• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think the frying pan is craftable.

STILL NEED:
Heavy gloves!
Scout pistol (or reclaimed metal)
Scout fish (or reclaimed metal)
Frying pan

TP

Blizzard said:
I don't think the frying pan is craftable. I have everything but the frying pan, the heavy gloves (WANT this before our competition...must I pay $5 to be able to have gloves on my heavy?!), the medic saw, and lots of cosmetic items.

Apparently it's random drop only, I managed to trade the medic saw and GRU for reclaimed metal. Nice

Yeef

I totally called the Eternal Reward's ability when it was first announced. The now disguising thing kind of sucks though. It's sort of like a reverse Dead Ringer.

Yeef said:
I totally called the Eternal Reward's ability when it was first announced. The now disguising thing kind of sucks though. It's sort of like a reverse Dead Ringer.
I've really been enjoying it. I was behind a Engineer following a Demoman. Stabbed the Engineer and right then the Demoman turned around. Didn't know a thing, thought I was still the Engineer who was following him. The change is pretty damn quick.

Of course I'm sure it wont be that simple with teams that actually communicate with each other on the mic.

Yasae

Banned
Firebrand said:
Updated NVIDIA drivers to 258.93 to play Civ5 and now TF2 keeps crashing the video driver. Sadness.
I've been getting random stuttering and my game crashed while crafting. Crafting server got busy, lost my scrap metal, and couldn't click any buttons. Had to process kill it fast or face a frozen screen of death.

Got the scrap metal back and recently found a vita-saw. Decent weapon. Gives you up to 20% ubercharge on next spawn at the cost of -10 max health.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
I've been getting random stuttering and my game crashed while crafting. Crafting server got busy, lost my scrap metal, and couldn't click any buttons. Had to process kill it fast or face a frozen screen of death.

Got the scrap metal back and recently found a vita-saw. Decent weapon. Gives you up to 20% ubercharge on next spawn at the cost of -10 max health.
wait...i thought it let you carry over your charge up to 20%, not automatically give you 20...

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
wait...i thought it let you carry over your charge up to 20%, not automatically give you 20...
That's what it claims in the description, but it might be wrong.

Regarding the knife, I think someone in the server tonight said that they stabbed, they heard the death scream, and the team turned around and killed the spy, so I don't know that it's actually SILENT. They could have been wrong though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was another death scream or a glitch.

I've seen it enough first hand. It makes a sound similar to when you hit a razorback with your knife, no scream, change disguise.

Not sure I like it cause you'd HAVE to rely on the cloak. Or you're a brave spy who backstabs idiots who don't shoot the other team's spy.

corn_fest

Eternal Reward seems really stupid. If you get killed by it, just tell your team that "spy is me" and the disguise is worthless, right?
Or is there something that I'm not getting here?

Boonoo

corn_fest said:
Eternal Reward seems really stupid. If you get killed by it, just tell your team that "spy is me" and the disguise is worthless, right?
Or is there something that I'm not getting here?

Most people don't pay attention to anything going on anywhere. So I think it will work really well. On top of that most people don't relay any useful information to their team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone have a Vintage Crit a Cola they want to trade? Looks to be the last item I need for a full set of Vintage weapons.

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
Most people don't pay attention to anything going on anywhere. So I think it will work really well. On top of that most people don't relay any useful information to their team.
It would definitely be useless in competitive environments though. U:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Got the new bonesaw thanks to nob and finaly got Geneva Contravention. Finished all the Soldier achievements!

What's the deal with the L4D2 stuff?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig said:
It would definitely be useless in competitive environments though. U:
90%+ of players don't care then :lol

But really, on a pub, it will be really useful, since people rarely communicate much.

Twig

Banned
I need vintage natascha and crit-a-cola now. U:

To offer I have:
Southern Hospitality x 3
Cloak and Dagger x 2
Homewrecker x 2
Flare Gun x 1
Tribalman's Shiv x 1
Gunboats x 1
Jarate x 2
Axetinguisher x 1
Bonk x 1

MEDIC TOKEN x 1

mrgone

I'm looking for a vintage Huntsman! done with the regular vintage stuff. Still working on polycount :)

Vintage items I've got to swap:
Sandman
Force-A-Nature
Jarate
Razorback
Tribalman's Shiv
Direct Hit
Chargin' Targe
Kritzkrieg
Sandvitch
Dalokoh's Bar
Axtinguisher
Backburner
Flare Gun
Homewrecker
Dead Ringer
Ambassador
Southern Hospitality
Gunslinger

Blizzard

Banned
After only a little experience with them, here are my thoughts on the new items so far:

Medic saw: Have it, haven't used it.
Heavy gloves: Want them, don't have them.
Scout pistol: It seems to do a good bit of damage to me, quite quickly, but I haven't crafted it yet.
Scout fish: I haven't used it, but it seems funny. I don't know what the "x1" thing does.
Scout milk: It doesn't seem very useful to me. A couple of times I or a teammate got healed, but passing up bonk/pistol/krit-a-cola for a chance at a bit of healing seems iffy.
Soldier rocket launcher: I like it, but haven't used it much yet.
Soldier buff banner replacement: It seems like a good idea, but I haven't used it yet.
Frying pan: Want it, don't have it yet (L4D/L4D2 item?).
Pyro flamethrower: It makes you switch REALLY quickly, but it's kind of silly since (at least with the new hammer or the flaregun) the next weapon to come out has like a half second delay to fire, so the quick switch doesn't seem to give you too much advantage unless I'm missing something. I haven't yet tried the normal axetinguisher combo, so that might fire really quickly or something.
Pyro hammer: It seems like it could be cool, but I haven't messed with it much.
Sniper croc shield: Not worth giving up jarate/smg for. I can't see the extra health being that useful unless I was super far away from the battle, or using the huntsman, but maybe using it some more will change my mind.
Sniper knife: It works very well if you can get anyone jarated/sniped with the new rifle. I might even keep it over the bleeding knife.
Spy knife: I had a hard time getting close enough to kill people. On the plus side, there are several uncloaked spies to kill now, since they want to try it out. :lol
Spy pistol: Seems like it would be quite useful with dead ringer or cloak and dagger, but I need to play with it some more. It's hard to pistol people to recharge your dead ringer before they manage to kill you, I feel like.

Last but not least, the new sniper rifle is probably my favorite, partly because it shoots through multiple people right now. It takes a half charge or so to do the jarate effect, but then any more shots you make will get that jarate bonus if they're on the same player. I am almost convinced that you can do a fully charged shot to kill an engineer THROUGH his sentry gun until they patch it. It's a fun weapon to use, basically, though probably not as useful as the normal gun.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Such a shame, just traded my extra away for the Ubersaw.

Wait, I just remembered, I STILL need a Vintage Dead Ringer!

So I need 2 Dead Ringers, one must be Vintage!

Stuff still left
Jarate x1
Razorback x 2
Buff Banner x 1
Gunboats x 1
Pain Train x 1
Chargin' Targe x 1
Eyelander x 1
Kritzkrieg x 1
Blutsauger x 2
KGB x 1
Sandvich x 1
Natascha x 1
Dalokohs Bar x 1
Flare Gun X 2
Homewrecker x 1
Cloak and Dagger x 4
Wrangler x 1
Souther Hospitatlity x 2
Gunslinger x 1
Frontier Justice x 3

Pyro flamethrower: It makes you switch REALLY quickly, but it's kind of silly since (at least with the new hammer or the flaregun) the next weapon to come out has like a half second delay to fire, so the quick switch doesn't seem to give you too much advantage unless I'm missing something. I haven't yet tried the normal axetinguisher combo, so that might fire really quickly or something.
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I find if you reclick you mouse right after you push quick switch you can fire. If you continue to hold the button down, it will take a bit to swing though, but my timing could just be bad.

I am liking the Hammer a lot, its a great 4th Option Melee Weapon. I want to see how it does with the 10% speed boost, I expect that to make it much more useful since I would be able to stay on people easier. Still doesn't help me take out Sentry Guns or Heavies though, so no major change in the status quo.

The Scout and Sniper updates still feel like they are meant to make the classes able to support in alternate ways (Chain the two with their sets, and you can most likely help hold a defense line pretty well)

Pyro is odd, its not overly useful, but that speed boost may be enough to make it an effective pack. It all relies on how much easier the speed boost will make kill enemies with the hammer.

Soldier sounds like it will do its job well, making it easier for a group to assault a built in area. The Spy pack seems like its just as situational as the watches, but being able to keep any watch as an option will give the class quiet a few more choices.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll trade you mine for the Medic Token :p

But really, if you can't find a 1:1 trade by someone else, I'll just trade one of mine for any one of your extras.

Yeef

I'm digging the new sniper rifle. It goes through people and does random crits as well. Since I can't aim for shit it's perfect for me.

The new flamethrower is a lot of fun too. It doesn't seem to do any less damage and works great with both the axestiguisher and the shotgun.

Eternal Reward is very situational, but one thing that's nice about it is that it disguises you fast enough to not get blasted by a sentry even if you're right next to it.

Getting the "most heals as a Pyro/Scout/Soldier" is going to take some getting used to.

(._.)

Banned
I was playing on my favorite server tonight and one of the coolest guys that plays on it had three of those huge party gifts and used all three on the entire server giving us all gifts.

OMG Aero

Since everyone else seems to be doing it, here are the vintage weapons I need:
Frontier Justice
Bonk
Crit-a-Cola
Gunboats
Jarate
Sandman
Pain train

And here are the vintage weapons I can trade for them:
Equalizer
Scottish Resistance x3
Chargin' Targe x3
Scotsman's Skullcutter
Sandvich
Southern Hospitality
Blutsauger
Kritzkrieg x4
Uber-Saw
Tribalman's Shiv
The Ambassador
Cloak and Dagger

(._.) said:
I was playing on my favorite server tonight and one of the coolest guys that plays on it had three of those huge party gifts and used all three on the entire server giving us all gifts.
What did you get?

commissar

anyone else seen this trading failure?

when trying to give away a soldiers stash :/

edit: vintage means before the store came up. it's a naming thing which says you found it through playing the game instead of buying it. thought new found ones won't discriminate the purchasing players, so everything here on out will not be vintage

I can't play TF2 since the patch.

If I click the mann store button, the game crashes.
When I load a server with a complex custom welcome box, the game crashes
When I die, the game crashes.

Already tried backing up the files and deleted the game entirely, reinstalled, didn't fix anything.

TP

Still missing the Frying Pan and Rocket jumper

Im offering crates and refined metal if anyone is interested.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:
How bout a separate thread for trading ?
I don't see trading being big enough on gaf to need one. TF2 gaf is a bit of a small group.

Wait, so that's actually a new ingame, uncraftable weapon? :O
Its the Rocket Launcher that does no damage and has double ammo. Good for practicing Rocket Jumps/A silly way to Grief (Look at me, I look productive, but I do nothing!)

I don't know if you can find it. I mean, its no major drawback to most people if you really do have to buy it, but it doesn't say anything about being pay for only.

moojito

I really hope this trading thing dies down soon, it's really not for me. I was trying to play some games last night and kept getting "MANN STORE IS DOWN" prompts in the middle of playing. Not cool! Also the main menu looking like a store, etc. Bleh.

moojito said:
I really hope this trading thing dies down soon, it's really not for me. I was trying to play some games last night and kept getting "MANN STORE IS DOWN" prompts in the middle of playing. Not cool! Also the main menu looking like a store, etc. Bleh.

Not to mention the endless trade spam in chat and people just sitting in spawn trying to organize trades.

Thing is, this isn't like a new weapon set that everyone will have in a week or two. It will never end until everyone has everything.

Won

Yeah, on one server some people stopped playing to do trading. They moved to spectators after a while. Then some others started to do "nothing" and suddenly I played a 6vs6 on a full 24 player server. :/

It will get organized soon enough. I'm sure groups will set up trade servers soon or something. Specifically designed to run a low-memory map with everyone in Spectate only.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, current list of things I want:

1 Vintage Crit a Cola
2 Dead Ringers (At least 1 Vintage)
Bill's Hat
Lumbricus Lid

And will trade Cloak and Dagger for unwanted Alian Swarm Parasites.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'm looking for:
Direct Hit
Soldier/all-class hats

Stuff available for trade:
Demoman token
Vintage Tough Guy's Toque
Vintage Gunboats
Vintage Homewrecker
Vintage Homewrecker
Vintage Blutsauger
Vintage Sandvich
Vintage Equalizer
Vintage Axtinguisher
Blutsauger

Probably won't be able to do the actual trade for another 12 hours or so

Edit:
OMG Aero said:
Since everyone else seems to be doing it, here are the vintage weapons I need:
Gunboats

And here are the vintage weapons I can trade for them:
Cloak and Dagger
I'd be down for this, I have zero spy items. Wouldn't complain if you threw in a Kritzkrieg as well!

Did anyone notice the theme of this update is jigglebones.

Every class except Pyro got a jiggleboned item, lol.

Fish, Banner, Milk, Black box, Fez, Croc Shield

Also, there doesn't appear to be any way to craft the GRU, which is sad because it's the last weapon I need.

SyNapSe

moojito said:

That is definitely annoying; It doesn't just pop up in the way, it actually makes itself the priority window so you have to click it.

(._.)

Banned
OMG Aero said:
What did you get?
That new sniper back shield and the new buff banner thingy.

Got that new Soldier Dapper hat also. Had the Heavy Protector and did a 1:1 trade. Some people just don't under stand how some hats are more rare than others. I have gotten some hilarious offers for the dapper.

rar

i am willing to trade most of my vintage weapons for any two vintage or non-vintage weapons

kritzkrieg
flaregun
ubersaw
blutsauger
axetinguisher
equalizer
gunslinger
natasha
jarate
tribalman's shiv
homewrecker
boxing gloves
sandvich
sandman
frontier justice

for the blutsauger, frontier justice, and axetinguisher, i would need a non-vintage one in return, as i cant go without having those items

(._.)

Banned
I'm willing to do a 2:1 deal for any polycount hat. I have a green Bonkhelm I painted and a Noble Assessment of hats. I would trade those off for any of the new hats added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom