• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

The bacons is correct.

As far as the uber weapons are concerned, the only ones I don't like are the mantreads and the market gardner, maily because they're so difficult to use well in a real game. The winger and the family business are 100% out classed by their vanilla weapons, but they look good enough that I'll use them just for aesthetics sometime. The detonator is a HUGE disappointment. It's basically useless in its current state.

froliq

Drkirby said:
So, what do you guys think of the new weapons now that you have had a chance to play around with them? New scout bat and primary are likely the best in the pack, and the new Demoknight stuff is also really good. Don't really like the Man treads, and the whip is hard to make effective with the solider being on of the slowest classes by default, shotgun is nice though.

Still haven't gotten the sniper set, but I don't really like it that much.
Demoknight stuff is just amazing and the damage on the new spy gun is just sooo good. Pyro's Detonator isn't all that great imo. It's good for setting multiple people on fire and the detonate option is also good to have, but it's just far less powerful than the regual flare gun. I still rack up much more kills with the flare gun and just mostly assists with the detonator.

I like the Soldier's whip if you can get it to good use. Moves you around quicker in some maps instead of rocket jumping and you lose no hp. The new shotgun and rocket launcher are great additions, but I've become too accustomed with the regular versions and the bigger clip sizes are a big factor for me.

Not really feeling the medic set and haven't crafted or gotten the others yet.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
I'm with Mr. Bacon on this one. I barely post in here anymore because all you guys do is "can I have a demo golf club?" or something like that.

You barely post in here anymore because you don't have anything interesting to say and no one likes you, even your mother (who adopted you).

The thread is slightly annoying, but I'm not complaining, I'm sure it'll pass once everyone has the new stuff and the summer crates are gone. I can't get behind the fake economy though, where everyone posts what they think an item is worth in .5 metal increments. Shit is just weird, don't even act like some of you don't have Excel files.

gibration

Drkirby said:
So, what do you guys think of the new weapons now that you have had a chance to play around with them? New scout bat and primary are likely the best in the pack, and the new Demoknight stuff is also really good. Don't really like the Man treads, and the whip is hard to make effective with the solider being on of the slowest classes by default, shotgun is nice though.

I still have yet to try out the weapons I want the most. The liberty launcher, detonator, tomislav, soda popper, enforcer, and the big earner. :(

Forkball

Clydefrog said:
I'm with Mr. Bacon on this one. I barely post in here anymore because all you guys do is "can I have a demo golf club?" or something like that.
That's a lie. No one wants the Demo golf club.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
jdogmoney said:
You guys, this isn't self-pimping so much as genuine curiosity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6nWpccD9h4

Is this funny, or at least does it have the potential to be funny?

Having a video of spy fails has the potential to be funny. This particular video? Not funny.

Has to be real blatant stuff. Like uncloaking in front of a sentry but forgetting to sap. Or waiting a couple seconds to backstab a sniper, but he has a razorback.

Zomba13

Sgt.Pepper said:
Poker Night update. Maybe with the new summer weapons?! :D

Nah, I don't expect it, but it could happen.
Maybe Poker Night will be on sale tomorrow and has a new summer cheevo?

It makes sense though

What better way to come up with new community aspects and program new server features, than to hire a server mod creator and massively used TF2 related website creator.

Yeef

yeoz said:
Are any/all of the winners on the server? We should play through them at some point.
All of the maps have been on the server since the contest started. We played a couple of them. They even have their own category in the nominations menu.

yeoz

Yeef said:
All of the maps have been on the server since the contest started. We played a couple of them. They even have their own category in the nominations menu.
You could've fooled me. Seems like all that ever gets played is payload payload payload.

I think we should designate at least one night of the week to be payload-less. No Upward, no Badwater, no Thunder Mountain, no fucking Hoodoo or Goldrush, for the love of god no Hightower or Barnblitz.

yeoz

Sgt.Pepper said:
Most played map at Janky-Ass are: Thundermountain, Hoodoo, Goldrush, and Hightower.

Ah, Upward too.
server_maps.png

(Harvest is the initial start up map, right?)

Yeef

yeoz said:
server_maps.png

(Harvest is the initial start up map, right?)
Yup. It was badwater for a long time (going back to 2.0), but people were complaining about missing badwater because they didn't join when the server first started.

XeroSauce

Dreams-Visions said:
I like the sniper rifle. faster reloading means faster aiming. always a good thing.

Tomislav is win.

Demo stuff is win.

Liberty Launcher <3, Disciplinary action = meh, new shotty = pretty nice.

Not quite sold on the quick fix.

I don't have any of the new Scout, Pyro or Spy weapons, so I can't comment.

wat

I hope you mean faster charge. Unless you're talking about the Huntsman or something.

I feel that the Bazaar gives too little reward for such a huge loss. Sure, you can still get 150 on an uncharged, but getting that overhealed Soldier or Heavy takes way too long when you have to sit there charging for a few seconds.

Soda Popper is...meh? I was really looking forward to it but it feels like it doesn't do enough damage. I probably need to play with it more, since I have trouble controlling the crits with my pistol and so on.

Yeef

XeroSauce said:
I feel that the Bazaar gives too little reward for such a huge loss. Sure, you can still get 150 on an uncharged, but getting that overhealed Soldier or Heavy takes way too long when you have to sit there charging for a few seconds.
It was great in the beta. They should have kept that version.

The way it worked was a 3 tier system:
  • At tier 2 you charged faster
  • At tier 1 you charged at normal rate
  • At tier 0 you charged slower.

You started out at tier 1. A heashot bumped you up a tier anything else bumped you down a tier. It's simple to understand and easier to use, with smaller penalty but also a smaller reward compared to the current method.

When we eventually get another rifle I'd like to see one that can't charge, has reduced damage, but gets multiple shots per clip.

yeoz said:
I dunno. I got the graphic from here.
Ah.

Code:
TOP 10 PLAYERS (Online & Offline)
Rank 	Name 	        Score   Time Played
1. 	Doug Welder 	8257 	96.75 hr
2. 	wartime 	7103 	68.53 hr
3. 	.ArtistDude88 	6547    77.17 hr
4. 	Yeef 	        5886   	94.3 hr
5. 	Baha 	        4475    58.87 hr
6. 	Zerokku 	3875 	50.98 hr
7. 	Crushed 	3784 	60.12 hr
8. 	Borgnine 	3635 	48.47 hr
9. 	Forkball 	3529 	66.73 hr
10. 	Neroh        	3502    36.68 hr

lol at the massive score differences in the top five compared to the relatively even bottom five

XeroSauce said:
wat

I hope you mean faster charge. Unless you're talking about the Huntsman or something.

Soda Popper is...meh? I was really looking forward to it but it feels like it doesn't do enough damage. I probably need to play with it more, since I have trouble controlling the crits with my pistol and so on.
Yes I meant charge.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
EmCeeGramr said:
Ah.

Code:

lol at the massive score differences in the top five compared to the relatively even bottom five

I'm surprised I made it into the top 10. I'm turrible :<

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Zerokku said:
I'm surprised I made it into the top 10. I'm turrible :<

Well, it's ranked by accumulated score and not score per minute. Don't worry, you're terrible.

Mafro

Drkirby said:

Tomislav was an absolute beast before they nerfed it, and afterwards I just went back to my strange minigun.

Demo set is brilliant, but the buffs were unnecessary and gimp Pyro even more.

Scout stuff is pretty good, but I'm not really a fan of the shotgun having only two shots before reload. I like the whole hype meter idea, though.

Liberty Launcher is easily my favourite Soldier weapon now, and the Reserve Shooter makes one hell of a noise.

Detonator is next to worthless. If they hadn't gimped it from the beta then it probably would have been the best weapon of the entire update.

Haven't tried any of the Sniper stuff since I never play that class.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
LukeSmith said:
I have an extra Solemn Vow I'd trade you - I have no idea what it's value is relative to your items/crates.

I could trade you for one of my spare non vintage weapons. Boston Basher, Buff Banner, Crusader's Crossbow, L'Etranger, or Frontier Justice?

Ghost23

Ok, I have 2 summer coolers. All I want is the spy turtleneck. Should I risk buying one more key, or do I have a better chance with asking around the servers?

Clydefrog

EmCeeGramr said:
Ah.

Code:

Surely I must be number 11 or something. This is outrageous.

Clydefrog said:
Surely I must be number 11 or something. This is outrageous.
Code:
Rank 	Name   	  	        Score   Time Played   	  
11 	Whoreoleo         	3363    62.55 	
12 	Inkwell 	        3361 	53.65 	
13 	Borsalino 	        3333 	40.27 	
14 	yeoz 	  	        3280 	56.78 	
15 	AcciDante          	3200 	38.23 	
16 	•GG• Ketch [GAF] 	3159 	55.23 	
17 	fallengorn 	        3096    34.77 	
18 	MUJU 	                3028  	32.62 	
19 	Metaphorically     	2921 	46.98 	
20 	Pangloss 	  	2886 	65.18 	
21 	Wagosto 	  	2758 	31.78 	
22 	Treecubed 	  	2329 	33.7 	
23 	Nate 	        	2123 	48.03 	
24 	adam         	  	2104 	46.93 	
25 	LEO2033 	  	2049 	47.12 	
26 	A Dog Chasing Cars 	2042 	39.47 	
27 	commissar bacon 	1982 	37.13 	
28 	Speculawyer 	  	1953 	56.92 	
29 	Firebrand 	  	1935 	28.3 	
30 	KillerSaint 	  	1934 	35.55 	
31 	[GAF]Sciz 	  	1859 	23.02 	
32 	CynageN 	  	1843 	26.32 	
33 	SpaceB0y 	  	1832 	33.38 	
34 	Thoraxes 	  	1793 	27.07 	
35 	SgtPepper 	  	1767 	41.95 	
36 	Javaman 	  	1740 	63.82 	
37 	Blizzard 	  	1595 	23.67 	
38 	crusading.monkey 	1558 	26.52 	
39 	mojimbo 	  	1543 	28.18 	
40 	n0b 	  	        1514 	16.23 	
41 	GPGrimm 	  	1506 	23.17 	
42 	Drkirby 	  	1321 	24.38 	
43 	Sno 	        	1237 	16.95 	
44 	lazy 	        	1232 	19.78 	
45 	CommodoreBluth 	  	1190 	26.67 	
46 	Lester Roquefort 	1155 	24.42 	
47 	Artemis Clivefrog 	1086 	19.93 	
48 	[s]Litvinenko 	  	1010 	11.37 	
49 	FatCatAttack 	  	1008 	16.08 	
50 	Crooked Rain 	  	965 	11.85

Note that it's thrown off by name changes, as it lists them as separate players (bad news Kuro!).

...Yes, some of wartime's name changes have more points than people who post in this thread.

I'm at 61. That's bad, man. I need to play more...but L4D2 and Brawl are so much fun D: Doesn't help that I only really like playing on the GAF server.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just found a strange rocket launcher, but I'm never playing as a soldier :/ anyone got strange stuff for scout/engie or maybe a bow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom