared to people who play with a kb/m but sometimes i just want to play with a controller. I do it in borderlands, l4d, batman, etc.

Plus if i'm getting really drunk i don't think it would matter much which input i choose to play with :D

Yeef

I am jealous that everyone else seems to be getting tons of drops. So far all I've gotten is the new soldier backpack. All of the other new weapons I had to craft myself and I haven't been getting any drops at all.

Also, I don't really care about vintage weapons, so if anyone wants to trade a non-vintage version and some other weapon/reclaimed metal for a vintage item I'd be up for it.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/yeef

I actually already had a full vintage set before the patch went up, but used all of the stuff that I'm missing now to craft the new weapons.

zombieshavebrains said:
i just want to play with a controller. I do it in borderlands, l4d, batman, etc.
That is not a valid example.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Yeef said:
I am jealous that everyone else seems to be getting tons of drops. So far all I've gotten is the new soldier backpack. All of the other new weapons I had to craft myself and I haven't been getting any drops at all.

Also, I don't really care about vintage weapons, so if anyone wants to trade a non-vintage version and some other weapon/reclaimed metal for a vintage item I'd be up for it.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/yeef

I actually already had a full vintage set before the patch went up, but used all of the stuff that I'm missing now to craft the new weapons.

That is not a valid example.

Well...yeah you're right. It was just the fact that it was out on PC so i think most people played it with the kb/m. But there is no multiplayer in it so...

And i just crafted a GRU(love the russian references still) and a Sadvich, it said the crafting server was down, so i crafted it again and now i don't the metal or the items.

Dice

Stallion Free said:
Fucking <3 the buff banner. I can't roll without it.
I just got one. If several people on the team has them does it improve?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Dice said:
I just got one. If several people on the team has them does it improve?

Nope. Doesn't stack with kritz either, though it's utterly terrifying when you see them both together. If more than one person has a banner it's best to chain them.

MicVlaD said:
necfwn.png

Up for trade for other hats (or decent item for the Vita-Saw), though not quite certain about giving away the Duty Rag yet.

Gimmie that Tyrant's Helm. I've got a Vintage Trophy Belt and a non vintage Hound Dog. I also know the pain of owning a Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative. Don't you see that we are brothers? You can have all 3.

Drkirby said:
IMO, I LIKE having EVERY map. What we need is not to cut it down, just reorder it so there is not 4 games of KOTH within 5 maps.
Agreed. I still haven't played on every map yet, so I still don't know what they're all like. I suppose I could play on other servers, but I don't really want to.

Twig

Banned
evlcookie said:
I was going to bitch about that too but you have beaten me too it.

That's one of the really dumb things about tf2 getting micro transactions now. It already feels like they are turning the game on it's head and not in a good way. I have no issues with people buying weapons / hats if they want as long as i can get them through crafting, random drops, trading but the key thing is just absurd.
Yeah, it is stupid. Everything else I am perfectly okay with, but this is dumb.

Does anyone know if dueling mini-games can be obtained from random drops?
Javaman said:
No, you're doing it wrong. It doesn't need to shrink, it just needs to be reordered. There's absolutely no reason to remove any of those maps from the rotation.
Dice said:
...is exaggeration and demonstrated ignorance of gamepad controls and/or lack of grace with them. Same thing every time, always played up as shock, horror, or disgust. To anyone who has effectively used a gamepad before it just comes off as being a baby who never learned to walk. It comes off as the words of a quitter who never worked to be better because it hurt their pride to not immediately do as well as they did on mouse & keyboard.

I don't go looking to pick a fight with people who have this view of gamepads, I've just gotten tired of hearing the same crap every time I mention one (which I only do to find other people who do in order to set it up, as I did here) so I thought I'd speak my mind for once. I'm not giving people a general label of being bitches--I'm sure they man-up plenty in various aspects of gaming--I'm just saying that such is their attitude toward gamepads.
Here's a protip: no one actually gives two shits what you do. They were offering advice.

And it is an FACT that you will be considerably worse than people who use KB/M.

Unless you play exclusively pyro AMIRITE GUYS OH GOD AHAHAHA PYRO W+M1 MORE LIKE FORWARD+A AHAHA

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does anyone know if dueling mini-games can be obtained from random drops?
I think so, I thought I saw a person find one during the first day at Upward, but it could of just been a "Found" one, like "Finding" scrap metal. I think you just 1 game though and not a set of 5, making it much more rare for people who don't buy them.

Damn, double post, fuuuu...

Edit: Looking more into it, it can be found. But at 10 wins (And note the WINS, a draw does not count as a win in TF2's book, and you lose the gun too) to level up, its going to take a while to get the higher badges. Long Long times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom